Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1013

Alexey Viktorov:

And can you also clarify what it's for?

Added to the previous post.

In the log, of course, you can find what's missing, but it would be better to immediately define and displayMessageBox where to get the missing stuff.

MessageBox("Для работы индикатора небходимо наличие индикатора Б в папке Indicators/Market\n\n"+
                 "Скачать его можно по ссылке\n https://www.mql5.com/ru/market/product/ббббб","Ошибка Б",MB_OK);

Сергей Таболин:

Clarification. Not on the chart, but in general. To find out if there is an indicator in the "set". In the indicators folder.

Here, for example, I have my indicator A that uses another custom indicator B. If A does not get the handle of B when I start it, A will not start.

But if I start an owl using A, A doesn't start and the owl doesn't close despite:

What's to stop A from putting a B indicator in the form of a resource? And no headache. Indicator B is needed only during compilation of indicator A and that's all, no checks are needed.

And indicator A can be inserted into an EA as a resource...

Alexey Viktorov:

What prevents indicator A from having indicator B in the form of a resource? And no headache. The B indicator is needed only during the compilation of the A indicator, and there is no need to check it.

Yes, indicator A can be inserted into the Expert Advisor as a resource...

In other words, if I understood correctly, after the compilation of the Expert Advisor, the indicators A and B do not need to be in the indicators folder?

The resource is #import?

Сергей Таболин:

In other words, if I understood correctly, after compiling the EA, the presence of A and B indicators in the indicators folder is not required?

The resource is #import?

Resource is #resource

Juer:

What does this compile-time error mean and how do I fix it? I have a class with about 80,000 lines. Do I have to make two classes out of it? This is nonsense. What is the sense of this 64-bit version if everything is limited in such a way?

Artyom Trishkin:
The resource is #resource

Yes, thank you. Found it, looking into it. It's not working yet. I think it's because they use symbolic links.

Сергей Таболин:

Yes, thank you. Found it, looking into it. It's not working yet. I think it's because symbolic links are used.

There, near the end of the page"Working with custom indicators connected as resources"

Документация по MQL5: Программы MQL5 / Ресурсы
Документация по MQL5: Программы MQL5 / Ресурсы
  • www.mql5.com
В данном примере показано как проигрывать звуки из файлов Ok.wav и timeoit.wav, входящих в стандартную поставку терминала. Эти файлы находятся в папке означает папку, из которой запущен клиентский терминал MetaTrader 5.  Программным путем из mql5-программы каталог терминала можно узнать следующим образом: Расположение каталога данных терминала...

Alexey Viktorov:

There, near the end of the page"Working with custom indicators connected as resources"

Thanks, I've seen it. But as I said, it's probably because of the symbolic link to the Indicators folder that the resource isn't being added. It says it's not found.

Can you give me a hint? I am learning to write an EA. I want to import my dll library written in C# into it. It is written in the reference book, that library functions must be written through __stdcall. I understand C# a little, but I can't find anything about such a record, there is only something related to import of functions, but it is probably the reverse procedure? I import my function to Expert Advisor through #import, it even sees it and compiles properly, but EA is pulled out of chart before it is launched. It was hanging on the chart before the import. I think it has to do with my dll. I've read on the Internet and got an impression that libraries can only be written in C++. Is it so? Is there a way of writing them in c#? If yes, give me an example or a link to show it clearly. Thank you!

Игорь:
Can you give me a hint? I am learning to write an EA. I want to import my dll library written in C# into it. It is written in the reference book, that library functions must be written through __stdcall. I understand C# a little, but I can't find anything about such a record, there is only something related to import of functions, but it is probably the reverse procedure? I import my function to Expert Advisor through #import, it even sees it and compiles properly, but EA is pulled out of chart before it is launched. It was hanging on the chart before the import. I think it has to do with my dll. I've read on the Internet and got an impression that libraries can only be written in C++. Is it so? Is there a way of writing them in c#? If yes, give me an example or a link to show it clearly. Thank you!
Vasiliy Sokolov's latest article here in articles section.
Reason: