time in the terminal at the championships - page 3

Interesting:

The strategy tester will be a bit tricky, but it is manageable.

Attempts at total control lead to bad associations. Excuse me.

Why should the strategy tester emulate daylight saving time and vice versa? You still haven't been able to give a clear answer to the question you've asked repeatedly.

stringo:

Attempts of total control lead to bad associations. Sorry.

Why would the strategy tester emulate daylight saving time and vice versa? You still have not been able to answer the repeatedly asked question in a coherent manner.

This is necessary for any strategy which is linked to GMT time, or in some cases for the synchronisation of quotes and trades at different brokers.

It is unlikely that you can control everything, but you can do something about it.

stringo:

1. what happens if you do not trade on the day the hands are moved?

If the software does not make trades, then there will be no trade and no result. The hands will be moved, but there will be no trade.

stringo:

2. Do you want to be in control? In this case, study MQL5. All possibilities to determine the fact of transition to winter time are presented. Initially.

I am keeping the situation under reasonable control by studying the required language features. One thing I am not quite clear about: why there is no function that defines the fact of server switching to summer time. For a local computer time zone this function is present, but not for the server. This article is not critical, but as long as you are bringing up the necessity of studying the language, it brings to mind the question that arose in MQL5 when studying the subject of time.

Yedelkin:

I've got the situation under reasonable control by studying the required language functions. One thing I'm not quite clear about: why there is no function that defines the fact of server switching to daylight saving time. For a local computer time zone this function exists, but not for the server. This article is not critical, but since you are talking about the necessity of studying the language, I suddenly remembered a question that arose in MQL5 when studying the subject of time.

I also don't know why the entire functionality with binding to the local time should be developed and the server time should be forgotten.

I think it would be more reasonable to link to the server time and use it to calculate GMT and everything else we need.

Interesting:

This is needed for any strategy that is tied to GMT or in some cases to synchronize quotes and trades of different brokers.

It is unlikely that you can monitor everything, but you can do something about it.

Why can't you monitor time returned by TimeTradeServer compared to TimeGMT and catch the difference in calculations?

So the existing functionality is not enough for you?

Yedelkin:

If the software does not make trades, then there will be no trade and no result. The arrows will move, but there will be no trade.

In general, I am keeping the situation under reasonable control, having studied the required language functions. One thing is not quite clear: why there is no function that determines the fact of switching the server to daylight saving time. For the local computer time zone there is such a function, for the server - no. This article is not critical, but as long as you are bringing up the necessity of studying the language, it brings to mind the question that arose in MQL5 when studying the subject of time.

Tell me, where have you seen the functions that determine the daylight saving time? What are they called? What is the implementation of such a function? A request to the server "did you switch to winter time?

Are the TimeGMT and TimeTradeServer functions not enough for your purposes?

MetaQuotes:

GMT+1 timezone
With support for daylight saving time.
Now a question for the panelists. How do you determine when daylight saving time will be implemented?
Документация по MQL5: Дата и время / TimeDaylightSavings
  • www.mql5.com
Дата и время / TimeDaylightSavings - Документация по MQL5

stringo:

Tell me, where have you seen the functions that determine the fact of daylight saving time? What are they called? How do you imagine the implementation of such a function? A request to the server "did you switch to winter time?

Are the TimeGMT and TimeTradeServer functions not enough for your purposes?

You have had the forum auto-allocate a link to the TimeDaylightSavings function several times - https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/dateandtime/timedaylightsavings. It is for terminal. So the question is why there is no analog for the server?

And why should I know in advance when the transition will take place? The programmers will process it on the fly.

• www.mql5.com
Дата и время / TimeDaylightSavings - Документация по MQL5

marketeer:

You have had the forum auto-allocate a link to the TimeDaylightSavings function several times - https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/dateandtime/timedaylightsavings. It is for terminal. Here is a question - why there is no analogue for server?

Because this function tells you whether or not your computer (not the client terminal, but your computer!) has switched to daylight saving time.

Changing the computer, which runs the trading server, to daylight saving time does not mean that the server itself works at the same time. The server (data centre) may simply transmit the incoming quotes, regardless of the time, set on the computer. That is why you are invited to decide the matter yourself - all the functions are there for that.

stringo:

Tell me, where have you seen the functions that determine whether it is daylight saving time or daylight saving time? What are they called? How do you imagine implementing such a function? Query to server "did you switch to winter time?"?

Seen it here: TimeDaylightSavings:) That's what it's called. How it is implemented - no idea. As for my opinion - if there is a function, which returns server time, it means, it could return a Boolean variable with additional parameter. Or number of seconds, as it is implemented in TimeDaylightSavings.

stringo:

Are TimeGMT and TimeTradeServer functions not enough for your purposes?

I'm telling you, the question arose not because I don't have enough functions, but because when I was learning the language it seemed illogical that there was no function defining the fact of server switching to daylight saving time. You're providing users with a function TimeTradeServer without shifting the calculations onto programmers' shoulders. You could have just said that GMT and the local computer time is enough to calculate the estimated server time according to the known values. TimeCurrent() :)

Reason: