Suggestions for promoting the MT5 platform to the masses - page 12

Sergey Golubev:

-------------

I was just replying to a user in English who asked if Metatrader can open 4 charts for four different instruments. And such newbies on this forum are in majority. And the author's description is not enough for them, they understand nothing of programming ... The one who "filled" often gives the minimum of non-programming information, and the other programmers, instead of doing promotion of tools from the CodeBase - just waiting for someone to come and explain everything to newbies.

Here - posted this picture to him:

Now I'm sitting in a thread, waiting for him to ask - how did he do it (where did he click there).

And the first question this morning was "Why do I have the same forex in MT5".
I explained that different brokers have different set of symbols.
So he is probably formulating his question now about how I opened so many demo accounts on one Metatrader ... but will probably not ask today, because there are terms like - demo account, open account, Navigator window, etc. To know the word 'Metatrader' is not enough to formulate a question. So, he will collect the words today and then ask.

And the third question - a branch. A beginner wants to subscribe to a signal from VPS. What, I'll send him to read articles? And how many weeks he will read them ...
I posted the memo as"do one, do two" and the question is solved.

------------
And there are a lot of newbies. Lots of them. And they go on and on...
And, excuse me, they are all very stubborn :) and make sure they get an answer so that they understand.

Ваня:
Profit grows when the profits growPOTUS
Exactly!

Users profit from trading, while programmers and developers profit from new, revolutionary projects.

Sergey Golubev:

CodaBase needs to be promoted. And this can be done by the person who "pours" it, or by anyone else.
For example, several years ago I used to comment on KodaBase specific indicators with mini-articles on how to use them (and publicly posted links in the branch on such mini-articles, which are in the comments). There are over 100 such mini-articles. How to use zigzag in manual trading, for example. What is the difference between asctrend and braintrend signal indicator for trading on accuracy of entry and exit of positions, examples of using RSI with examples and stats at least for some hours for each variant ...

But more effective - just open forum threads with examples and ideas on how to use some indicator from CodaBase.
I have several such branches in English: one on signal indicators, another on stoch indicators, there is a general branch ("Something Interesting"), etc.

But if the programmer "put" an indicator (for example) in CodaBase with a general description and the details with examples of its use and with stats, non-programmer traders must get it from program articles here or from the Internet, I think it's wrong.

CodaBase can be promoted on the forum (signals and marketplace are not allowed, but anything from CodaBase is).

-------------

I have just answered one user in English asking if Metatrader can open 4 charts for four different instruments. And such beginners on this forum are in the majority. And the author's description is not enough for them, they understand nothing of programming ... The one who "uploaded" - often gives minimum of non-programming information, and other programmers, instead of doing promotion of KodaBase tools - just wait for someone to come and explain everything to newbies.

May I ask where? Here's the forum section where you can create a topic on the posted code https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/art

And we create the same themes with the same g-code that we uploaded not for example but only for 1$. As much of this code will be posted, so much useful code will be moved down the list and further to the next and next page. As a result, it will be as difficult to find something interesting and useful as it is now.

But what if we create a topic with links to good CodeBase code and collect the links to be arranged into the first post by a moderator, for instance you and A. Trishkin. Of course I understand that it is impossible to plough through the whole code base but no one is in a hurry - you may start with fresh contributions.

For example, if the author believes his code deserves to be posted in this thread, he publicly asks for the link in this thread and gets reply of the moderator directly in his own post. If denied, the link is removed and a moderator reports that the code does not fit the topic, you can even but not obligatory specify the reason for refusal and if the code is really interesting, the link is duplicated in the first post with a brief comment of the moderator or without it.

What do you think?
Форум трейдеров - MQL5.community: Статьи и техническая библиотека по автоматическому трейдингу
Форум трейдеров - MQL5.community: Статьи и техническая библиотека по автоматическому трейдингу
  • www.mql5.com
Обсуждение статей по трейдингу и примеров на языках MQL4/MQL5

Alexey Viktorov:
Can I go where? Here is the section of the forum where you can create a topic on the posted code https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/art

And it creates such threads on the same g-code, not for example, but only for the same $ 1. As much of this code will be posted, so much useful code will be moved down the list and further to the next and next page. As a result, it will be as difficult to find something interesting and useful as it is now.

But what if we create a topic with links to good CodeBase code and collect the links to be arranged into the first post by a moderator, for instance you and A. Trishkin. Of course I understand that it is impossible to plough through the whole database but no one is in a hurry - you may start with fresh contributions.

For example, if the author believes his code deserves to be posted in this thread, he publicly asks for a link in this thread and gets reply of the moderator directly in his own post. If denied, the link is removed and a moderator reports that the code does not fit the topic, you can even but not obligatory specify the reason for refusal and if the code is really interesting, the link is duplicated in the first post with a short comment of the moderator or without it.

What do you think?
I mean, a forum thread with links to interesting stuff in KordaBase and a little explaining?
That's how I've been doing it for a year now in angl - the topic is here. And anyone can post there who found something there to his mind interesting and knows how to use it.

Sergey Golubev:

CodaBase needs to be advertised. And this can be done by the one who "pours", or by anyone else.
For example, several years ago I used to put mini articles on some indicators in the comments of CodaBase on how to use them (and publicly posted links in the branch to the base of such mini articles in the comments). There are over 100 such mini-articles. How to use zigzag in manual trading, for example. What is the difference between asctrend and braintrend signal indicator for trading in terms of entry and exit accuracy, examples of using RSI with examples and stats for at least a few hours for each variant ...

Sergei, everything is 100% correct. But not on this forum in technical terms. Here, all your work will fly into the trash maximum in a week, it's not a forum, in fact, but some contrived type of chat. No one's going to go digging around in the trash, except for a few people.

If there's ever a modern engine around here, I'd be happy to do articles on my findings. For now it's a Sisyphean job.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Sergei, everything is 100% correct. But not on this forum technically. Here, all your work will fly into the trash maximum in a week, it's not a forum, in fact, but some contrived type of chat room. No one's going to go digging around in the septic tank, except for a few people.

If there's ever a modern engine here, I'd be happy to do articles on my findings. For now, it's a Sisyphean job.

The engine's fine here. Just themes should be maintained, and try not to open a topic that will be only a few days or a week.

The one who opens a topic is the one who posts there mostly. And not so, that someone opens a topic, and in the first post asks everyone to continue the thread.
It is like the proverb: "The one who has a leech sucked his leg - let him tear it off himself.

There is a principle: if you start a topic/branch, you are responsible for it. And if a branch is dead, it is because the topic-starter has stopped posting there, or made a branch with life expectancy of a week.
Most users just read, not threads/posts ...

Sergey Golubev:
You mean a forum thread with links to interesting things in KordaBase and a little explanation?
That's how I've been doing it for a year in English - the topic is here. And anyone can post there who found something there in his opinion interesting and knows how to use it.
That's how unfairly moderators are distributed on the resource. :-)

Interesting, I guess, but I have a small problem: I don't speak English. Only a few words in programming language. I may be the only one. But there are others who do not know it at a level that can communicate in it... Come on, that's not the point.

Sergey Golubev:
It's a fine engine here. It's just a matter of keeping the threads up to date, and trying not to start a thread that's only going to last a few days or a week.

The person who opens a topic is the one who posts there in the first place. And not so, that someone opens a topic, and in the first post asks everyone to continue the thread.
It is like the proverb: "The one who has a leech sucked his leg - let him tear it off himself.

There is a principle: start a topic/branch and that's it, you reply to it. And if a thread has stalled, it is because the topic-starter has stopped posting there, or made a branch with life expectancy of a week.
Most users just read, rather than make branches/posts ...
And if they don't post there at all, from the word go nothing but the first post, just an invitation? And the topic is attached and will never go to another page ... Maybe such threads should just be deleted?

Alexey Viktorov:
This is how unfairly moderators are allocated on the resource. :-)

Interesting, I guess, but there's a small problem: I don't speak Aglitsky. Only a few words in programming language. I may be the only one. But there are others who do not know it at a level that can communicate in it... Come on, that's not the point.
You can open one here for example.
Or any other.
I just if I open them in Russian too, I won't keep track of all my branches (and they should be continued and supported, etc.).

--------------

Here's an example.
One user (any) asks something on the forum). He may be answered by a moderator or just another user.
Which is more valuable to the resource, etc.?
When another user (or multiple users) answers.
It means that the forum is evolving upwards.

Sergey Golubev:
You could open one here, for example.
Or any others.
I just can't keep track of all my branches if I open them in Russian too (and they need to be continued and maintained, etc.).

--------------

Here's an example.
One user (any) asks something on the forum). He may be answered by a moderator or just another user.
Which is more valuable to the resource, etc.?
When another user (or multiple users) answers.
It means that the forum is evolving upwards.
Given my knowledge of the language, I'll allow myself this question: "Are the links in this thread just to your code?".
Reason: