Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 401

Karputov Vladimir:
Forgot to answer - go to MetaTrader 5 :).

No such option yet (also because of low spreads)

Vitalie Postolache:
I forgot to ask, why do you need to add an indicator on a chart to call iCustom() )

I have an idea that the window will then clear the memory. I don't need to add a chart, but to call it for calculation...

Karputov Vladimir:

The question was originally asked:

and I understood it as: you want to attach a custom indicator to the new chart.

If it is about my question, yes, I need to call only indicator for calculation without adding it to the chart. Maybe, I am mistaken and it won't work - I wanted to check it.

-Aleks-:

No such option yet (also because of low spreads)

I have an idea that the window will then clear the memory. I don't need to add a graph but to call it for calculation...

If it is about my question, then yes, I need only call the indicator for calculation, without applying it to chart. I may be wrong and it won't work - this is what I want to check.
If you need indicator calculation data for a certain symbol and timeframe, you should just useiCustom(link for MQL4).
iCustom - Документация на MQL4
  • docs.mql4.com
iCustom - Документация на MQL4

Karputov Vladimir:
If you need the indicator calculation data for a particular symbol and timeframe, you just need to useiCustom(link for MQL4).
It's clear, just assume that the memory is segmented by chart and want to run the script on chart A, and do the calculation on chart B, so that when the memory shortage close chart B and free up memory, and then run a new chart for calculations.

-Aleks-:
It's clear, I just assumed that the memory is segmented by charts and want to run the script on chart A and do the calculation on chart B, so that if there is a memory shortage close chart B and free up memory and then run a new chart again to calculate.
I do not know. I haven't dealt with it.

-Aleks-:
Yes it's clear, just assume that memory is segmented by charts and want to run the script on chart A, and do the calculation on chart B, so that if you run out of memory close chart B and free memory, and then run a new chart for calculations again.
In F4, you cannot programmatically start the indicator in the necessary chart. But you can programmatically attach a template to a chart that will contain the required indicator - it will be attached to the chart together with the template.

Artyom Trishkin:
You can't programmatically run an indicator on the chart you want in quadruple. But you can programmatically attach a template to the chart which will contain the required indicator - it will be attached to the chart together with the template.
The template is a good thing, but it does not save, but is it possible to run the script on a new chart?

-Aleks-:
A template is a good thing, but it doesn't save, is it possible to run the script on a new chart?
No. The script is manual only.

Karputov Vladimir:
No. The script is manual only.
So you can't simulate hotkey presses (which can be assigned to a script/indicator/advisor) either?

-Aleks-:
So you can't simulate hotkey presses (which can be assigned to a script/indicator/advisor) in the same way?
No. What's the big deal? Move all the code of the script (or scripts) to the EA.

Karputov Vladimir:
You can't. And why go to such trouble? Transfer all the code of the script (or scripts) to the EA.
Complicated code for me, and freelancers have a big appetite - a message like "we'll write from scratch for lots of money"...
Reason: