Why is trading without stop-loss considered absurd for many! - page 19

Olexiy Polyakov:

Trading without stops is contrary to common sense, because the loss is not limited by anything, which means you are not respecting the MM, there is no predictable risk per trade!

In case of a force majeure (the Internet in your area is down, your computer burns out, your phone runs out of power, etc.), you can sit in a deep puddle!

Even if you sit in front of the monitor all the time and are ready to close the deal by hand, you still lose a few points + losses on slippage and spread widening!

P.S.: for me, as a scalper, every point is important, giving it to someone is stupid, even if it's 1 point, with 1000 trades I will lose a lot of money!

In your case yes, I started to trade gold, I had a $500 account but the minimum lot was only 0.1, I took a maximum of 25-30 pips. Yes, when you close something by hand, you lose, but there are surprises when the price did not reach the profit point, when it turned around and went down and knocked you out by a stop, it hurts the most

Petr Baskakov:
You have to use your brain, not a stop before you open any order.
This topic is not about correct entry. It is about the absurdity of limiting losses.

Bicus:

And yes, I don't believe a word this young lady says.

=)))

I am not a seer to believe me! And you and I are not relatives, or colleagues, or partners, or even acquaintances, so that you would believe anything I have said at all.

Oxana Tambur:
In your case yes, when I started trading gold I had a $500 account but because my minimum lot was only 0.1 I took 25-30 pips at most, yes, when you close with your hands you lose something, but there are surprises when the price did not reach profit point, when it changed around and beat you on stop, it hurts the most
You may correct your TS, work on entry and exit points!

Olexiy Polyakov:
Adjust your TS, work on entry and exit points!
Well, so far I have no problems with it, because I work strictly by waves, before, when I was pipsing, I entered strictly on corrections

Alexander Laur:

No one is convincing you, at least not me. You want to put stops, no questions asked, put them in. :)

In the example I gave a strategy. Open neutral triangle and look at the result after a day, a week ... You will be surprised by the result.

I don't quite understand why I need to open a neutral triangle, if I can clearly see where not to open a trade and where to exit it.

You are reinventing the wheel, triangles? :))))))))))))

Sometimes it`s funny reading these posts, triangles, parallelepipeds, trend lines, it`s so funny reading all this crap, but what`s funniest is the fact that you are not the only one who believes in all this crap! )))))))))))

Olexiy Polyakov:

I don't quite understand why I need to open a neutral triangle if I can clearly see where not to open a trade and where to exit from it?

You are reinventing the wheel with triangles? :))))))))))))

Sometimes it`s funny reading these posts, triangles, parallelepipeds, trend lines, it`s so funny reading all this crap, but what`s funniest is the fact that you are not the only one who believes in all this crap! )))))))))))

The most important thing is that when they invented all this Valaquita with rice, no one laughed, drawing a trend, which is the price movement, lol

Oxana Tambur:
The most important thing is that when they invented all this Valaquita with rice, no one laughed, drawing a trend, which is the price movement, lol

Never drawing trend lines, that's nonsense!

A trend is a directional movement of price. You won't describe it with any lines!

Charts have two axes "X" and "Y" and drawing curves on them is the lot of amateurs!

There is a price level - the HORIZONTAL LINE!!!

All that triangle stuff, trend lines and other nonsense is just for beginners who have this useless knowledge stuffed into their heads, instead of just teaching them to understand the causes of trends and reversal principles!

Olexiy Polyakov:

Never drawing trend lines, that's nonsense!

A trend is a directional movement of price. You won't describe it with any lines!

Charts have two axes "X" and "Y" and drawing curves on them is the lot of amateurs!

There is a price level - the HORIZONTAL LINE!!!

All that triangles, trend lines and other nonsense is suitable for beginners who have such useless knowledge drilled into their heads, instead of just teaching them to understand the causes of trends and reversal principles!

He means a triangle made up of 3 currency pairs.

You are out of your depth.

Sarcasm is highly inapplicable in this case.

Right, OK!

I will answer the question of the topic as follows.

An incorrectly opened order will in any case return a loss - stop loss or physically/automatically closed.

That is, it doesn't matter how the loss lowered the balance - it's the same thing. The argument on this subject is superfluous.

There could be 2-3 pages of philosophy, but I think this will suffice.

Reason: