[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 289

Memories of a longshoreman:

http://bormental-r.livejournal.com/18991.html

Integer:
There is one dubious point in this article about Zoya - she couldn't be moved. This begs the question - didn't you try to lift her so she could be transferred to a hospital? This is the point that raises doubts about the authenticity of the events.

And the fact that a living person stood for more than 4 months, without food, without water, without the performance of natural physiological functions, without moving - how is that?

What about the fact that it was cold and hard as a rock? And that the needles were breaking on her? And how could she scream in her condition?

In general, the reaction to this message polarises people into two camps. On the pioneers, who see it as "pioneer horror stories", thinking, apparently, that they know everything about the world and that they from the height of their pioneering omniscience simply can not understand and explain does not exist. And others, who do not hasten, without sufficient reason, to brand "it does not happen, because it can never be", but at least think about it. I include myself among the others.

Yurixx:

And the fact that a living man stood for more than 4 months without eating, without water, without exercising natural physiological functions, without moving - how is that?

What about the fact that it was cold and hard as a rock? And that the needles were breaking on her? And how could she scream in her condition?

In general, the reaction to this message polarises people into two camps. On the pioneers, who see it as "pioneer horror stories", thinking, apparently, that they know everything about the world and that they from the height of their pioneering omniscience simply can not understand and explain does not exist. And others, who do not hasten, without sufficient reason, to brand "it does not happen, because it can never be", but at least think about it. I count myself among the others.

Yurix is a simple girl, not familiar with physiology.

And the fact that a living person has stood for more than 4 months, without food, without water, without the exercise of natural physiological functions, without moving is how ?

There's no way, that's a lie. A living person can't. He'll die.

What about being cold and hard as a rock? What about the needles breaking on her? And how could she scream like that?

Well, if she'd been hard as a rock, she wouldn't have screamed. It's hard to stick a needle in a muscle with a cramp, but a cramp lasting more than a few minutes causes muscle tissue trauma, kapel muscle comes, cramp can't last 4 months.

Generally, the reaction to this message is polarizing people into two camps.

Yeah, the thinking, doubting camp and the aggressively moronic fairy tale believing camp.

--

It's all about genetics. Here, it's the caveman in our genes. What's 1500 A.D., take it from there. Even before our era, they started making up these fairy tales, so we still believe them.

The only thing I'm surprised at is that these morons who believe in pioneer horror stories are represented here in notable numbers. Not an obscurantist site after all. Well...

I see the pioneers recognised themselves and ran to the rally. :-)))

There is a wonderful, true pioneer film (for those fixated on the pioneer tie I inform you: in the original sense, pioneer means first, pioneer). The film is made in the USA. It is called "What the Bleep !? Down the Rabbit Hole". It had two releases in 2004 of 1 hour and 45 minutes and in 2006 of 2 hours and 34 minutes. The second release, although almost an hour longer, is easier to digest and more understandable. Explanatory cartoons are included there for the pioneers. Nothing to do with religion or any beliefs whatsoever. It's purely about science, the revolution in scientific understanding of the world that has been taking place in recent years. Didn't you know?

I highly recommend it. A real high quality popular science film about the most basic of things. Perhaps it will take away your pioneer virginity, at least in part.

For those who do not know (or have forgotten) - special symbols are inserted through Alt.

E.g. copyright - Alt (holding in) 0169 - ©

Trademark - Alt 0153 - ™

etc..

You'd be advised to watch "Zeitgeist" and other cunts, you obscurantists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_Bleep_Do_We_Know!%3F

"The film has been criticized for misrepresenting science and containing pseudoscience, and has been described as quantum mysticism."

Actually, it's very funny and revealing how obscurantists run around with such agitations, in which they have been lucidly told "How things really are" by all sorts of charlatans.

wise:

In general, it's very funny and revealing how obscurantists carry around such agitations in which they have been lucidly told "How things really are" by all sorts of charlatans.

and how things really are...?

denis_orlov:
and how is it really...?
Nothing...))

By the way, this is a very concrete and - hrribly dictu - philosophical thing

A worldview, if you will...

Reason: