Questions from a "dummy" - page 55

komposter:

If the only purpose of ticking is to catch a new bar, it is enough to set a timer for the bar appearance time (00 minutes 00 seconds for H1) and tick every 1 second for a couple of minutes until the bar appears on all necessary TFs. It will be more accurate and economical.

There is exact time and quotes at this time. Will the new bar have a better price?

It is much easier and more reliable to follow the current quotes. It is much easier and more reliable to play the current quotes. The previous bar has already been completely fixed at the first second of the new period.

komposter:

If the "ticking" is needed only for catching a new bar, it is enough to set a timer for the calculated time of bar occurrence (00 minutes 00 seconds for H1) and ticking with 1 sec intervals for a couple of minutes until the bar appears on all necessary TFs. It will be more accurate and economical.

But the custom event solution is of course much more elegant.

Composter Great, when will Visual Trading for MT5 come out already? )

Ok not about that now...

How to combine "open prices only" and "mathematical calculations" testing mode... If I want to have a history scan and the output not a profit, but an arbitrary calculated value...

how do I do that?

BaTTLeBLooM:

how to combine "opening price only" and "mathematical calculations" test mode... I need it to scan the history and the output in the results is not a profit, but an arbitrary calculated value...

how do I do it?

What is the problem? Why the script is not suitable?

Rosh:
What is the task? Why is the script not suitable?

The script is not suitable because there is not enough programming experience to do a run through the story hundreds of times without making mistakes...

The only way... is to do it in the Expert, because everything is already there...

BaTTLeBLooM:

The script is not suitable because there is not enough programming experience to do a run through the story hundreds of times without making mistakes...

The only way... is to do it in the Expert, because everything is already there...

Well, you can do it in an Expert Advisor at a suitable timeframe, and the result will be printed in OnTester(). It is not necessary to trade. What is the problem?

MetaDriver:

Why do you need to catch a bar? There is an exact time, there are quotes at that time. Will the new bar have a better price?

It is much easier and more reliable to follow the current quotes. It is much easier and more reliable to play the current quotes. The previous bar has already been completely fixed at the first second of the new period.

Yeah, I'm in the thick of it.

Estimated bar open time + analysis of all instruments with correctly defined bar indices = that's what's needed.

BaTTLeBLooM:

Composter "Great", when will Visual Trading for MT5 already appear? )

In my version - very soon (if at all).

I don't want to deal with 5 at all seriously, as long as it changes every build. Appreciate my time...

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций - Документация по MQL5

komposter:

I don't want to do 5 seriously at all, as long as it changes every build. Appreciate my time...

Totally in vain, bugs are generally rare already, mostly on newly introduced functionality, then it's harder to catch up.

Though, it's up to the free will.

Urain:

Totally in vain, bugs are generally rare already, mostly on newly introduced functionality, then it's harder to catch up.

As far as I am concerned, it's up to you.

I won't copy the list of changes here, it's in the relevant thread. And "rave reviews" from the lucky ones who installed the new build are easy to find too ;)

Just now there really is something to do. And catching up, as far as I'm concerned, will be easier - the base of quality code and good articles is growing every day.

MetaDriver:

It depends on the timer period. You can do it for 10 days (60*60*24*10), it'll be faster. :))

More subtleties. For example, on weekends you do not need to tick. ;)

So, the timer ticks on weekends too, even if there are no quotes on those days? Not checked yet, thanks for the hint)).

tol64:
That is, the timer is ticking on weekends even if there are no quotes on those days? Not checked yet, thanks for the hint)).

In contrast to the tick handler, the timer will be executed after a certain period of time, set by the period.

In heavy timer processing it is of course better to disable it for a time by slip or to first tick (there are a lot of variants), but if timer processing is not very heavy and period is long enough timer can be disabled.

Also in the timer processing you can provide a check on whether it is a working day or not.

If necessary, you can schedule heavy calculations for the weekend (for example, auto-optimizationof EA) and run this process from the timer. At the end of the calculations (or at the beginning of calculations), the timer can be correctly disabled.