[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 292

gip:

Actually, I think if the professors were invited to this Zoya, they must have tried to lift her up. If, say, she was glued to the floor in a miraculous way, they probably would have thought to saw her out along with a piece of the floor. If they had not sawed it out, it was more complicated, perhaps it levitated and was rigidly fixed in space relative to the ground by divine forces.

Why not? Well, if we're going to do it.

In the movie and the floor around her is petrified - the saw broke. It is all nonsense to believe or not to believe in them. If we talk about miracles, then as the saints (who know) say all the graces and gifts of God - without violating the physical laws. By the way back in the 50's yogis for doctors used to stop the heart and breath for up to a few hours - generally it is samadhi - the maximum period (rather theoretical) is 21 days.

A comment on the "you're a fool" discussion that took place. It turns out there is a full moon, which explains everything.

>

Tantrik:
If we are to discuss miracles, it is as the saints (who know) say of all God's graces and gifts - without violating physical laws.
Are there any such miracles at all? And, if there is no violation of physical laws, what is their "miraculousness", then? =)

wise:
Are there any such miracles at all? And, if there are no violations of physical laws, what is their "miraculousness", then? =)
That so many people can get involved in the silliest of arguments

granit77:

A comment on the "you're a fool" discussion that took place. It turns out there is a full moon, which explains everything.

Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh.

wise:
Are there any such miracles at all? And, if there are no violations of physical laws, what is their "miraculousness", then? =)

Like the opening of the third eye.

Paramahansa Yogananda.

Here is an example of the initial state on this stage, which is a personal experience of Paramahansa Yogananda from his book "Autobiography of Yoga":

"From the lungs, as if by some pump, all the air was drawn out; the body, while remaining active, was submerged in absolute peace. This was followed by an ecstatic expansion of my consciousness. I could see for miles around, for instance, I could clearly see on the other side of the Ganges to my left beyond the temple all the surroundings of Dakshineswar. The walls of all the buildings were luminous and transparent and through them I could see people moving in the distant fields. I was breathless and my body was surprisingly calm, though I was free to make movements with my arms and legs. For several minutes I deliberately made attempts to close my eyes and open them again -- and in both cases I could see the whole surroundings of Dakshineswar. My body seemed to be made of etheric substance, ready to float in the air quite conscious of everything around me. I looked around and took a few steps without interrupting this blissful vision.

So what's the point of a miracle?! What did someone say, that he sees everything and everyone?! Um...

А! Got it. That was Humour =)

We just have to wait it out We just have to wait it out We just have to wait it out

wise:

So what's the point of a miracle?! What did someone say, that he sees everything and everyone?! Um...

А! Got it. That was Humour =)

And proving it is even worse... One doctor (chiropractor) can (sometimes) see what a person is thinking, I went to straighten vertebrae. Told me that she started describing her flat environment to one patient - so she didn't come to the next session anymore.....
Reason: