Are successful traders and programmers here, or are they just dreamers and theorists?

I'm a newcomer to this forum.

But after reading a couple dozen topics it becomes clear that either old-timers or newbies "live" here.

Newbies like me, a bribe for nothing :) Dummies and nothing but.

The old-timers help everybody. Respect to them:).

But here's the question.

This pile of information on probability theory, neural networks, all sorts of theories, a bunch of crap (at first or even second glance is not understandable).

:) which may have only experts in a narrow field or nuggets of "Einstein" really help in successful trading or it's just

theories? If so, why are you here? (The question for experienced veterans), you should patronize them and your children if there are any.

There are so many interesting things in life.......

Or are you looking for companionship among your peers, hiding the secrets of your trading, chewing over all the issues but what really works?

Or are you just theoreticians who accumulated a lot of knowledge and do not know where to put it except for people who are just starting down this thorny path?

I apologize in advance if I have offended anyone, but I am still interested in your response.

P.S had a little too much beer (hit a little philosophy) :)

For some reason, it seems to me that those who achieve something are quick to leave here, while those who stay, especially for a long time, hardly have anything to say other than to cast a shadow over their "methods". I've just been lucky enough to meet some people who actually earn, though not on Forex. They do not make any secrets about it. Although I have no statistics, maybe it all just seems to me)

Vlad1m1r17 писал (а) >>

I'm a newcomer to this forum.

But after reading a couple dozen topics it becomes clear that either old-timers or newbies "live" here.

Newbies like me, a bribe for nothing :) Dummies and nothing but.

The old-timers help everybody. Respect to them:).

But here's the question.

This pile of information on probability theory, neural networks, all sorts of theories, a bunch of crap (at first or even second glance is not understandable).

:) which may have only experts in a narrow field or nuggets of "Einstein" really help in successful trading or it's just

theories? If so, why are you here? (The question for experienced veterans), you should patronize them and your children if there are any.

There are so many interesting things in life.......

Or are you looking for companionship among your peers, hiding the secrets of your trading, chewing over all the issues but what really works?

Or are you just theoreticians who accumulated a lot of knowledge and do not know where to put it except for people who are just starting down this thorny path?

I apologize in advance if I have offended anyone, but I am still interested in your response.

P.S had a little too much beer (philosophical) :)

I think that the content of this site is well described by LeoV 06.07.2008 01:13:

1. Somebody is not good at programming and orders EAs on the side, using his own ideas.

2. Someone is not very good at programming and makes up EAs from various EAs and pieces of code to implement his or her idea.

3. Someone knows how to program and implements his or her ideas by himself or herself.

4. Someone does not have ideas and cannot program, so he buys ready-made EAs or downloads them for free trying to find a profitable one.

5. Someone studies MQL to finally make his or her own grail.

6. Others just cannot stand still looking at the Equity indicator resting in the sky of overoptimized EAs or adjusted to the history and dreaming about what it would be like .........

. The life is very diverse to fit all its participants under the same rules. You can write your own version, which I have missed. Unfortunately there is no formula for success, so everyone chooses his own way to find that one, unique, only he knows the secret of success. That's why I wrote "To each his own".

Wisard писал (а) >>
For some reason it seems to me that those who achieve something are quick to leave here, while those who stay, especially for a long time, hardly have anything to say other than to cast a shadow over their "methods". I've just been lucky enough to meet some people who actually earn, though not on Forex. They do not make any secrets about it. Although I don't have statistics, maybe it all just seems to me)

So tell me more about it, otherwise you get the proverbial mystery of your "methods" again.

I forgot to say: I am a dreamer acting on LeoV's point 6

Vlad1m1r17 писал (а) >> I am new to this forum.

On this forum, and on any other, you are unlikely to find a TS or Expert Advisor that just put it on the chart and start mowing money like a man on fire, increasing your deposit by "330 times in 2 hours". No one is going to give you a working TS or Expert Advisor for nothing. Why, you may ask? Because all this is not easy. In order to get it you need either to sit 24 hours a day in front of the computer screen, studying the market and looking for rules, according to which the TS may work, or buy a working EA for a lot of money, and besides buy an EA, you need to understand the principles by which it works, to properly re-train it from time to time. Every Expert Advisor, like a good girl, requires attention and understanding ))))). So don't look for the Holy Grail here (it seems to me there is none at all). Everyone is just trying to find his own way of working in financial markets. And how you will find it and what is your own business.

geopoint писал (а) >>
I forgot to say: I am a dreamer acting on LeoV's point #6

)))) Self-irony is a good quality )))))

There is no mystique. It's just that most worthwhile ideas require a different level of presentation. The "two wipers plus RSI plus Bollinger" level is too primitive for a robust system. Damn, I've put in an obscure word for mystery again, I couldn't resist...

LeoV's classification puts me more in line with item 3, although I'm not as ace. 3, although I'm not as good as professional coders. I traded hands three years ago, lost a large sum. I'm not upset, I'm still looking for my own. I've vowed not to go for real until I have a stable system, which would be a full automatic.

There are some people here who trade on the real account. The "newbie/old-timer" classification has nothing to do with it.

Vlad1m1r17 писал (а) >>

A lot of information on probability theory, neural networks, all sorts of theories, a lot of crap (not understandable at first or even second glance).

:) in which perhaps only experts have a narrow profile or nuggets of "Einstein" really help in successful trading or it's just

theory?

IMHO, all this bullshit, and only, although I may be a loser (probably so = ( ), I also said a similar theme, "And what it needs this programming?" but I don't know, now I'll get a NS and if they don't give me anything, I'll send this forex to the pussy... to the Himalayas.

But for the point if: lost several times Depo (small truth), each time another graal, put myself in losers losers lamers, now smoking mambo aside in the hope that maybe someday something will turn out, but it's unlikely, probably just a hobby has grown ... and so, help me real 0.

So I'll just put myself down as a theoretical dreamer =(

Mathemat писал (а) >>

There is no mystique. It's just that most worthwhile ideas require a different level of presentation. The "two wipers plus RSI plus Bollinger" level is too primitive for a robust system. Damn, I've put in an obscure word for mystery again, I couldn't resist...

LeoV's classification puts me more in line with item 3, although I'm not as ace. 3, although I'm not as good as professional coders. I traded hands three years ago, lost a large sum. I'm not upset, I'm still looking for my own. I've promised myself not to go for real until I've got a stable system, which is a full automatic.

There are some people here who trade on the real account. The old-timer/newbie classification has nothing to do with it.

+1.

The real conversations are often held by outsiders who do not understand the real idea...

And you have to break your head for 100 times in order to codify it.

I have also given myself a promise: Until I create a stable and suitable system, I don't want to work for real money... (Although real. money has already stopped to drain, but also earnings 0, in place and at least kill).

Why am I here (I am not an old resident but nevertheless I will answer): There are very smart people who in certain areas of mathematics (and not only) will head start anyone you want, so if there is an idea, then first of all this site, very often these ideas have already been worked through, and not to reinvent the wheel or lose time ...

IMHO: Strength is not in knowledge, but in the quality of its application.

2 zero with that kind of attitude and self-influence you won't master anything, much less NS. More positively.

Passed items 3, 5

And now Victory #6

Waiting for the Championship and all down to earth (work for a paycheck)

Reason: