Beta version of MetaTrader 4 IDE including new MQL4 compiler and editor - page 16

Laryx:

The tester in four is much worse. If your programme is a simple one, there's not much difference. But for a complex program, the five tester is much better.

Tell me what's better, I didn't find much difference, but I identified a number of drawbacks.

zfs:
Расскажите чем лучше, я пользовался не нашел особо разницы, но выявил ряд недостатков.

Well, first of all, it allows you to decide for yourself which criterion to choose for optimization.

Here, look, my OnTester() function:

double OnTester()
{
   int  iTrades = (int)TesterStatistics(STAT_TRADES);
   double  dProfit =  TesterStatistics(STAT_PROFIT);

double dWorkDays = (double)etMainExpert.GetTickedTime()/SECS_IN_DAY;

double dDaysInTrade = dWorkDays;

if(iTrades != 0)
      dDaysInTrade =  dWorkDays/(double)(iTrades);

if(dDaysInTrade > 4)
      return(dProfit - dDaysInTrade*dDaysInTrade);

if(dProfit<0)
      return(dProfit);

double dDD = TesterStatistics(STAT_EQUITY_DDREL_PERCENT);

if(dDD > 10)
      return(-dDD);

return(dProfit*(100-dDD)/100);
};

Here the optimization is carried out by the product of profit by the minimum drawdown, taking into account that one trade should last not more than four days, and taking into account that the drawdown is extremely undesirable 10%. Can you optimize an EA in MT4 by such a criterion?

And the step-by-step debugger? Does it exist in MT4 ? I didn't find it...

Laryx:

Is there a step-by-step debugger? Is there one in MT4 ? I haven't found it...

If memory serves me correctly there is no debugger in the tester yet, so a debugger to compare the tester in MT4/5 is not indicative.

Interesting:
Если мне память не изменяет отладки в тестере пока нет, так что отладчик для сравнения тестера в МТ4/5 не показателен.

Well, it's really more about platform differences.

And if so, the main advantage of the tester in MT5 is its own optimization criteria and the system of genetic optimization. And the possibility to optimize anything, not necessarily EAs...

Laryx:

Well, it's really more about platform differences.

And if so, the main advantage of the tester in MT5 is its own optimization criteria and the system of genetic optimization. And the possibility to optimize anything, not necessarily EAs...

You see, you need optimization and it's important for you..., and someone doesn't need it at all. The code itself does the calculations and there's nothing to worry about... Therefore, for me, for example, the tester is not an indicator at all... So, it turns out that there's no point in arguing... ;)

artmedia70:
You see, you need optimization and it's important for you..., and someone needs it like a light bulb - he doesn't need it. The code itself does the calculations and there's nothing to worry about... Therefore, for me, for example, the tester is not an indicator at all... So, it turns out that there's no point in arguing... ;)

Well, why "about nothing"?

Now I would like to know the pros of the MT4 tester...

Laryx:

Well, why "about nothing"?

Now I would like to know the pros of the MT4 tester...

It works in the same window as the terminal, simple).

I recommend broadening your horizons and using MT5.

Otherwise it's quite ridiculous to hear about queries that were already implemented years ago.

artmedia70:

Well... to a lot of people...

If your task is only to get shit-faced, others have slightly different tasks

So that, I would venture to guess, is the task of most users, for even to develop an autotuned EA, you need to test autotuning... Well, or have you reached beyond the level of chart visualisation in your mind.

Personally, I'm only interested in MT5 with its tester capabilities, and the sad thing is that I have to pay for that capability, which is extremely frustrating.

-Aleks-:

So this is, I would venture to guess, the task of most users, for even to develop an autotuned EA, you need to test the autotuning... Well, or you've reached beyond the level of chart visualisation in your mind.

Personally, I am only interested in MT5 with its tester capabilities, and the sad thing is that I have to pay for this capability, which is extremely frustrating.

Are you sure that most traders sit around all day and not trade? Are you sure that most of the programmers stay in the tester all day long?

Really, broaden your horizons, or look at the subject with different eyes.

Reason: