Where to start? - page 21

MetaDriver:
Naive...
Yes, you are right. You can set the stop = 10000 pips, but let's not consider extreme options ( like "doctor and euthanasia")... In this case the stop size, like all parameters of this strategy, is calculated mathematically and optimized on historical data, not taken from the ceiling. The forward test confirms this.

VNIK:
Yes, you are right. You can set stop = 10000 pips, but let's not consider extreme options ( like "doctor and euthanasia")... In this case the stop size, like all parameters of this strategy, is calculated mathematically and optimized on historical data, not taken from the ceiling. Forward testing confirms this.

Ran one of your strategies on backtest, last month - hovered for about an hour, no trades, had to stop.

The calculations are so intense there, and in the tester you need one to one time, like on the realtime?

what to start with when determining optimal EA settings (mql5) to achieve optimal results, is there an available methodology, an algorithm for ATS testing ?

If you do not know how to do this, then you will not know what to do and what to do with it.

If i want to draw some conclusions from my own experience - i use Camatasia screen recordings and order opening/closing analysis as well as real-time visual monitoring. + I use Camatasia to analyze orders opening/closing, visual control in real time .

To determine the best EA settings I previously ran several terminals in which I made subtle changes in the ATS under test and analyzed the results on a weekly basis,

But it turned out that sometimes bugs are possible in ATS operation and I had to refuse from launching several Mt5 terminals on one computer at a time.

Торговые сигналы
Торговые сигналы
  • www.mql5.com
Торговые Сигналы для MetaTrader: копирование сделок, мониторинг счета, автоматическое исполнение сигналов и социальный трейдинг
Reason: