Remote agents are not working in optimisation (a bunch of x86 computers): what to do ?

Greetings all.

My terminal was upgraded today, and what a joy, when I ran TC in MT5 for optimization, instead of my usual few dozens of optimization threads - I have only two on my local cores.

I understand "need to follow development of IT-industry", but the stock of old computers is still very large, it's very reasonable to use them, but in this case it turns out that I was "cut off" as much as I wanted and I'm offered to "move to 64x" ?

Here, I have my computer (Core 2Duo, Win7, x32), and a network in which only one computer is slightly more powerful, and the rest of the pile of computers, mostly on "fourth" stumps and WinXP. This cluster used to do a pretty good job of optimizing. Now, however, it turns out I only have my two cores.

I would like to ask developers what they suggest me to do. How can I use available computing power?

As far as I understand they propose to scrap all computers?

Isn't it too drastic a decision to drop the x32 architecture so abruptly when there are still a huge pile of x32 computers in operation?

Yes, we refuse in remote and mql5 networks from 32 bit agents.

32 bit testers can only be used in local calculations.

Renat:
Yes, we refuse in remote and mql5 networks from 32 bit agents.

32 bit testers can only be used in local calculations.

So, for people like me, you offer nothing in return?

Too bad.

And where to download the old terminal and how to turn off auto-refresh in the terminal ?

Laryx:

How do I turn off the auto update in the terminal ?

It has been said many times - there is and will be no way to disable auto-update. This is also related to security.

barabashkakvn:
I've been told before, there is no and will never be an option to disable auto-refresh. It has something to do with security as well.

OK, well, it turns out that a system that was working perfectly yesterday suddenly stopped working for me and I can't use it at all !

I'm not against progress, but I don't have a possibility to migrate to x64 and won't for a long time yet and most importantly I can't migrate my network computers to this platform !

Geez, at least they would have warned me... As it is now, my optimization speed has decreased by an order of magnitude... What I optimized for a couple of hours, will now take a week, and my computer will be lagging too much all this time...

How inconvenient, damn it... I haven't got to WLD yet, it was so nice to work with MT5... Eh...

Laryx:

So, for people like me, you offer nothing in return?

Too bad.

Where can I download the old terminal and how can I turn off the auto-update in the terminal?

I have a 64 bit mainframe and a 32 bit laptop, it's good to connect and helps, the terminal is 1060

Laryx:

Greetings all.

Just checked now, if terminal is x64 and agent(s) is x86, everything works fine.
The agent "kept off the network" (unchecked all the cludes) so it wouldn't update and refuse to work (maybe).

So you only need to upgrade to terminal x64. And you'll be happy.

fyords:

Now I checked it, if the terminal is x64 and agent(s) is (are) x86, everything works fine.
The agent "didn't release to the network" (unchecked all the cludes) so it wouldn't update and refuse to work (maybe).

That's not really a good solution.

I, for example, reinstall the system every six months. It's x32 now. I had x64 before.

And the developers refusing from the 32-bit system is not very good, or rather very, very bad.

fyords:

Yes, you'll have to do so.

But it seems that developers and agents are going to port to x64 - and that's already a bad thing.

I suggest we gather at least some statistics, how many users use x64 exclusively ?

I don't see much of a problem with portable code. Back in the late 90's I was working in an office and the code requirements were very clear to work on both 16-bit and 32-bit systems. I wrote everything all right, defines were used when the systems were too different... Now I am writing my code, which compiles with MT5 as well as with MT4 without any changes... Do developers really have such a serious need to move to x64 ?

What advantages will it bring to users?

Wasn't going to update the system, but in theory I could do that.

However, the networked computers will be running x32 for a long time to come. I don't want to deprive them of their computing power.

So question for developers - how long will x32 agents be around?

Unfortunately, support for 32bit testers clearly limits our (developers) future because of compatibility.

At the moment there is no point in supporting 32 bit platforms. Yes, 32 client terminals will still be supported, but advanced services will only be on modern platforms.

In 2015 we must move to x64 operating systems, and even more so, forget about XP. If we are talking about serious work.

Reason: