When is the new version of MT5 and where do you find out what's expected in it? - page 23

If I don't like something, I have to talk about it.

Thanks for the answers)

I know about the clud - it's one of the most powerful pluses in MT5 - external resource optimization, no analogue as far as I know - that's a big plus - good for them) - I used it in the beginning, when there were only about 100 agents, even connected my 2 or 4 cores with VPS.

But about that you did not answer:

"And another thing, in order not to load brokers' servers with tick data, they may separately write them somewhere, on a separate server, so that everyone could download this same tick data and then run bots offline, by feeding this tick data to mt5 and there will not be any load with simultaneous online "downloading" of tick data by many users. Or am I misunderstanding something?"

Why I ask. Suppose my broker has updated to the latest version, but it doesn't have quotes archive, but I have it with collected tick history of my broker, I wonder if I can put it there or not? If I don't, I will have to wait for the time until my broker will save this tick history and it will be provided to me through MT5, without any tucking.

"No competitor has even come close to this level of automation" - I'm aware of that too)

Here's the Cloud Network for real ticks already working. This is just great.

Thanks to the developers !

I wonder why the ex5 file from version 1301 does not install on older versions of MT5. Is it because of the beta version ?

2016.04.16 00:15:01.241 Experts loading of xxxxxxxx (GBPUSD.m,M5) failed

2016.04.16 00:15:01.241 Experts expert xxxxxxxxxx (GBPUSD.m,M5) removed

marker:

But you didn't answer about it:

"And another thing, in order not to load brokers' servers with tick data, they can write them separately to a separate server, so everyone can download this tick data and then run bots offline, by feeding this tick data to mt5 and there will not be any load at simultaneous online "downloading" of tick data by many users. Or am I misunderstanding something?"

Why I ask. Suppose my broker has updated to the latest version, but it doesn't have quotes archive, but I have it with collected tick history of my broker, I wonder if I can put it there or not? If no, then I have to wait for some time until my broker will save this same tick history and it will be provided to me through MT5, without any tucking.

The ticks accumulation function is ineffective in all MT5 servers from the beginning of the platform. Now these ticks are available for traders.

Our task is to think further and more than the consumers (brokers or traders). That's why we make systems where maximum things are automated and available automatically or in one click.

We need to deliver solutions to millions of traders in such a way that they don't think it could be different. So that they will laugh at stories about 2000s, millimetrics instead of charting, importing data, etc.

In terms of satisfying the widest possible user audience, it is more efficient for us to concentrate on enabling brokers to easily maintain/import/synchronise deep history instead of giving a couple of hundred traders the antiquated crutches. After next week's release we will concentrate on addressing this issue - methods of solutions are already in place.

In addition, this summer we will implement open datafeeds and custom symbols, which will allow any data to be analyzed. Well, plus a number of other interesting things.

The world has become ten times larger and its behavior is controlled not by geeks and technicians but by the masses of consumers who do not consider it necessary to spend resources on training. Even within our forum you can see this. Instead of reading enough lucid articles in the platform sections, the traders turn on the banal erudition mode at 1000% and try to guess, which leads to sad conclusions like "I have a horse myself, but you say that your car has 100 horses. You're not going to make that much hay!".

To be successful and fit the bill, you have to hide the complexity and keep things simple. That is, you need to develop scalable cluster platforms, implement storage correctly, spread it out properly across access/proxy servers around the world, achieve accurate data synchronisation and no brakes for the core trading function. And all this so that any trader can get everything quickly and automatically.

And we did it. The time came, everyone's opportunities grew, and ticks became the new normal.

As a result, Metatrader 5 moved up a few more notches above the four.

marker:

But you didn't answer about it:

"And another thing, in order not to load brokers' servers with tick data, they can write them separately to a separate server, so everyone can download this tick data and then run bots offline, by feeding this tick data to mt5 and there will not be any load at simultaneous online "downloading" of tick data by many users. Or am I misunderstanding something?"

Why I ask. Suppose my broker has updated to the latest version, but it doesn't have quotes archive, but I have it with collected tick history of my broker, I wonder if I can put it there or not? If not, I have to wait for some time until the broker will save this very tick history and it will be provided to me through mt5, without any tucking.

You should first find a broker who will put 6-7 mults on the server specifically so that someone could download the ticks for his pseudo grail and play with it, or do you think that servers cost three kopecks?

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Here's the Cloud Network for real ticks already working. This is just great.

Thanks to the developers !

I wonder why the ex5 file from version 1301 does not install on older versions of MT5. Is it because of the beta version ?

2016.04.16 00:15:01.241 Experts loading of xxxxxxxx (GBPUSD.m,M5) failed

2016.04.16 00:15:01.241 Experts expert xxxxxxxxxx (GBPUSD.m,M5) removed

As the compiler has seriously grown in features and optimization methods, it failed to maintain top-down compatibility. Bottom up compatibility is of course preserved - all old versions of ex5 work on new versions.

In a couple of hours most of the cloud agents have been updated and can now be fully tested. Only at first the synchronisation will be slow, as not only do you need to feed the cloud servers with tick data, but also upload hundreds of megabytes to each of the agents.

Vladimir Pastushak:
You should first find a broker who will spend 6-7 mults on servers so that somebody could download ticks for his pseudo grail and play around with it, or do you think that servers cost three kopecks?

Fortunately, both hardware and networking have become cheaper at the moment. More cpu, more memory, more ssd disks and more networking for the same money. For example for large projects, http://www.servers.com is very cost effective.

Our estimation: maximum load will be on bandwidth, some brokers will need to expand it and put additional access servers closer to traders.

Servers.com | Bare metal servers and 100% SSD Cloud Servers with up to 40Gbps global redundant network!
Servers.com | Bare metal servers and 100% SSD Cloud Servers with up to 40Gbps global redundant network!
  • www.servers.com
We are here to offer datacenters on 3 continents, a global private network, latest generation baremetal servers and super-fast SSD cloud solutions.

Do the developers have any plans to install their own font along with the terminal? The Wingdings character set is too limited and in no way trade-specific. It will not take many man-hours, and the local community can help with a list of icons

Vladimir Pastushak:
First, find a broker who will throw 6-7 mults on the server for someone to download tics from it for their own pseudo grail and play around, or do you think that servers cost three kopecks?

Just a couple of weeks ago we discussed it with Rannev, I calculated how much space we need for storing tick data (I counted at least 10 major pairs, I don't need hundreds, let alone thousands of instruments). It is not a question of millions, the tick history from Dukas for a year on eurobucks weighs 100 meg (+-), for 5 years - 500 meg, 10 instruments for 5 years 5 gigs, let's multiply by 10, 50 gigs - it is about storage. A normal server (at least one that is installed in banks) today is worth about 300-500 thousand rubles, if it is certainly suitable for these purposes. If they don't, I don't think the special servers for mt5 are that much more expensive. I will give you some specific figures. Not your unfounded 6-7 million.

Second - "for your own pseudo grail and indulge"- well, if you have such an attitude to all coders and everyone who is interested in algotrading - well, this is just your position.

Well, you have already answered Renat same about the servers. There is no problem at all.

Renat - "We need to deliver solutions to millions of traders so that they do not think it could be different" - I see your point, to reach the widest audience to meet their needs, with the simplest possible functionality - press a button and everything goes, no import of left-handed and left-handed software - I understand, business)

There are always resource issues, but it's all a bit cheaper now. In reality, if you do it right, it's more expensive. Buying bulk server SSD drives, providing fault tolerance, implementing latency reduction around the world is not going anywhere.

I have already written about the "me and 10 characters" reasoning. It's a naive approach. Read about the exponential growth of data, the number of consumers, geography and the requirement for consistent delivery in any mode.

Give 500 mb of traffic to a trader in Indonesia and enjoy the curses directed at you.

Reason: