MetaEditor build 1463 - page 4

Vladimir Karputov:
Please gather everything into one post: text, description, question. Don't spare the ink and paper.

Dear Sir, once again I repeat that this is an answer to Renat's question. He asked me to show screenshots - I did so.

fxsaber:

Dear Sir, once again I repeat that this is an answer to Renat's question. He asked me to show screenshots and I did so.

Do bother to realise that a technical forum does not just tell you what to do:

A forum for trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MetaEditor build 1463

Renat Fatkhullin, 2016.11.04 19:07

Write more technically, please. At least with screenshots.

Otherwise, it's not clear what exactly you mean by short phrases or references to some scripts or the past.

And one more thing - read the title of the thread.

Vladimir Karputov:

Try to realise that a technical forum doesn't just tell you what to do:

Also - read the thread title.

What is your purpose in trying to flood my technical dialogue with Renat?

You have absolutely no knowledge of the MT4 view of history. You don't know how convenient it is and so on. And that's what ALL the old-timers here know. And Renat, of course. Therefore, our dialogue with him on this subject is very substantive.

fxsaber:

What is your purpose in trying to bog down my technical dialogue with Renat?

You have absolutely no knowledge of the MT4 view of history. You don't know how convenient it is or anything like that. And that's what ALL the old-timers here know. And Renat, of course. Therefore, our dialogue with him on this subject is very substantive.

I take it you couldn't read the title of this thread? If you couldn't, I'll tell you that there are only questions on, so far, the new version 1463 and it does not concern in any way some comrades with phantom pains from "four".

fxsaber:

Here is my story in MT5 representation

I have an excellent understanding of trades, positions, orders. I write complicated pretzels in pure MQL5. But I cannot digest this view of history at all. My head is spinning. I cannot answer simple questions, which I did not even think about in MT4.

That is why I converted the script of 2006 and it shows the SAME history like this

Everything is there, just like in the palm of my hand. I see, it's easy to read! Immediately clear who, where, when and to what extent. You can see all the connections, etc.

Yes, the idea is clear now.

It's been asked for a long time and we will make an additional main report, which drains not only orders with trades, but also cleared trades (that's where the horror is).

We just need to get our act together.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Yes, now the idea is clear.

It's been requested for a long time and we will make an additional master report that drains not only orders with trades, but also cleared trades (that's where the horror is).

We just need to get our act together.

That's how the conversion went
// MQL4&5-code

#include <MT4Orders.mqh>    // https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/16006
#include <MQL4_to_MQL5.mqh> // https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/16006

#ifdef __MQL5__
  void OnStart( void )
  {
    // Report_strict.mq4
    ::init();
    ::start();
    ::deinit();

MessageBox("Загляните в MQL5\\Files");

return;
  }
#endif // __MQL5__

// Не обращайте внимание на Warnings - скрипт написан в 2006 году...
#define i ii // избегаем часть Warnings
#include "Report_strict.mq4" // #property strict (MQL5), original - https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/8126

I.e. I just wrote MT4 functions for MT5. And everything works automatically. Therefore it should not be difficult at all. In addition, the MT4 functions help me to easily migrate to MT5.

Maybe you should write a similar library, so that people can switch and read your code. The problem is actually the reading of the code. On MT4 functions under MT5, people immediately understand what the code does. This ease is what makes people on forums even under MultiCharts and NinjaTrader discuss trading algorithms on MT4-order language system. Everyone understands at once. It has sort of become an international order language. And this achievement of yours, which you can and should be proud of, is probably worth using.

I am not familiar with clearing, so I can't imagine the seriousness of the problem.

ArrayPrint.

If you look at the hint, the second element is responsible for the accuracy of the output:

uint

but: the variable's type must be uint, but the hint says _Point, and _Point is not uint at all. Was it supposed to mean Digits()?

Vladimir Karputov:

But: the variable type should be uint, but in the hint it is _Point, and _Point is not uint at all. Was it perhaps meant Digits()?

I think it must mean double. So that you may set quantization not only to integer powers of tens (Digits).

It's a long overdue necessity.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

Alternative implementations of standard functions/approaches

Renat Fatkhullin, 2016.09.02 00:55

the idea is clear - a normalisation function taking into account tick granulation.

fxsaber:

Probably meant double. So that quantisation can be set to more than just an integer degree of ten (Digits).

Long overdue need.

No. It should be an integer digit, not a real one - the number of digits to be output after the decimal point. For example, if "3" is transmitted we get:

2016.11.04 21:50:56.974 ArrayPrint (EURUSD,M30) ArrayPrint(Open,3):
2016.11.04 21:50:56.974 ArrayPrint (EURUSD,M30) 1.112 1.112 1.112 1.112 1.112 1.111 1.112 1.112 1.112

Vladimir Karputov:

No. It must be an integer, not a real number - the number of digits to be output after the decimal point. For example, passing "3" will produce:

2016.11.04 21:50:56.974 ArrayPrint (EURUSD,M30) ArrayPrint(Open,3):
2016.11.04 21:50:56.974 ArrayPrint (EURUSD,M30) 1.112 1.112 1.112 1.112 1.112 1.111 1.112 1.112 1.112 
So granulation during normalisation is still a matter for the future.
Reason: