Beta version of MetaTrader 4 IDE including new MQL4 compiler and editor - page 10

deviation should be double

dupter:

deviation should be double

Yes, this and some other functions have already been corrected.

RenatB:
Please make a request to servicedesk. Please attach to the request editor's log (with red text). I understand correctly that the studio itself writes something like"error C4430: missing type specifier - assumed int".
Posted #828394.

mql5:
Yes, this and some other features have already been fixed.

After tweaking the functions, do you upload a new version so it can be downloaded?

If so, should it be downloaded from https://c.mql5.com/mql4/forum/2013/08/MetaTrader4.Beta.IDE_1.zip?

I download from this site, but I don't see any changes.

and it keeps giving me an error.

Sorry for the off-topic, if we could introduce API to the terminal - trading functions, access to timeseries, and events, we wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel, because programming in a professional IDE is much more convenient, take VS Express, for example... You could write Expert Advisors in Basic and Delphi, at least with a COM object
Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции
Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции
  • www.mql5.com
Торговые функции - Документация по MQL5

I decided to compile some code that has been running for a long time without any problems. There are some things I don't understand:

Why does it tell me about type conversion when int v and int GetTickCount() have the same int type ? Please clarify this point.

intGetTickCount()

The GetTickCount() function returns the number of milliseconds that have elapsed since the system started. The count is limited by the resolution of the system timer. Since the time is stored as an unsigned integer, it overflows every 49.7 days.

Example:

intstart=GetTickCount();
// some serious calculations.
Print("Computation time ",GetTickCount()-start," milliseconds.");

artmedia70:

I decided to compile some code that has been running for a long time without any problems. There are some things I don't understand:

Why it tells me about type conversion when int v and int GetTickCount() have the same int type ? Please explain this point.

The reference is old. In mql5 GetTickCount() returns uint

GetTickCount() in MT5 returns an unsigned integer. You're using a signed integer. Implicit type conversion causes a warping. That's right.

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Типы данных
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Типы данных - Документация по MQL5

Eufemio:
Sorry for the off-topic, if we could introduce API to the terminal - trading functions, access to timeseries and events, we wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel, because programming in a professional IDE is much more convenient, take VS Express, for example... You could write Expert Advisors with COM object, at least in Basic and Delphi.
Maybe so from the viewpoint of a super-professional programmer. But do not you forget about us traders? We also want to program :), for ourselves. So, I support MQ, but there is still much that is not clear in this release.

papaklass:

And what do the APIs for the terminal prevent ordinary traders from doing?

You don't want to use the API, don't use it. But there are other traders who would use the API. What's wrong with that?

"and you wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel" - that's where I see the problem. So MQ are making their language better, MT4 is getting up to 5. And why is it suddenly a "bicycle"? Available to many is getting even better, what's wrong with that. I have no problem with the API connection, of course it would be super. But you ask what many do not need (fortunately or unfortunately - it depends on who), calling accessible, though not the most convenient for programmers, method to achieve their trading solutions as unnecessary nonsense (well, or the invention of a bicycle). Maybe I took your words wrongly, but I hope you understood me anyway. (sorry for the flub).
Reason: