Norm? - page 27

alexeymosc:

Actually, congratulations, I guess. Good thing turned out(in the tester).

Oops, what a good phrase that turned out to be ;)

lordlev:
well, yes. we just have to wait for the real statistics for the year and draw conclusions.

You won't have to wait a year. I'm willing to bet $100 that in a month and a half the trading results will be an order of magnitude worse than stated. I.e. the forward will fail.

If there are those who want to stand on the other side - write.

Only we need to make sure that the new versions are not uploaded to the market. Otherwise the experiment will not be clean...

The modification of the stops should be corrected, because we sell it for $30,000, and the magazine has a lot of 'Invalid Stops' on the test. It is not very presentable, it would not even pass to the Championship. Or is it part of the strategy ?

komposter:

Just make sure no new versions are uploaded to the market. Otherwise the experiment won't be clean...

I've already started controlling that. :)

i download versions once a week for history,

so no new tweaks are posted by the author.

we'll see in March.

And I expect a repeat of the result obtained in the tester. The opposite is simply not interesting to wait for, much less argue with. I was inspired by the author's result. But still we are waiting 3-4 months.

Oh lol. I wouldn't expect a moderator to be that phobic. I'm not going to engage in any self-delusion. I don't give a rat's ass about this kind of fitting. My system is as honest as possible.

komposter, I accept your challenge and bet my 100$ that the system will work within the test figures. If the drawdown exceeds 22$(my account is real cent), I owe you 100$. If the system does not fail, then you owe me $100. End of dispute at market close on Friday 8 March 2013 - in 1.5 months as you wrote.

Any number of people can participate in a bet. 1 person is $100. The winnings are split equally. e.g. 2 people bet $100 against my system, and I bet $100 against them. If they lose, I get all 200. If I lose, they get 50. And vice versa ). If I have 400 for me and 200 against me. Then the failure of the system will mean they win by 200.

lordlev:

Oh lol. I wouldn't expect a moderator to be that phobic. I'm not going to engage in any self-delusion. I don't give a rat's ass about this kind of fitting. My system is as honest as possible.

komposter, I accept your challenge and bet my 100$ that the system will work within the test figures. If the drawdown exceeds 22$(my account is real cent), I owe you 100$. If the system does not fail, then you owe me $100. The end of the dispute at market close on Friday 8 March 2013 - in 1.5 months as you wrote.

I don't need your account, even if it is a dollar account. The easiest way to check the EA is in the tester, and there will be a guarantee of non-interference in the results.

The conditions are as follows: if the profit of the Expert Advisor (based on testing results) during the interval of 09.01.2013 - 09.03.2013 is lower than the average profit for the two months from the published reportby more than50%, or the drawdown for the same period is higher than the average drawdown for the two months of testing (also by 50% or more), then I will win. Otherwise, it is yours.

I.e., roughly: if he is now making 6K per year with fixed lot (1K during 2 months), he must make at least $500 on our 2-month forward, otherwise I win. Similarly with drawdown - it shouldn't be much larger than the average 2 month drawdown (not to be confused with the maximum for the entire testing period).

OK?

lordlev:
Any number of people can participate in the bet. For example, 2 people bet $100 against my system, and I bet $100 against theirs. If they lose, I get all 200. If I lose, they get 50. And vice versa ). If I have 400 for me and 200 against me. Then the failure of the system will mean they win by 200.

This is just a masterpiece =)

Why not the other way around? We'll give ten of us $10 each (we'll raise $100), and if we win, you'll give $100 to each of us? ;)

lordlev:

Oh lol. I didn't expect this kind of phobia from a moderator.

Anything's good against a scam.

I don't know what the hell I'm talking about with all these tweaks.

Don't worry, as soon as the test passes, you'll see.

;)

ohh :) another scam. don't jump off the topic. you're selling tester cards, we'll get to judge them in a couple of months.

Is insults from a moderator OK here? Before you accuse someone, you have to give proof. I expect an apology from the moderator. Your accusations of a "scam" are not substantiated.

komposter, I am not interested in such terms. My Expert Advisor is intended for investment from six months. In 1.5 months, it may show a below-average profit, but then the profit can dramatically increase. I will either argue on my terms and conditions. In other words, the robot does not give to the investor a chance to try it and the robot is not a pipsqueak. The description, please note that it says so - from six months.

lordlev,

I haven't read all 28 pages here sorry. But you created such a conflicted topic with the first post ... So people are reacting. And it's not right to sell the system based only on backtesting (even with such a twisted strategy tester as MT5). But this is just my opinion, sorry.

About Sharp. There is an article here called Mathematics in Trading. Evaluating of trading results. What is Sharpe anyway? There are several ways of calculating this Sharpe, and from this there are several Sharpe Ratio - Sharpe Ratio, Modified Sharpe Ratio and Annual Sharpe Ratio (I do not want to give external links here, but if you are interested you may google it). For example, I put money in the bank and it pays me 0.1% every month. In this case the Sharp would be ideal (it would equal 1). And if I make a signal and in the first month I have +10%, in the second month +5 and in the third month -1, then Sharpe will be far from ideal. Generally, Sharpe is considered to show the stability of profit taking, not how much profit. Martingale systems have a good Sharp. However there is "X-day" when most of the deposit may be lost (it may be tomorrow or in a year for example). The same about scalping, if it is with small take profit and big stop loss ("day X").

Reason: