A little surprised :) Thought I'd share and ask a NOT rhetorical question. - page 12

Mischek:
I'm sorry, why ? Or who needs it ?

To stop the constant speculation about the speed performance of tester-optimisers.

Conduct open and repeatable testing and call it a day. Everything else is chatter.

Cut by the moderator

Urain:

What kind of crap? The ideology of universality of compiled files provided an opportunity to distribute secure closed code regardless of system bit rate. Which is very urgent now because there is still a large fleet of 32-bit machines but 64-bit ones are being implemented at a full speed.

And of course Net is slower than pure C++, but the optimisation the developers are working on reduces the difference by far.

A year ago, I was comparing the performance and MQL5 was 6 times slower, while now it is 2-3 times slower. The progress is evident.

So, do you need to sell programs? I told you that that is exactly what you want. So that users could run them. :) That's what I said. But what about selling software to fools? What else is there?

hrenfx: For neutrals (myself included) it would also be useful to familiarise themselves with it.
I don't really care... don't really care. :) But you don't have to insult me - that MT5 is cooler than C++, and I'm a fool who does not see it. :)

Academic:
So you need to sell software? I told you, that's all it's for. So that the users can play with it. :) That's what I said. Well, forget about selling software to "fools". What else is there?

But you don't have to pull the blanket over yourself. If I don't want it, it's shit.

You don't need what someone needs. If you don't have what you need, write it in C++ for your car and be quietly happy.

hrenfx:

Once again, I ask members of the thread not to reduce it to shit.

It has been one from the very first post. I am amazed that even the developers buy into this blatant trolling.

This is the troll king of the 5th forum :) you have to know the heroes by sight.

Academic:
But for me it's ... I don't really care. :) But you should not accuse me that MT5 is cooler than С++ and I'm an idiot who does not see it. :)

In terms of trading applications, MQL5 is cooler than C++.

And it's almost as fast as C++.

Remember that C++ is a system language and MQL5 is an application language.

TheXpert:

She is one from the very first post. I'm generally amazed that even the developers buy into this blatant trolling.

This is the troll king of the 5th forum :) you should know the heroes by sight.

80 level

TheXpert:

She is one from the very first post. I am amazed that even the developers buy into this blatant trolling.

He's the troll king of the 5th forum :) you should know the heroes by sight.

Urain:

Except you don't have to take it out on yourself. If I don't want it then it's shit.

You don't need what someone needs. If you don't have what you need, write it in C++ for your car and be quiet happy.

OK - I'm a troll - that's the end of it. :) As I see you don't understand why either, but you have a reason - "selling software to fools" - and I don't suffer from this crap.

:) In short, everyone is aware of the case but pretend that everything is fine. That's nice. But no problem. :) funny. :)

Academic:

Because the MT5 optimiser cannot really be used, in my opinion. Then why does it draw 3v charts at all? Can't I just copy three columns of numbers into Matlab? And get the same 3D by one click?

You would not be understood here. An MT optimizer is a linearly scaled MT tester. Obviously, an optimizer inherently shouldn't be like that. But if I were the developer, I wouldn't see any other way out. Well done to them for taking the cloud computing route. It really allows you to revive the right concept of the optimizer.

The best optimizer is your own. But there is no way I could implement competent cloud computing in my calculator.

hrenfx:

The best optimiser is your own. But there is no way I can implement cloud computing in my calculator.

Yes, you can't even manage the indicators :)
Reason: