Where to start? - page 10

anonymous:

Volatility has long been a separate class of instrument.

The simplest way to trade is with options (their prices are sometimes even expressed in volatility points). More advanced are derivatives on volatility indices (futures, options, ETFs) or variance swaps.

The only problem is that the markets for these instruments are also very efficient, or not available to ordinary traders.

Next. Volatility is the second moment of the distribution of returns of some simple underlying asset (stock, index, etc). One can trade moments of higher orders - the slope and the excess, also with the help of options. Some time ago, the CBOE bevel index appeared:http://www.cboe.com/micro/skew/introduction.aspx and they are about to invent a tradable instrument for it.

There is also the volatility index VVIX(http://www.cboe.com/micro/VVIX/). I haven't seen traded instruments on it yet, but the mean reversion is more expressed there by eye.

Beginners in all these classes of instruments are better not to get involved))

Thanks, but it's a bit early for me))

vspexp:

perepel......If they say that the commission is 10$ for a "full circle", am I right to understand that this is the same as adding 10 more points to the spread, that is, if the spread is 20 points and the commission is another 10, then in each position, you need to raise more than 30 points to be without a loss?

Don't get bogged down, find a brokerage company with one spread and no commission, and there is also a "swap" (rollover).

for the question, if 1p = $1 then yes to the spread = 20S + 10S commission for the position = 30 which you need to pay off to get to 0.

If i've got a good view on the position i'll need more than 1p=1$ then yes = 20S + 10S commission = 30 and then i'll need to win back 0.

My thanks very much for the specific quantitative answer. I wish everybody were as precise and concise as you are. My mistake, but in the MT5 manual I have not found the formula for summing up equity in the tester with a specific broker commission, DAB, spread, swap, etc. Maybe I was not paying attention.

m.butya:

Change broker. In other words, you should look at the brokers DAB, spread may be 0 or 50 depending on news and weekend transitions. In other words, the overall spread is 2 times less than the 30 you mentioned and this is out of space.

I advise to get used to ECN/STP, although all the same, both MM and ECN are simulations, but if you want to train in conditions close to the battle you need to choose a more relevant simulator.

But keep in mind that you won't be able to take into account all nuances of real costs in the MT-tester, so the results may be very different and therefore wrong decisions will be made.

Why should you make a habit of perversion? You need to develop habits that you can use later on. The constant spread is stupid and a sign of manipulation, there is no point in getting used to it.

Thanks for the information. I'm going to do real trading after half a year of demo-mode and studying all the nuances, if I build a profitable trading system in tests, if not I won't trade live.

As soon as I told my friends that I want to do Forex and stock trading they almost made fun of me as naive, but when I explained that I am not immediately rushing into action, like naive people do, and that I am going to join the "other side", everybody agreed that there is some logic in it. Naturally this requires at least some time. The rest is manageable.

I read "Notes of a Stock Speculator" - super! Looking at fragments of forum messages, there is a picture associative that dealing centres, behave like those provincial brokerage houses described in the book 100 years ago))) Amazing! 100 years! It's really the coolest business, if checked on such a time interval!

I'm reading (or rather listening) M. Talleba, "Black Swan" but not so much (1 / 3 listened to it so far), although all recommend it. What do I care about the autobiography of an Arab? (just kidding...))

Also M. Brett's "How to read financial information", but it's not as artistic and there's not enough mental energy for more than 20 pages at a time.

In practice, I study the structure of formation of profits from the sum of all deals. In particular, I'm interested in how DAB, spread, commission, SWAP and other things are considered in the tester. Can they be varied and zeroed out randomly, one or another value, in order to compare the contribution of each of them on the equity? These data should logically be stored in the form of history, as well as the price series. However, when saving the data from the terminal into Excel format, there are only columns (4) of candlestick parameters (most likely) and two more columns not quite clear yet: spread, DAB, SWAP or some other system column. I wonder if it is possible to sum up these data and build the chart in Excel and compare the results with the tester. In general, there are a lot of questions. Probably need to just write them down, and then order a paid audience and all pile questions to collapse.

In this regard is interested (but please do not ban), what are the rates for a paid audience, a set of my specific questions, with concise answers to your questions, you can ask in person, but preferably in the open, I think that many newbies are interested and all will be able to assess the "best offer". For some people the best offer will be different. For beginners the questions will be about market models, markets structure (forex, exchanges), how business model of brokerage company is structured, different trading strategies and their realization/testing on MT5. Price in $ per hour. The price is $ per hour and we do not need to worry about it. This is saying because I watched some webinars and frankly they have 95% of water and demagoguery, it's not good, on the forum is allowed, the money is not. Also I had a paid consultation with one of the local brokers, I am very dissatisfied, a person is interested and it is impossible to get an answer to the most interesting questions. That is why we need advice without prejudice, which is what we pay for.

perepel:

Thank you, but it's a bit early for me))

Thank you very much for the specific quantitative answer. I wish everyone were as specific and concise as you are. Forgive me, but in the MT5 manual I have not found the formula for summing equity in tester, including broker commission, DAB, spread, swap, etc. Probably I was not paying attention.

Thanks for the information. My broker is too early, I'm going to do real trading after half a year of demo mode and studying all the nuances, if I build a profitable trading system in tests, if not I won't trade in real account.

As soon as I told my friends that I want to do Forex and stock trading they almost made fun of me as naive, but when I explained that I am not immediately rushing into action, like naive people do, and that I am going to join the "other side", everybody agreed that there is some logic in it. Naturally this requires at least some time. The rest is manageable.

I read "Notes of a Stock Speculator" - super! Looking at fragments of forum messages, there is a picture associative that dealing centres, behave like those provincial brokerage houses described in the book 100 years ago))) Amazing! 100 years! It's really the coolest business, if checked on such a time interval!

I'm reading (or rather listening) M. Talleba, "Black Swan" but not so much (1 / 3 listened to it so far), although all recommend it. What do I care about the autobiography of an Arab? (just kidding...))

Also "M. Brett.How to read financial information", but it is not so artistic and there is not enough mental energy for more than 20 pages at a time.

In practice, I study the structure of formation of profits from the sum of all deals. In particular, I'm interested in how DAB, spread, commission, SWAP and other things are considered in the tester. Can they be varied and zeroed out randomly, one or another value, in order to compare the contribution of each of them on the equity? These data should logically be stored in the form of history, as well as the price series. However, when saving the data from the terminal into Excel format, there are only columns (4) of candlestick parameters (most likely) and two more columns not quite clear yet: spread, DAB, SWAP or some other system column. I wonder if it is possible to sum up these data and build the chart in Excel and compare the results with the tester. In general, there are a lot of questions. Probably need to just write them down, and then order a paid audience and all pile questions to collapse.

In this regard is interested (but please do not ban), what are the rates for a paid audience, a set of my specific questions, with concise answers to your questions, you can ask in person, but preferably in the open, I think that many newbies are interested and all will be able to assess the "best offer". For some people the best offer will be different. For beginners the questions will be about market models, markets structure (forex, exchanges), how business model of brokerage company is structured, different trading strategies and their realization/testing on MT5. Price in $ per hour. The price is $ per hour and we do not need to worry about it. This is saying because I watched some webinars and frankly they have 95% of water and demagoguery, it's not good, on the forum is allowed, the money is not. Also I had a paid consultation with one of the local brokers, I am very dissatisfied, a person is interested and it is impossible to get an answer to the most interesting questions. That is why you need a consultation without prejudice, that is what you pay for.

Go for it! And I, for example, am still rereading the notes after six years. There are books that make sense of every word, this is one of them.

perepel:

Thank you very much for the specific quantitative answer. I wish everyone were as specific and concise as you are. Forgive me, but in the MT5 manual I have not found the formula for summing equity in tester, including broker commission, DAB, spread, swap, etc. Probably I was not paying attention.

Thanks for the information. My broker is too early, I'm going to do real trading after half a year of demo mode and studying all the nuances, if I build a profitable trading system in tests, if not I won't trade in real account.

As soon as I told my friends that I want to do Forex and stock trading they almost made fun of me as naive, but when I explained that I am not immediately rushing into action, like naïve people do, but I am going to join the "other side", everybody agreed that there is some logic in it. Naturally this requires at least some time. The rest is manageable.

Also "M.Brett.How to read financial information", but it is not so artistic and there is not enough mental energy for more than 20 pages at a time.

In this regard is interested (but please do not ban), what are the rates for a paid audience, a set of my specific questions, with concise answers to your questions, you can ask in person, but preferably in the open, I think that many newbies are interested and all will be able to assess the "best offer". For some people the best offer will be different. For beginners the questions will be about market models, markets structure (forex, exchanges), how business model of brokerage company is structured, different trading strategies and their realization/testing on MT5. Price in $ per hour. The price is $ per hour and we do not need to worry about it. This is saying because I watched some webinars and frankly they have 95% of water and demagoguery, it's not good, on the forum is allowed, the money is not. Also I had a paid consultation with one of the local brokers, I am very dissatisfied, a person is interested and it is impossible to get an answer to the most interesting questions. That is why you need a consultation without prejudice, that is what you pay for.

I didn't expect it, but I'm a little disappointed by it all :)

I would strongly advise against trading on demo. Look, of course, but at least join "virtual reality" from Alshmary (company name changed :) ), there will be a chance to compare yourself with others and some interest, because the prizes are real, and the participants a few thousand.

perepel:

In general, there are a lot of questions. You should probably just write them down and then book a paid audience with someone and have all the questions poured in.

Don't forget to ask the counsellor for a reference. The best recommendation is a 2-NDFL certificate for the last accounting year - line:

2900 ¦ Income received from foreign currency transactions

Well, and of course must be attached a receipt for the payment of tax on this income. Otherwise, it may turn out that he has income not from operations, but from consultations or income is negative

I recognise myself from a year ago in a sabre maker. But I didn't think so systematically right away, I opened a small real after a month. I should warn you right away that paid consultations are not a panacea. Judging by the subjects of questions, I can assume that many questions will not be answered even for money. Or perhaps a subjective concoction you will hear.

You can't modify it arbitrarily, it's a serious drawback of mtn. This is a serious drawback of mt5 along with the inability to use custom quotes. I do not understand how to explain it sensibly but those are the facts.

SZZY

Trader's handbook: orders, prices, market, funds, currencies

perepel:

As soon as I told my friends that I want to do Forex and stock trading they almost made fun of me as naive, but when I explained that I am not immediately rushing into action, like naïve people do, but I am going to join the "other side", everybody agreed that there is some logic in it. Naturally this requires at least some time. The rest is manageable.

Also M. Brett's "How to read financial information", but it is not so artistic and there is not enough mental energy for more than 20 pages at a time.

I join the question of rates, to qualified advice and offer to exchange, in the list of issues, to save money and order a webinar from the winner of the tender, the ratio of quality / price, Quality I propose to evaluate the combination of features such as rating on the forum, teaching experience, portfolio (books, articles, webinars, etc.) Price in quid per hour.

Thus it will be possible to order the highest quality service. This, by the way will be valuable information for sellers of such services, as well as those wishing to obtain it. In general, everyone wins. I myself have watched a number of webinars by professionals and came to the conclusion that they bend their line, and would like to get specific answers before questions are not forgotten and not "stuffed".

I propose to put a list right here in the branch to "settle" them here, gather the willing and order a webinar from the "best".

vspexp:

The only commission I know of is at admiral, most dts have a spread, so what's the sado-maso here?

If you take only those with mt5 on the real account, there is not much choice, I agree. But I think the author is trying to go further and there is no such a perspective for fx broker, that's the way brokerage companies are marketing now. I think the majority will use pseudo-ECN, floating spread and commission. And if we are going to open a hedge fund, it would even be harmful to know about the fixed spread. What is it anyway? It is clear that the commission is the sense of a broker, but the spread? How it may be fixed? There is only the flow of orders, the rest is just a trick.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте - Документация по MQL5

ns_k:
Dare! And I, for example, reread the notes even after 6 years all the time. I've read them over and over again and every word makes sense.
ns_k:

I wasn't expecting it, but a little bit, it's a real heartbreaker :)

I would strongly recommend not trading on the demo. Look, of course, but at least join the "Virtual Reality" from Alshmary (company name changed :) ), there will be a chance to compare yourself with others and some interest, because there are real prizes, and the participants a few thousand

Thanks, I dare! For now only theory and tests with mql I am far away from DC and competitions.

A100:

Don't forget to ask the consultant for a recommendation. The best recommendation is a 2-NDFL certificate for the last reporting year - line:

2900 ¦ Income received from transactions in foreign currency

Well, and of course must be attached a receipt for the payment of tax on this income. Otherwise it may turn out that he has income not from operations, but from consultation or income is negative

Hehe, not a single offer so far! No one to filter. I must have formulated the requirements very strictly or there are not too many people here who have something to say on the matter.

gunia:

I recognize myself from a year ago as a sabre maker. But I did not think so systematically right away, real opened a small one month later. Be warned straight away that paid consultations are not a panacea. Judging by the subjects of questions, I can assume that many questions will not be answered even for money. Or perhaps a subjective concoction you will hear.

You can't modify it arbitrarily, it's a serious drawback of mtn. This is a serious drawback of mt5 along with the inability to use custom quotes. Totally not clear how this makes sense but those are the facts.

SZZY

Trader's handbook: orders, prices, put, funds, currencies

Great! Exactly what we need. I wish we had 100 times more such content!

I do not understand a bit about the spread. How do you calculate the spread you need?

lucky_teapot:

I join the question of rates, to qualified advice and offer to exchange, in order to save money and order a webinar from the winner of the tender, the ratio of quality / price, Quality I propose to evaluate the aggregate characteristics, such as rating on the forum, teaching experience, portfolio (books, articles, webinars, etc.) Price in quid per hour.

Thus it will be possible to order the highest quality service. This, by the way will be valuable information for sellers of such services, as well as those wishing to obtain it. In general, everyone wins. I myself have watched a number of webinars by professionals and came to the conclusion that they bend their line, and would like to get specific answers before questions are not forgotten and not "stuffed".

I propose to put a list right here in the branch to "settle" them here, gather the willing and order a webinar from the "best".

YeeeeeSSSS!!! We can team up on this adventure! Any information would be appreciated and of course happy to share the costs.

perepel:

Hehe, not a single offer so far! No one to filter. Probably too strict in formulating the requirements or there aren't too many people here who can really make a point.

Above you asked about the business model - well - it is based on statistics

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/10454/page85#comment_513276

Обсуждение высокочастотной торговли на МТ5
Обсуждение высокочастотной торговли на МТ5
  • www.mql5.com
Сколько такой робот может стоить при заказе через сервиз работа ?

What kind of people are you! You can't show me what you've achieved and then give me advice...

I think I have understood that I want to earn on Forex, and I have understood all the advantages of using robots.

In general, my plan is as follows:

If you do not know what kind of currency pair you are dealing with, what broker, what kind of account, what time frame, how to open and close positions, put and change stop and take profit, change the price of pending order.

2. Look at somebody's profitable trading, try to understand why these people trade only this pair, why only at this time and why these stops and TP, maybe something else worth paying attention to. For the analysis try to use indicators, even with standard settings.

Profitable trading can be seen in PAMMs or monitoring.

3. Almost certainly, rule out all systems with fill-ins, averaging, martingale.

4. Learn MQL is not that hard, try to write a simple robot, for example just repeat the MACD Sample.

5. Try to write a strategy based on the algorithm that makes profit in monitoring. Of course you will have to study the tester and the optimizer.

6. You can stop there. Your trading robot will grow with new developments and features and bring profit.

7. It would be better to use the trading robot on small deposits, but in the best conditions. If the spreads and commissions quoted on the demo account match those on the real account, then it may as well be done on the demo. It is very common that the demo accounts have better conditions than the real ones.

They may be used for the entire program for six months at the most. You don't have to understand MQL. All the modules that you will need for the implementation of this or that algorithm, you can always find how to do it or ask for help here.

You should not read heaps of literature, especially of the last century, and do not recommend poor prognosticators and pseudo-prognosticators.

Reason: