A multitime tester? I think a lot of people could use it...

A sabot to the terminal?! There is quite a few systems with multiple screens, e.g. Elder's 3 screens, which many people are familiar with. Watching its work for months online or running it in 3 versions of the terminal and matching the correct TF is not nice...
So, what if we add an opportunity to run such systems on history in the Strategy Tester. The logic of creating and running such a tester on the existing base of MT4/5, imho, is not difficult, but what a result! You open a tester with three (two or even five) screens, each with its own set of indicators (patterns), and go learn the essence of the market, and if we use different currencies, it will even become a training platform for young Buffet traders. What do you think about it?

Sergey Efimenko:
A sabot to the terminal?! There is quite a few systems with multiple screens, e.g. Elder's 3 screens, which many people know. Watching its work for months online or running it in 3 versions of the terminal and matching the correct TF is not nice...
So, what if we add an opportunity to run such systems on history in the Strategy Tester. The logic of creating and running such a tester on the existing base of MT4/5, imho, is not difficult, but what a result! You open a tester with three (two or even five) screens, each with its own set of indicators (patterns), and go learn the essence of the market, and if we use different currencies, it will even become a training platform for young Buffet traders. What do you think about it?
Why do you want to do this? Do you want to know on what TF it is better to work? Make the TF variable! And optimization will show you the best one!

Sergey Efimenko:
A sabot to the terminal?! There is quite a few systems with multiple screens, e.g. Elder's 3 screens which many people know. Watching its work for months online or running it in 3 versions of the terminal and matching the correct TF is not nice...
You seem to be about 10 years behind the times.

Boris:
Why are you making such a big deal? Do you want to know what is the best TF to work with? Make the TF variable! And optimization will show on which one is better!
Sergey Chalyshev:
You seem to be about 10 years behind the times.

Have you heard of profitable manual trading, which by its very nature is difficult to fully automate, such as the so-called visual perception, which is difficult to put into formulas (to formalize)?
Or does everyone around the world make money solely with robots, but do they make money? Not by selling them, eh? :)

About "behind the times", clarify what exactly are we talking about?

Sergey Efimenko:

Have you heard about the profitable manual trading, which by its very nature is difficult to fully automate, such as the so-called visual perception, that is difficult to formalize with formulas?
Or does everyone around the world make money solely with robots, but do they make money? Not by selling them, eh? :)

What exactly are we talking about when we are "behind the times"?

I have heard it said by those who do not know how to trade, but only know how to teach others.

MT5 implemented everything for your needs long time ago. You may use it. You may have as many as ten screens. It may be not only multitime, but also multicurrency and multi-instrument.

Sergey Chalyshev:

I've heard it said by those who don't know how to trade, but only know how to teach others.

MT5 has already implemented everything for your needs. Take it and use it. You may have as many as ten screens. Not only a multitime frame, but also a multicurrency one and a multinstrumental one.

Well, then using the example of three screens of Elder, show or at least tell me how to run it in the tester of MT5.

And, digressing from your lunge about education, I have never taught anyone how to trade :) Not all computer science teachers are good at programming, but they teach me :)

Sergey Efimenko:

OK, then show or at least tell me how to run this in the MT5 tester using the three Elder screens as an example.

And, digressing from your lunge about teaching, I have never taught anyone how to trade :) Not all computer science teachers are good at programming, but they teach me :)

You write a robot and take data from the desired timeframes.

Sergey Efimenko:
A sabot to the terminal?! There is quite a few systems with multiple screens, e.g. Elder's 3 screens, which many people are familiar with. Watching its work for months online or running it in 3 versions of the terminal and matching the correct TF is not nice...
There is no point. In a larger timeframe there is no new information relatively to the smaller one. In fact there is even less information there. Use normal algorithms that exploit very specific patterns and you won't need to do multi timeframe testing.

Alexey Oreshkin:
You write a robot and take data from the desired timeframes.
Are we talking about a robot? Have you read the posts? Not everything can be formalized or else everyone around would only be making money. Although someone has to lose anyway.
Maxim Romanov:
There is no sense, there is no new information in larger timeframe. More precisely, there's even less information there. Use normal algorithms that exploit quite certain regularities and there will be no need in multi-timeframe testing.
As many people as there are opinions. On large TFs we can see a stronger directionality, an older trend, stronger P/S levels.

Sergey Efimenko:
Are we talking about a robot? Have you read the messages? Not everything can be formalised or else everyone around here would only be making money. Although someone has to lose anyway. As many people as there are opinions. On large TFs we can see a stronger trend, an older trend, stronger P/S levels.
All to the point. I myself am a supporter of scalping, but I always analyze all TFs, from M1 to D1, when I need to make a quick profit without any expressions.
I have not yet taught my robot to do that, but I'm getting there.)

Sergey Efimenko:
Are we talking about a robot? Have you read the messages? Not everything can be formalised or else everyone around here would only be making money. Although someone has to lose anyway. As many people as there are opinions. On large TFs we can see a stronger trend, an older trend, stronger P/S levels.
We have read it. But you probably have not even read your own messages. The question was asked about the multitimeframe tester. So, the tester in MT4 and MT5 was originally multitemporal. That's all. This thread may be closed.
Reason: