a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 49

Dayparts and 4-hour timings are not suitable because of time invariance

Rosh, I don't quite understand what you mean by time invariance. Explain, if you can. I think that the criterion for breaking one channel and starting to build another must be a break in the current channel.

If we take any channel, the price in it moves from one edge to the other. That is what constitutes the ZigZag described by solandr. A normal trend is realized by 3 waves ascending or descending. A strong trend can have both 4 and 5 waves. Then a reversal occurs and the channel changes direction. If it was up, it will become down. However, if the general direction is up (i.e., the direction of the older channel), it is clear that the number of counter-trend waves will be less than the number of trend waves. So, that is the entire Elliott Theory.

So, if we have a criterion to estimate the trend strength, we can rather reliably suppose after which wave a channel breakout will come. I think the reversal zones by Vladislav as well as support/resistance levels by Murray, for example, are also very powerful tools for such estimation. It is clear that when a breakthrough has occurred a new channel should start from the top of the last wave. I think it is a quite algorithmic approach.

It is also good because we can do without support/resistance lines. The role of those lines, in absence of trend is played by upper and lower rails of the LR channel that in this case passes horizontally. Besides, in my opinion LR is a quite sufficient approximation. In fact, even if the price starts to move up along the parabola, it only shows the strength of the trend. For someone who is in the right position at the time, a break of the upper rail (in an up-trend) does not change the situation, while a break of the lower rail changes the trend direction to the opposite.

I also agree with Yurikh, in the sense that the approximation by a parabola is useless, just in my opinion Vladislav, using some found quadratic function determines the potential energy in the channel, and thus selects channels with minimal energy (since any system tends to the state with minimal energy and this channel will be the most stable and give the best forecast in the future).

дневки и 4-х часвоки не подходят из соображений инвариантности времени

Rosh, I'm not quite sure what you mean by time invariance. Explain, if you can.

The abstruse phrase meant only that our channels should not depend on the timezone in which the broker works. If my quotes are GMT+2 hours and in another brokerage company they are GMT+1 hour, then using the time-frames of 1 hour and below will remove this ambiguity. :)

Dear Alex Niroba, I don't want to insult you in any way, but as a third party I will say that I take Yurich's posts much more seriously than yours. And I would be very grateful to you if you would not litter the thread with remarks about other people, you'd better say something on the substance of the issue.

I'm not judging, but it seems to me that the discussion is going a little off track:)))

I also agree with Yurixx in the sense that the approximation by a parabola is useless, just in my opinion Vladislav, using somehow found quadratic function determines what is the potential energy in the channel, and thus selects channels with minimum energy (since any system aims to the state with minimum energy and this channel will be the most stable and give the best forecast in the future).

In theory, the total energy F(y,x) will be the functional, where y(x) is a quadratic function. mha+(mv^2)/2=const

Can you insert a colour picture in JPEG format?
and if so, how it can be done.

Ideally so, and the functional would be total energy F(y,x) , where y(x) is a quadratic function. mha+(mv^2)/2=const

All true, but the issue is that we don't know and I don't think we can know (since there isn't even a model) the total energy of the system. So we have to restrict ourselves to potential energy only. In this case there are only two variables p - price, and t - time. The potential energy F(p,t) is a surface over the plane of variables (p,t). This surface can best be approximated by a quadratic form (if we are talking about the area close to the true price trajectory). Prejection of the minimum line of this surface to the (p,t) plane gives a true trajectory. It follows from all this that the function F(p,t) must not have any derivatives (i.e. velocities). The condition F(p,t)=const is also generally speaking incorrect. Since the price is moving, it means there is a slope (the ball rolls into the region of a lower value of potential energy).

Can you tell me if it's possible to insert a colour picture, JPEG<br / translate="no"> and if so, how it can be done.

The easiest way is to post a picture on mql4.com forum - "MQL4: Picture for metaquotes forum" - and to insert a url to the picture in [img] tags in the post.

PS Gif is not inserted as it is a native format of MT4, so put PNG, I won't say anything about Jpeg.

Alex Niroba Stop it, it's not nice and it doesn't make you look good in any way.
Trying to humiliate and insult another is not elevating yourself.

Rosh,
I totally agree with you. I don't want to humiliate or insult anyone.
Before I went on my forced hiatus, there were several
spits from Mr. Yurixx. Frankly I had neither the time nor the inclination to reply.
Well, that's all right with him.

Tell me how you can transfer pictures from Word, I think I'll give you
some new information for you to think about.

Regards,
Aleksey.

There is only one way to post pictures in this forum:
[img]url of the picture[/img] . This means that you first need to put the picture on the Internet at any site, I have already shown branch, where you can do it, but it requires registration and confirmation (by a moderator). Or find any public resource where you can place the picture, copy the link to it and then again, place it in your post with the tags [img]. You can save any picture from Wordboard in "My Pictures" folder beforehand.
Reason: