a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 102

2 grasn
Yes, the potential energy graph is somehow suspiciously precisely correlated with the price graph. That is, it contains no new information. As for the channel sampling scheme, it shows that you are going to make a full-fledged indicator, I have the same one, in fact :).

I'm surprised again (although I'm getting used to it), it turns out that solandr built Vladislav's indicator into the Expert Advisor code in vain.

Rosh, I'm just an amateur programmer, who just like everyone else, needs the money to implement simple plans in life, which in the current economic situation in Russia is simply unrealizable. Frankly speaking I don't know of any other non-criminal ways to make a living at a time when the flat costs a few times as much per month as the average salary in Russia and no major cataclysms are occurring in our country! That is, the meaninglessness of the work of a person with a salary, even several times higher than the average Russian salary, is simply obvious under the current economic situation. So, it's only this Russian desperation that makes me deal with Forex, and not my dreams of becoming a millionaire. In fact, there are many activities in the world, which are much more interesting and noble than speculating on Forex - getting money out of thin air without producing any material goods or providing services. That's why I don't at all consider my expert of just over 7K already to be a model of programming. You have HIGHLY more programming experience in this regard than I do. Well, as they say anyway, I do not have another Expert Advisor, we work with what we have. I've got some confidence in its performance, judging by deals you've made in real time. If you do not know how it will really turn out we'll see in the future.

PS: The only thing that can change the current situation on the housing market in Russia is a pullback in oil prices to the $20/bbl border, which seems very unlikely as long as the Americans keep the tension in the oil producing region of the world. This would send a very strong signal to real estate speculators to lock in profits. As a result housing prices will have to roll back well probably according to Fibo by about 38% :o))). All other attempts to stabilize the housing market by the government will only lead to steepening of prices which is economically justified by high oil prices and high prices for other material values like gold etc.. In general it seems to me that a high price of oil is not particularly good for Russia, at least I as a part of the population do not feel it :o(. Being a student and having no money before buying a flat, I lacked an amount SEVERAL TIMES less than working for a few years and getting a good salary! A Russian paradox! o(((((

2 Yurixx

It follows that you can represent the potential by ANY scalar function and this field will be potential.

:) I began to suspect that I'm speaking Tatar, as I didn't understand your translation into Russian very well:)))
What I don't understand from your post is how model's characteristics and real market properties are related? I.e. I understood that when Vladislav made his statement he made an analogy between field work and earnings (I see no prohibition in principle), thus he defined the field property as if the price moves in one direction and the work is positive and if it goes in other direction the work will be negative (childish explanation of why the integral is 0). So if we don't draw this analogy, unfortunately I don't see what else we can cling to in order to assert that the field is potential. Of course we can assume that there is some potential function and then some work on closed loop equals 0, but it is difficult to understand what this work and potential are, and how they can be used.

I think I just missed something by citing the previous reasoning.

Я опять удивлен(хотя уже привыкаю), получается что solandr зря встраивал индикатор Vladislav'a в код советника.

Rosh, I'm just an amateur programmer who, like everyone else, needs money to implement simple plans in life, which, given the current economic situation in Russia, are simply unrealizable.

solandr, it's not that I wanted to offend anyone, it's just that I really don't understand some things :)
I made a special check of the number of lines in inluder (1237) and channel indicator (366). Total amount of source code is about 60k, the ex4 file is 54 k. At the same time the indicator counts all I have managed to put into it (array of 16 parameters for each channel). I haven't got anywhere yet (I'm just running through some ideas in my head), while you are far ahead of me in programming, maths and physics. That's what amuses me :) It's true you have one advantage over me - you seem to be more ambitious than me.

2 Rosh
Congratulations. People can't figure out how to test EAs (like Mak's Chart Expert Advisor) running on channels (like Shi_Channell) but you have solved the problem. However, Shi_Channell already has this indicator buffer :)

I am certainly glad to receive congratulations, but I don't understood what you congratulated me with :). I didn't really solve the problem. I tried to attach it to my EA, but it wouldn't draw anything, then I connected it with global variables and it worked, but then I wanted to do it properly. I said, it's interesting, that EA may draw only objects, because my Murray indicator has a buffer and when it is called through iCustom, only objects appear, but there is no separate window. I had not wanted to output it on a chart, I simply filled one of the arrays with data from a buffer received via iCustom and it drew levels!

You do have one advantage over me - you seem to be more ambitious than me.

Indeed, the purposefulness, bordering on fanaticism ;o), is probably the main thing that helps me to achieve my goals in life. Without it, it would have been completely different. I even know exactly how.

But I have not moved on yet (I'm just running through some ideas in my head), while you have no advantage over me in programming or in mathematics or physics and are way ahead.

You lack one thing, like me a normal strategy of position management, I've made an EA about 3 weeks ago, or because of the hurry or something else except plum nothing has appeared. The conclusion was that either I find the wrong channels, or my entry, exit and management strategy is not correct, which I will do later. As for the workability of the idea, my faith is still unshaken :).

<br / translate="no"> It's certainly a pleasure to accept congratulations, but unfortunately I don't understand what you congratulated me on :). It's not like I was solving a problem. I tried to attach it to my EA, but it wouldn't draw anything, then I connected it with global variables and it worked, but then I wanted to do it properly. I said, interesting, because my indicator has a buffer and when it is called through iCustom only objects appear, but there is no separate window. I didn't want to output it on a chart, I simply filled one of the arrays with data from the buffer received via iCustom, and it drew levels!

The thing is that MM indicators, which draw objects and don't have buffers, cannot be touched from the EA in the backtest. Until there is no call of this indicator (then the calculation will be done). We make calls through iCustom(...., index_buffer, offset). And once the calculation is done, all other actions (drawing/modifying graphical objects) are done. That's why I congratulated you.

2 Candid

Yes, the potential energy graph is somehow suspiciously precisely correlated with the price graph. That is, it does not contain any new information. As for the channel sampling scheme, it shows that you are going to make a full-fledged indicator, I have the same one, in fact :).

Doesn't exactly match the price, but indeed some correlation is observed. As I wrote, this is the very first option. There is probably a mistake. Naturally, I continue my research. :о)))

2 Candid

Да, график потенциальной энергии как-то подозрительно точно коррелирует с графиком цены. То есть не содержит новой информации. Что касается схемы выборки каналов, то по ней видно, что Вы собираетесь делать полноценный индикатор, у меня такая же, в сущности :).

Doesn't exactly match the price, but there does seem to be some correlation. As I wrote, this is the very first option. There is probably a mistake. Naturally, I continue my research. :о)))

I think you are considering something similar to this:
http://forexsystems.ru/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=622&highlight=tsi
http://forexsystems.ru/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=649&highlight=tsi

The second option contains successive differentiation and integration of series.
Reason: