[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 1049

Roman.:

The Buy Stop has nothing to do with the Buy Limit: A DC will not open the position because if you buy from a Buy Bid + Min Bid, the result will be a distortion of the Buy Stop order below the minimum order placed by the DC. You will not be allowed to open due to the order being set close to the price. DT considers buy entry from the Ask - it's elementary... Min dist in currency + ask price = minimum buy stop order level - read textbooks.
Besides, you may count from Bid or Ask. The only difference will be the value of spread, if we calculate it by Bid (see an example in the previous post). That is, if we calculate the buy from the Bid, then + middling+spread. And if from Ask, then + only the middling.

volshebnik:
The difference will only be the spread if you count from Bid or Ask. The only difference will be the spread, if you count from Bid (see example in the previous post). That is, if buy is from Bid, then + middling+spread. And if from Ask, then + only the middling.

Yes, yes, yes, I agree, I hurried myself, my apologies... Nevertheless, in the real market: (Ask + only myndist + "buffer")

Roman.:
... set an additional "buffer" to enter the market and everything will be OK. :-)))
How big should the "buffer" be?

volshebnik:
What should be the value of the "buffer" ?

I think - a few pips in the deposit currency, try it, eventually you will come up with a figure yourself experimentally, enter it as an external variable and see changing it in the Expert Advisor on its performance in the real market.

Roman.:

I think - a few pips in the currency of the deposit, try it, eventually come up with a figure yourself experimentally, put it in an external variable and see how it changes in the EA on its performance in the real market.

Roman, thank you very much ! I will try it, I put "buffer" in 1 point before - it didn't help.

volshebnik:
Roman, thank you very much ! I'll give it a try, I used to put "buffer" at 1 point - didn't help.

1 is not much, of course. A lot depends on the broker on its speed of execution of your orders, depends on the speed (of the Internet) of your orders to the broker, probably also on "something" on the real account that we (I) have no idea about. Slava wrote about how his broker cut his pipsaur (by means of so called "individual approach" to a client) increasing the min dist from 2,3 points to 18 - 20 points, see a branch here https://forum.mql4.com/ru/37451/page10...

eddy:
I want to analyse a year or two of history to get an idea of what time of day is the most volatile
ForexTools http://forextools .com.ua/analyse/barstatline.html

What does "allow import from external experts" mean in the menu?

gheka:

What does "allow import from external EAs" mean in the menu?

As I understand it, it means e.g. number of EAs trading on one account in the process of working with each other.

it means, if this quantity exceeds 10, then even in spite of fulfillment of conditions for opening another position by any EA, the position will not open, because this limit is exceeded, of course, this condition should be set in each trading EA. The EAs exchange parameters using global variables - and this option of importing parameters from an external EA is used to do it. Although... it is possible that some parameters can be transferred from some other EA from different trading account... Check documentation and help - it's all there.

Please help. The Expert Advisor places two pendants BuyStop and SellStop on the signals. There is another signal to open a buy pending order. I need to modify an old Buy order by conditions of the last signal. I did it through the OrderModify() function. It didn't work. It gives us an error 4051. How to select the required order. I understand that we should choose the ticket, but how to determine the ticket of the required order (in this case, we are dealing with BuyStop). Please explain at least the logic of action. Thank you!
Reason: