Impulse - page 37

Karputov Vladimir:
The indicator collects all the ticks. It is only in an EA that a bunch of ticks can come in at one time.
So the price has jumped that much. If that is the impulse you were looking for, then it is found. That is, in one tick. But still the time between ticks should be taken into account.

new-rena:
So that's how the price jumped so hard. If that's the kind of momentum you were looking for, it's found. That is, in one tick. But still, the time between the ticks must be taken into account.
Maybe you mean "... the average time between several ticks..."?

Karputov Vladimir:
Perhaps you meant to say "... the average time between several ticks..."?
Yes, that's exactly right. That could give rise to synthetic tics. Ah, maybe they won't. Haven't tried it, but I get your idea now.

Reading the thread and laughing to myself. You guys are funny, you don't understand the main point, namely the cause and effect relationship between tick speed and price range. Big, directional moves almost always occur at times of volatility or high tick rates. If 60 ticks occur in a minute (1 tick per second), price with 68.8% probability will fall within +/- 7.7 points of its initial price, if 300 ticks occur in a minute, this potential movement will be within 17 points. That is, as the tick rate increases, visible trends occur, which you notice on the chart. Just for the sake of interest, look at the total amount of ticks at the moments of a strong movement and a so-called flat - in the first case there will be more ticks, in the second one - less. Thus, you are putting the cart before the horse and playing Captain Hindsight: the speed of the tick flow determines the volatility, but not the direction of price movement, it seems to you that there is a trend, because the speed of the tick flow has increased.

Vasiliy Sokolov:
Reading the thread and laughing to myself. You guys are funny, you don't understand the main point, namely the cause and effect relationship between tick speed and price range. Big, directional moves almost always occur at times of volatility or high tick rates. If 60 ticks occur in a minute (1 tick per second), price with 68.8% probability will fall within +/- 7.7 points of its initial price, if 300 ticks occur in a minute, this potential movement will be within 17 points. That is, as the tick rate increases, visible trends occur, which you notice on the chart. Just for the sake of interest, look at the total amount of ticks at the moments of a strong movement and a so-called flat - in the first case there will be more ticks, in the second one - less. So you put the cart before the horse and play Captain Hindsight: the speed of tick-flow determines volatility, but not the direction of the price movement; it seems to you that the trend is going on, because the speed of tick-flow has increased.
This is an interesting idea. I'll call this new parameter "tick flow density" and look at the relationship to the range of price movement (mine is "accretion").

Naturally, with a high tick density there will be more frequent spikes with a high tick rate (what you have in the red histogram). In other words, you are measuring that price is moving by what price is moving, which leads to a vicious circle and does not answer the main question: where will price go.

Previous Charts

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Impulse

Karputov Vladimir, 2015.08.06 20:12

There was such a nice picture today on the symbol "GBPUSD":

GBPUSD

and here's what it looked like in the tick chart:

GBPUSD tick chart

And here's how the tick arrival rate changed (tick chart between 06.08.2015 13:54:01 to 06.08.2015 14:04:59):

Speed of ticks coming in

And one new one with tick density and volatility:

Tick Flow Density and Volatility

Vasiliy Sokolov:
Naturally, at high tick densities, there will be more frequent spikes with a high tick rate (what you have in your red histogram). In other words, you are measuring that price is moving by what price is moving, which leads to a vicious circle and does not answer the main question: where will price go.

Perhaps we should look at the number of buy and sell contracts. I will try to work with the symbol properties:

Symbol properties

SessionDeals

Gets number of deals of the current session

SessionBuyOrders

Gets the total number of buy orders at the moment

SessionSellOrders

Gets the current total number of Sell orders

SessionTurnover

Gets the total amount of turnover at the current session

SessionInterest

Gets total volume of open positions

SessionBuyOrdersVolume

Gets the total volume of buy orders at the moment

SessionSellOrdersVolume

Gets the current volume of Sell orders

SessionOpen

Gets the opening price of the current session

SessionClose

Gets the closing price of the current session

SessionAW

Gets current session weighted average price

SessionPriceSettlement

Gets the settlement price of the current session

SessionPriceLimitMin

Gets the minimal price of the current session

SessionPriceLimitMax

Gets the maximum price of the current session

It's a pity you didn't put a point on it. It's difficult to write code, but you can do it. And the result is ahi so interesting.

new-rena:
It's a pity you didn't put a point on it. It's difficult to write code, but you can do it. And the result is ahi so interesting.
I am now looking at the density of the quote flow. How the flux density changes before or during an impulse.
Reason: