Market theory - page 4

khorosh:

Where is C2 in the first graph?

1. Price1 is the first break-even point;

2. C2 is the second break-even point;

It must be a level, not a point, if you are drawing the horizon.

1. the Cp1 and Cpr have merged into a single line there, because the scale of the graph does not allow you to see the difference.

2. You are right, you could also say level or rather should say level, thanks for the comment.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

1. there C1 and Cpr have merged into a single line, as their difference is impossible to see the scale of the graph.

2. You're right, you could also say level or rather you should say level, thank you for the observation.

I'm all for any new, even crazy ideas, so I'm always ready to support the innovators).

An anecdote from Physicists Joking - Stage 1 - Well, that's heresy!

Stage 2 - "There's something in it..." Stage 3 - "Well, who doesn't know that!"

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

2. I have to go back to the basics of trading: volume = income / realisation price, if you are so interested in volume, I do not need it.

And where do they teach such "basics"?

You didn't say anything about Kashi, you didn't give a link, can you tell me where you get this nonsense from?

And the discriminant is the difference between the squares of the market price and the optimal price.

And this scientific phrase of yours is fascinating.... With the market price it seems clear (although God only knows what exactly you under this term can understand), and here's what the best price, I think even God does not know, but you seem to know it and even know how to calculate it :-) ? Could you tell the forum participants what the "optimal price" is or will you just keep quiet again?

George Merts:

But, again - it is not clear how you get these costs without knowing the volume of purchases.

I don't think you need to try to understand yet. The first stage is underway. Just throwing around pretty words, terms - scientific stuff in general...

Prival-2:

... Enlighten the forum members on what the "optimal price" is, or are you going to shut up again?

I understand: you came to the market to sell a bucket of potatoes and you don't know what price to sell them at. If the price is too high, no one will buy it, so you won't make a profit. If the price is too low, you won't even recoup your expenses, and you won't make a profit. So there is a price that is optimal for the demand, so you are guaranteed to sell and make a profit. But how to calculate this price correctly needs to be proven somehow.

Alexander Laur:

1. theory is created to understand the processes occurring in the object under study.

2. Understanding is needed to predict the behaviour of the object under study in the future, i.e. predicting behaviour.

Why formulas, why spatial reasoning? Show in practice that your theory is able to predict the future price behavior with a probability of more than 50%. And when your prediction will be confirmed in practice, then we can move on to a discussion of formulas and rules. :)

You are not quite right. For example, theoretical physicists develop their theories and do not think about whether it will ever be used in practice or not. Because it is sometimes difficult to foresee in advance. In1933, in his letterto the British Association, E. Rutherford stated, "...these transformations of atoms are of exceptional interest to scientists, but we cannot control nuclear energy to such an extent that it has any commercial value. And I think it is unlikely that we will ever be able to do that. Our interest in this problem is purely scientific."

Nevertheless, any valid and proven theory moves science forward.

khorosh:
You're not quite right. For example, theoretical physicists develop their theories and do not think about whether it will ever be used in practice or not. Because it is sometimes difficult to foresee in advance. Nevertheless, any well-founded and proven theory moves science forward.

The point is that physicists-theorists are very well versed in their field of knowledge, and at least they do not allow substitution of concepts. And if they introduce a new concept, they work on it for a long time and prove it.

For instance, have you seen at least one proof or justification here of why this is the way it is and not the other way around? And there's a word for new scientific concepts here at ..... There are nothing but revelations :-)

Can you draw at least one diagram given here by the author?

If you can't, it's just an inscription on the fence, they write a lot of stuff there and it has nothing to do with science or theory...

khorosh:
So I see: you come to the market to sell a bucket of potatoes and you do not know at what price to sell. If you set the price too high, no one will buy them, which means you won't make a profit. If the price is too low, you don't even cover the expenses, so you don't make any profit. So there is an optimal price at which there is demand, which means you are guaranteed to sell and make a profit.. But how to calculate that price correctly is something you have to prove.

This is called the bid price = the price at which I can sell, but whether or not I make a profit has nothing to do with this price. + there is a concept of market liquidity, at this price I might be able to sell a bucket (if I get it first), but 100 tonnes is unlikely to sell at this price ... and that's clear to anyone who trades in the market, even green newbies.

And here it is claimed that the volume is not important, like you do not care about them ... For me it's not interesting when someone doesn't understand how pricing occurs in the market (exchange), but he puts forward grand theories and writes beautiful words ...

So the question remains. I forgot to add one word - what is the optimal price? we're talking about the market, not just euro/dollar, for example gold, oil, yuan, ruble .... everything in one pile.

Prival-2:

This is called the bid price = the price at which I can sell, but whether or not I make a profit has nothing to do with this price. + there is also the concept of market liquidity, at this price I may be able to sell one bucket (if I catch the price first), but 100 tonnes is unlikely to sell at this price ... and that's clear to anyone who trades in the market, even green newbies.

And here it is claimed that the volume is not important, like you do not care about them ... For me it's not interesting when someone doesn't understand how pricing occurs in the market (exchange), but he puts forward grand theories and writes beautiful words ...

So the question remains. I forgot to add one word - what is the optimal price? we're talking about the market, not just euro/dollar, for example gold, oil, yuan, ruble .... all in one pile.

I agree, it is impossible to do without taking volume into account. Obviously, the bid price is different for different volumes. For higher volumes, the trade uses a wholesale price, which is usually much lower than the retail price.

A couple more hours of hard work and common knowledge such as the Demand Curve, the Supply Curve, the Law of Supply and Demand and the Equilibrium Price will be rediscovered..........
Reason: