Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1103

EgorKim:

Take theSupport andResistance data from the higher timeframe

I.e. the input of the optimizer must be an MTF indicator

Like this

1. There is no signs of MTF here :) . Just that the indicator timeframe is different from the current one. But if you take a timeframe different from the current one, then you have to take prices from a timeframe different from the current one.

2) Now you may test it.

version "1.001"

I have tried it on M5, and set H1 as an input parameter. (The test should be run at least in "All ticks" mode - no OHLC and open prices!

Files:
Plombiers_EA.mq5  102 kb

Vladimir Karputov:

1. There is no MTF here :) . Just an indicator timeframe different from the current one. But if you take a timeframe different from the current one then you have to take prices from a timeframe different from the current one.

2) Now you may test it.

version "1.001"

Default parameters

2019.07.22 15:38:11.876 2018.02.02 00:50:00   Не удалось скопировать значения индикатора. Error =4806,  copied =-1

Vladimir Karputov:

1. There is no MTF here :) . Just an indicator timeframe different from the current one. But if you take a timeframe different from the current one then you have to take prices from a timeframe different from the current one.

2) Now you may test it.

version "1.001"

I have tried it on M5, and set H1 as an input parameter. (The test should be run at least in "All ticks" mode - no OHLC and open prices!

Vladimir, "All ticks" is for polishing. If it does not work in faster (and not precise) modes, no "All ticks" will help...

Vladimir Karputov:

I ran it on M5 and put H1 in the input parameters - three runs gave the same result in terms of profit. (The test should be run at least in "All ticks" mode - no OHLC and opening prices!)

And like this

2019.07.22 15:42:17.407 2018.02.02 00:07:01   Не удалось скопировать значения индикатора. Error =4806,  copied =-1

EgorKim:

And like this.

Change the trading server. Set the number of bars in the terminal settings to a minimum of 500,000. Reboot the terminal.

Настройки платформы - Начало работы - MetaTrader 5
Настройки платформы - Начало работы - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Торговая платформа обладает множеством настроек, что позволяет организовать работу в ней так, как это удобно именно вам. Выполните команду " Настройки" меню "Сервис" или нажмите "Ctrl+O". Графики — общая настройка отображения ценовых графиков, а также настройка параметров управления объектами: выделение объектов после их создания, немедленная...

Vladimir Karputov:

Change the trading server. Set the number of bars in the terminal settings to a minimum of 500,000. Reboot the terminal.

Hmm

I checked it on demo account in the same office) No errors.

There are errors on the real account. I have not changed any of the bars settings since they are higher than 500 000.

I have never changed my settings but I have never set them higher than 500.000. Is this a hint?

I will now test the correctness of the tester.

Update

Your variant takes a very long time to optimize.

I have looked at several passes - the results do not diverge

Hello programming people. If anyone here knows MQL5, if anyone is on the way to studying it like me, I suggest studying it together in some way. Or if there is a person who knows this language and knows how to program, if he's willing to do a webinar with feedback in the chat room, so you can ask a question, THAT would be cool! What do you think of the idea?

Олег Юдин:
Hello programming people. If anyone here knows MQL5, if anyone is on the way to studying it like me, I suggest studying it together in some way. Or if there is a person who knows this language and knows how to program, if he's willing to do a webinar with feedback in chat, so you can ask a question, THAT would be BEAUTIFUL! What do you think of the idea?
It's all nonsense.

Vladimir Karputov:
It's all nonsense.
Why? It's a good idea! There's a demand! Just started reading the documentation, and because there is no one to ask the basic things, understanding does not move, once stumped and no further understanding, and further reading simply do not give any information!(((

Олег Юдин:
Why? It's a good idea! There is a demand! I just started reading the documentation, but since there is no one to ask the basic things, the understanding does not progress, I stumble once and then no understanding at all, and further reading simply does not provide any information!(((
You just have to learn to read the documentation. This is not "The Three Musketeers" or "The Count of Monte Cristo".
Reason: