a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 104

2 Rosh
For practical purposes, the best book on calculus is "The course of differential and integral calculus" by Fichtenholz in 3 volumes.
Simple, detailed, thorough, with lots of solved examples from physics and mechanics. But it's probably not easy to find. It was published a long time ago.

2 grasn
Regarding channel kinetic energy, I don't know how to count it for forex and whether it makes any sense for it. The domain and nature of this energy is quite different from forex, but that's my understanding. <br / translate="no"> Look, maybe we should come up with our own kind of energy?

Kinetic energy makes sense for Forex. Movement by inertia, the last wave, when outsiders rush into battle, after which a pullback begins - these are manifestations of this inertia. However, energy is not conserved in forex as it is an open system. Kinetic energy dissipates rapidly due to dissipation. So applying the law of conservation of energy does not seem to me to be appropriate. But models with dissipation, maybe.

You can't come up with a new kind of energy. The kinetic energy is the system's own energy, the potential energy is the energy of interaction with other systems. What can be invented that is neither one nor the other ?

2 Rosh
For practical purposes the best book on matanalysis is "A Course in Differential and Integral Calculus" by Fichtenholz in 3 volumes.
Simple, detailed, thorough, with lots of solved examples from physics and mechanics. But it's probably not easy to find. It was published a long time ago.

Strangely, I don't remember the author of the textbook (but not Fikhtenholz), but I remember the problem book by Demidovich. Moreover, it is still being republished (I saw it in a shop recently, when I wanted to buy something on mathematics).

2 Jhonny
What I don't understand in your post is how the characteristics of the model and the real properties of the market are connected? I.e. I understood that when Vladislav made his statement he constructed проводя аналогию between the work of the field and the earnings (I don't see any prohibition in principle) thus he defined the field property such as if the price moves in one direction and the work is positive and if it goes in other direction the work will be negative ( :) a childish explanation why the integral is 0). So if we don't draw this analogy, unfortunately I don't see what else we can cling to in order to establish that the field is potential. Of course we can suppose that there is some potential function and then some work on closed loop equals 0, but it is difficult to understand what this work and potential are, and how they can be used.

You are absolutely right in your understanding. We are making exactly an analogy, not an identification.
To identify is to say A=c*(x2 - x1), where A is the work and x1 and x2 are the initial and final price value.
And the analogy looks like A=c*(y(x2) - y(x1)), where y(x) is some function of price. Do you feel the difference?
In fact, the work here is not a function of price, but a function.

You don't really know what work is for forex. That's why I think it's wrong to mechanically transfer this concept from physics, and even more so to identify work with earnings. Vladislav made this analogy to illustrate, so that you can use a simple image (not an example!) to understand the meaning of potentiality.

Strangely, I don't remember the author of the textbook (but not Fichtenholz), but I remember Demidovich's problem book. Moreover, it is still being republished (I saw it in a shop recently, when I wanted to buy something on mathematics).

The author of the mathanalysis textbook depends on where you studied and when. There are a lot of them published. Kudryavtsev perhaps? Or Ilyin and Pozdnyak?
And Fichtenholz was published before the high level of mathematical abstraction was in fashion.

Странно, автора учебника не помюню (но не Фихтенгольц), а задачник Демидовича помню. Причем, он и сейчас переиздается (недавно видел в магазине, когда хотел купить что-нибудь по математике).

The author of a maths textbook depends on where you studied and when. There are many of them published. Kudryavtsev perhaps? Or Ilyin and Pozdnyak?
And Fichtenholz was published before the high level of mathematical abstraction was in vogue.

Yo-o-o-o!!! I remember Kudryavtsev and Ilyin-Pozdnyak ! Just can't remember hu of hu (who wrote what). Thanks ! :)
I also remember using a very old textbook to derive the deflection boom formula ( Vladislav mentioned it), it wasn't in the modern ones. I had to use Taylor series expansion and neglect small third order factors, but I can't figure out how to apply it to the problem :( .
I've forgotten everything...

I forgot everything...

How old are you, Grandpa? :-)

It's not hard to screw it up. The quadratic form is a Taylor series expansion up to 2nd order. 3rd and beyond is neglected.
To evaluate the accuracy of the expansion we have the corresponding evaluation criteria. Vladislav mentioned them too.

<br/ translate="no"> Yurixx:
Kinetic energy makes sense for forex. Movement by inertia, the last wave, when outsiders rush into the fray, after which the pullback begins, are manifestations of this inertia. However, energy is not conserved in forex as it is an open system. Kinetic energy dissipates rapidly due to dissipation. So applying the law of conservation of energy does not seem to me to be appropriate. But models with dissipation, maybe.

You can't come up with a new kind of energy. The kinetic energy is the system's own energy, the potential energy is the energy of interaction with other systems. What can be invented that is neither one nor the other ?

It's hard for me to argue here, as I'm not a professional physicist, but there seem to be quite a few energies:
-Kinetic energy
-Potential energy
-Internal energy
-Coupling energy (that's for chemists)
- Resting energy
-and so on, if you remember quantum field theory, electricity, relativity theory and the like.

But to my mind, the formulation and definition of kinetic energy does not correspond in any way to the manifestation of price in forex. Here, what do we take as mass and velocity, and to what extent does that explain the graph, what analogues do we define? And is speed in mechanics "similar" to the speed of price? And are there moments when the market moves by inertia? To understand that there are no such moments, we must simply recall the definition of inertia ("A free body, on which no force from other bodies acts, is at rest or in uniform rectilinear motion. In other words, bodies have inertia")

In other words, I am against "mechanical" approaches. And yet there is also electricity, magnetism and many other things, and we choose mechanical approaches? Is it because people playing Forex are like "bodies" from the laws of mechanics? :о)))

But as for the new type of energy, maybe we won't invent it, but all of these energies have been invented, and each was created for its specific purpose and appeared as a result of the need to explain something. Although I completely agree that it is very difficult or even impossible to come up with something on this scale. But if you do, you can immediately get in line for a Schnobeel Prize. :О))))

PS And "Course of differential and integral calculus" by Fichtenholz in 3 volumes, is it available somewhere in electronic form? If so, please send me a link. Thanks in advance. :о)

I have a need to put everything in a separate library and thus make the main code lighter.
So far I haven't used it, so I have some questions.
As far as I understand, I should make a file (like mylib.mq4) with all procedures and functions source code and put it into libraries folder.
Also, generate a file (such as mylib.mqh) with descriptions (ie, headers) of all these procedures and functions and stick it in the include folder.
And then insert #include <mylib.mqh> directive instead of all this in the code. I did not mix up anything ?

Here I have a need to put all the service stuff into a separate library and thus make the main code lighter. <br / translate="no"> I haven't used it until now, so I have some questions.
As far as I understand, I should make a file (like mylib.mq4) with all procedures and functions source code and place it in libraries folder.
Also, generate a file (such as mylib.mqh) with descriptions (ie, headers) of all these procedures and functions and stick it in the include folder.
And then insert #include <mylib.mqh> directive instead of all this in the code. I did not mix up anything ?

In the library itself do not forget to specify:
#property library

It seems that early versions of MT did not do this automatically. I don't know what version you have. I do not use header files. I just declare the functions to be called in the code.

As for a new type of energy, we may not invent it, but all the above energies were invented, and each of them was created for its own subject area and appeared as a result of the need to explain something.

Any of the energies you listed is either the system's own energy, or the energy of its interaction with other systems. I said "not invent" precisely in the sense that the two categories are broad enough to accommodate everything. And to come up with any particular kind of manifestation of one of these two categories is of course.

There is inertia in forex. Otherwise the price would react instantly. And the measure of this inertia is related to the limited speed of information spreading in the market. The reaction to an event ends when the information about it reaches the dumbest and most sleepy trader. :-) Of course, this inertia differs "slightly" from mass inertia, but until other events interrupt the information that comes in and until the dissipation of energy communicated by some event occurs, the market will move in a certain direction. This is called a trend. :-)

Is Fichtenholz's "Course of Differential and Integral Calculus" in 3 volumes available anywhere in electronic form? If so, please send me the link.

I don't know and haven't even looked for it as I have it on hard copy at home. :)
Try searching by last name.
Reason: