[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 1051

Reshetov:

Wrong.

static int totalh=0; // static variables are declared before calling start(), init() and deinit()

int start() {

if (OrderHistoryTotal() != totalh) {

// replenished by one order

}

totalh = OrderHistoryTotal();

}

got it!!!

eddy:
I want to analyze a year or two of history to have an idea of what time of day is the most volatile

I found no specific statistics for 5-120 min. But I found an idea - to make an Expert Advisor that buys at the beginning of the range and closes the deal at the end.

Only the main question remains - how to collect statistics, namely - the average profitability of the first 5 min, second 5 min, ... the last 5 min, 1 hour, 2 hours, ... the last one, etc.

eddy: the only remaining question is how to collect statistics, namely the average profitability of the first 5 minutes of the day, the second 5 minutes, ... the last 5 minutes, the 1st hour, the 2nd hour... the last one, etc.
Why do you need Print? - Print the date and time of each 5 minutes... - and then you can go to....

how do you get the statistics?
i need to find the average profit of the first 5 minutes of the day when selling and when buying, how?)

Yeah... Do you know anything about programming? Any language or environment?

---

can you count by hand? i.e. you have data - in what form would you count it by hand (on paper)? give me an example...

I know how to find the arithmetic mean, but in mql I haven't worked with logs and statistics

then forget it... :) you won't be able to analyse the results :) - you'll be like the Chukcha in Field of Dreams... guessed all the letters but couldn't pronounce the word...

I can't if they don't tell me how.

I don't have to do it, and whoever likes the idea can do it

eddy:

I can't if they don't tell me how.

I don't have to do it, and whoever likes the idea can do it

First decide what you need to do, without mql, just write at least for one five minutes.

What's not clear? I've made it clear.
Reason: