Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1180

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Subscribers have a choice of copying proportions, it is up to them how they set up

Thank you.

1) Does the MT5 strategy tester have the possibility to see (during the tests) several timeframes (of 1 tool) with indicators + make movements (programming), depending on the values of these indicators on each of the timeframes?
2) Will it be necessary to do something funny so that testing would involve all processor threads, and not 1 (instead of 16) as it is by default?
(If so, please send me links to articles on this topic).

Hello.

How do I get in touch with the developers?

I'm trying to add a product, I get a validation error:

test on EURUSD,H1 (netting)

tester stopped because OnInit returns non-zero code

there are no trading operations

My Expert Advisor is making trades but maybe not enough for their tester.

What should I do? Artificially increase the number of trades? Then the product will pass for sure. But such testing is no good.

Aleksandr Prishenko:

Hello.

What should I do? Artificially increase the number of trades? Then the product will pass for sure. But such testing is no good.

Do you want to reach out to them to correct all your mistakes?

Alexey Viktorov:

Do you want to get through to them to correct all your mistakes?

To correct their mistakes. I have no errors, all trades open and on any TF. With their way of testing you can push through any nonsense by changing just a little parameters, tested.

But I got the hint).

Aleksandr Prishenko:

To correct their mistakes. I have no errors, all trades open and on any TF. With their way of testing you can push through any nonsense by changing just a little parameters, tested.

But I got the hint.)

You have no idea either - your Expert Advisor not only does not make trades, it does not start at all. This is what you are written about:

Aleksandr Prishenko:

Hello.

Do not allow the work to stop at OnInit. If something goes wrong (for example, the user has entered incorrect parameters) - print an error message and just exit right away on OnTick - i.e. do not trade or perform any actions.

How to interpret this: in case of any error made by user when entering data, the Expert Advisor must stay on the chart (even if not trading) and wait for the correct data.

Artyom Trishkin:

You don't even have an understanding - your Expert Advisor not only doesn't make trades, it is not running at all. This is what you have been written about:

I have an understanding. Testing starts at M1 and then at all TFs and it runs fine. On H1, the Expert Advisor is not tested for unknown reasons, and only onthe "open prices".

Aleksandr Prishenko:

The understanding is there. Testing starts at M1 and then on all TFs and it goes well. On H1, the Expert Advisor is not tested for unknown reasons, and only on"opening prices".

It is clearly written to you: the tester is stopped because OnInit() returns a non-zero return code value.

Only the INIT_SUCCEEDED code has a non-zero value. Look into OnInit() code - where, and why the initialization error code is returned from it.

The problem is most likely in the indicator, which at the given parameters does not show up atthe "opening prices" on a period of H1 and above. I will be looking into it. Thanks for the tips!
Reason: