Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1407

Hello, I want to ask... is it possible to write an Expert Advisor on MT4/5, so that when making a deal, it relies not only on the indicators embedded in MT, but also on data from outside (for example, from my server)?

And one more question: can an Expert Advisor be guided by indicators not only for the instrument bound to it, but also for other instruments (figuratively speaking, an Expert Advisor on the EURUSD currency pair is guided by an indicator with DXY)?

key_Ex write an Expert Advisor on MT4/5 so that it relies not only on indicators embedded in MT, but also on data from outside (for example, from my server)?

And one more question: can an Expert Advisor be guided by indicators not only for the instrument bound to it, but also for other instruments (figuratively speaking, an Expert Advisor on the EURUSD currency pair is guided by an indicator with DXY)?

Yes, it is possible to do all of the above.

Aleksey Vyazmikin #:

Yes, all of the above can be done.

Thanks, looked at the links to the threads under my comment and I think I found what I was looking for

int mov1=iMA(NULL,PERIOD_H4,200,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE);

outputs 10

I bet on Eurodollar, why 10 is not real.

Roman Epifanov ,PERIOD_H4,200,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE);

outputs 10

I bet on Eurodollar, why 10 is not real.

Returned value

Returns the handle of the specified technical indicator, in case of failure returns INVALID_HANDLE.

Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Именованные константы / Прочие константы
Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Именованные константы / Прочие константы
  • www.mql5.com
Прочие константы - Именованные константы - Константы, перечисления и структуры - Справочник MQL5 - Справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

Nauris Zukas #:

Return value

Returns the handle of the specified technical indicator, returns INVALID_HANDLE in case of failure .

Well, it returns a value, only 10. It can't be like that

I don't think there's an error here. I'm just starting to program, please help me.

Roman Epifanov #:

Well, it only returns a value of 10. That can't be right.

I don't think there's an error. I'm just starting to program, please help me.

10 is exactly a handle, its value. This indicates that the indicator has been successfully created.

To read the values of its buffers from a successfully created indicator, you should use CopyBuffer(), in which you should specify the received indicator handle.

Документация по MQL5: Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / CopyBuffer
Документация по MQL5: Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам / CopyBuffer
  • www.mql5.com
CopyBuffer - Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам - Справочник MQL5 - Справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

Hi, I'm using mt5 on Android, I'm learning trading on my own even though I'm seriously thinking of doing some training. I have a serious problem with lots 😭😭😭. I don't understand anything, I've been on the internet for 3 days trying to figure it out but nothing.

I know that 1 lot = 100,000 USD
0,1 lot= 10.000 USD
0.01 lot = 1,000 USD

My problem is that if, for example, I have a capital of 10,000 USD and I want to invest 1% of my capital, i.e. 100 USD, which lot should I choose?

Hi all!
Colleagues, please, when dragging a new symbol from the "Market Watch" list into a chart window with a mouse, drawing objects from the previous symbol (e.g. levels, etc.) remain on the chart. Are these objects bound to the window without being bound to the symbol? Is it somehow curable? Maybe there is a fix for it? I don't want to create a separate profile for each symbol.

Yurka Tim #:
Hi all!
Colleagues, please, when dragging a new symbol from the "Market Watch" list into a chart window with a mouse, drawing objects from the previous symbol (e.g. levels, etc.) remain on the chart. Are these objects bound to the window without being bound to the symbol? Is it somehow curable? Maybe there is a fix for it? I don't want to create a separate profile for each symbol.
It's just that the EA that creates objects should delete them when deinitialising.
Reason: