How much does it cost to write a "complex" EA? - page 6

No, Alex, what I meant was that what you showed in that thread (a recent one, that was 9 days ago) could not have turned into MTS. It just wouldn't have had time. Too much work to do here...

NYROBA:
Vita:
NYROBA:
komposter:
NYROBA:
I am interested in the pricing of the final product. How much did you price your most time-consuming EA for?
Alex, how much do you price your most labour-intensive EA?

It's hard for me to judge, I'm not a programmer :)

You can approach it from a different angle. How much time did you spend creating your system?

Vita: It's hard to judge, probably about three years.
Yep. We've got the time order figured out. At a rough guess, given the complexity of EWA, you will be lucky if you create your Expert Advisor in a shorter time. I suppose the best way is to hire a programmer and pay the salary. It would be ideal to first create a fish EA, which would show the basic possibility of implementing your ideas in mql, and then you decide whether to start a routine related to EWA-sets, or whatever they are called. The fish will be done in a month or two.

Yeah, right. Before we give the ToR to the programmer, we need to make all the algorithms as detailed and clear as the proof of the theorem in mathematics. Otherwise we may have to formalize it for an unknown amount of time.

NYROBA писал (а):.........

I can tell you how I made one of those advisers.

The hardest part was probably figuring out what the trader wanted as a result. It took a lot of patience on my part and on the part of the trader. The Expert Advisor I was making is now a semi-automatic machine intended for professional trading. It contains more than 2000 lines of code. But it was not so difficult to type the code as it was much more difficult to find solutions for seemingly simple problems. Sometimes a seemingly simple task, when you translate it into a program code, suddenly becomes a very difficult task. I've been doing this for about two and a half months. And in fact, I dealt with it alone. Searching for the solution of the task I couldn't find myself at all. Code writing, debugging, fixing all sorts of occasional mistakes is a chore and in general if a person is a talented programmer it is just a job for him/her. Searching for a solution is another thing - this is not mere programming but analytics. You know, it turned out that a trader set me a task, I programmed it, sent him the result as an Expert Advisor and if everything was OK, he set another task, and I integrated its program code into the existing one. It turned out that we practically assembled the Expert Advisor piece by piece.

I have not taken money from the Expert Advisor because we had originally agreed on this. But if I had to put a price for my work, believe me, I would have asked for five hundred dollars, and I would have been right. And that would have been the right thing to do.

I think I have managed to show you the work of a programmer. Put yourself in his place and answer yourself (only honestly), how much would you ask for a job like this if you were a programmer?

Here's what else I want to say. The other day I was at a friend's house. His friend used to work in a printing house. He used to sit at his computer a lot. He went to the ophthalmologist and the doctor told him that his retina had detached. That's another side of being a programmer. And not just a programmer.

NYROBA:
Integer:
NYROBA:
iNatlami:

If the profitability of an EA is confirmed, the money paid for the work will be returned. It turns out that a profitable Expert Advisor is free:)

That goes without saying. :) But how much will the programmer ask for his work?

Count for yourself how much the man needs to maintain his trousers, the programmer needs 3-5 times more to maintain brains. This is only for maintenance.

Can you define maintenance of trousers in a certain figure?

I think you have a degree in economics, don't you? And you must know better than I do. Or it depends on your respect for the people who work for you.

NYROBA:
Integer:
NYROBA:
Integer:
NYROBA:
I am interested in the price of the final product. How much did you price your most labour-intensive EA for?

A bespoke job is not valued at the final cost of the product, but at the amount of labour involved in its creation multiplied by the qualifications of the person creating it.

I understand what you mean. I've never commissioned EA writing before, so I want to know what's what. :)

I don't think anyone will answer you that way. In this way, you can get an idea of how much the EA will cost. The tasks may also be different - or specifically - "this indicator shows so much, and this shows so much", or maybe in some other way - there is an icon on the chart and the inscription - "you need here".

I have already talked to the programmer about writing the Expert Advisor. He gave me a figure and I want to know whether it is normal or not. That's why I asked.

Name the number.

NYROBA:
Aleksey24:
iNatlami:

If the profitability of the advisor is confirmed, the money paid for the work is returned. Gets a profitable EA for free:)

Well, then I'm ready to start writing.

An advance of $5000.

:)

Do you think it is a lot of money? You will get the gold rain with huge profits according to your algorithm.

I would take a modest 10% of the profit of just the first month of the EA on your deposit up front. The rest of the profit is yours. So, if you, for example, have a modest deposit of 3'000 USD (before you start I will have to ask you for the investor password in order to find out the exact amount), then after a month the "golden Expert Advisor" turns it into 60'000 USD, and some 10% of the first month is 6'000 USD. This is my requested advance payment, a specific number. For this kind of work and rates are similar. Do we have a deal?

Integer:
NYROBA:
Integer:
NYROBA:
iNatlami:

If the profitability of the Expert Advisor is confirmed, the money paid for the work will be returned. It turns out that a profitable Expert Advisor is free:)

It goes without saying. :) But how much will the programmer ask for his work?

Count for yourself how much the man needs to maintain his trousers, the programmer needs 3-5 times more to maintain brains. This is only for maintenance.

Can you define the maintenance of trousers in a certain figure?

I think you have a degree in economics, don't you? And you must know better than I do. Or it depends on your respect for the people who work for you.

I'm even ashamed to admit that I studied at three universities, but only in 2006 I could graduate from the university and get a higher education, majoring in computer science and economics. It's a pity I'm not as good at programming as I'd like to be. You're absolutely right about the "brain support" - the government pays very little attention to that issue, so it's not so easy for many professionals, to put it mildly!

NYROBA:
You are absolutely right about "keeping brains" - the state pays very little attention to this issue, so it is not very easy for many professionals to say the least!

Yes, there are many shortcomings in every state, but you seem to want things to be true for you personally.

This whole conversation reminded me of the confusion that emerged in the early 1990s: the wave of newfangled co-operatives, the rumours of fabulous earnings from the first brokers who sold the plane, all sorts of racketeering and scams, stupidity and naivety, cunning and opportunism. And a roof. In those days, you just had to have a roof. One of the main issues at that time was the question of a kind of foundation, a point of reference. Neither the state authorities and the cops, nor the police, nor the police protection could guarantee a normal life: you had to pay them all but there was no peace of mind. Everyone wanted certainty, at least a god, a king, or an angel, but someone to whom one could come for an answer. For the final answer. Everybody wanted to have a source, where the ultimate truth could be proclaimed. And it was clear to everyone that this power would be the definitive and guiding force in our lives.

As a result of the emergence of a new kind of activity (I dare say it), a market for a new kind of goods and services - expert-indicators-MTS and programming - began to take shape. This market has its buyers and its sellers. There is only one thing missing. There is no foundation, no reference point, no originator. There is no force, clearly defining the rules of the game. This force is still forming, but it will soon take its position.

Exactly when MQ has made the final decision to take its defining place on this market, the market will calm down. Prices will normalise, names, regalia, methods of classifying programmes and services and so on will emerge.

I don't think we have long to wait:)

Reason: