MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester and MQL5 Cloud Network - page 11

Mal4iwka:
Is it possible to use agents from the Cloud Network now? I already see these agents in the terminal, but I can't use them.

Not yet, we haven't launched the system yet.

Stay tuned.

Is there any way to disable this Cloud Network, but I'm sick of it, when I go to the Agents tab, the terminal hangs for 15-20 seconds and you can't do anything on it.

The latest build, Windows XP.

Is it up and running yet? Or did I miss it all, the optimization is going Raza times faster!)

figa:

Is there any way to disable this Cloud Network, because it is annoying, when you switch to the Agents tab, the terminal hangs for 15-20 seconds, and you can't do anything on it.

This has already been fixed in the current build.

gumgum:
Is it already up and running? Or did I miss it, it's much faster to optimize!)
Cloud is already in beta-testing mode and will go public in the next build.

It works (partly) !

To check, ran optimization from the ballpark for five options, all ticks. Thus, Cloud has downloaded all available history (since 1993) for 12 pairs on agents' servers (~25MB per symbol), although the optimization period was 8 months last year.

I wonder if it will always be like this or am I so lucky? Couldn't wait for the end, Cloud agents were busy.

Second pass, left only one symbol trading, OHLC on M1, genetic algorithm, ~ 8 million variants, agents came alive, but only Cloud Europe and Cloud USA count, the other 3 are in busy state. History was not downloaded, optimization period was the same.

Now hangs after 424 passes.

P.S.: Read the post, disabled the hung agents, and the optimization went on. But only Europe remained.

Cloud is still in a state of initial testing, so not everything works. Wait for the next build, please.

I will make my own observations about testing through Cloud:

1) Observed test process freezing due to "busy" in Cloud. But the snag is that it was full enumeration of parameters, not genetic optimization. So, in theory, there shouldn't have been a halt. Although, perhaps, optimization was coming to its end and it was at the last runs that it happened, then everything can be explained;

2) I test not on MetaQuotes server and Cloud Singapore always return No history. Others often return run-time error, though no errors on local agents;

3) Wresting your agent from the cloud is not as easy as you'd like - an error is returned that the agent is busy with another terminal (which is natural), and then lots of reconnects. Although, if you say that for some time 100% (assuming the agent won't take tasks from the cloud other than those already in progress) you can wrestle your agents away without interfering with the testing process - then that's OK.

Looking forward to the next build

Renat:

This has already been fixed in the current build.

Cloud is already in beta test mode and will go public in the next build.

It is NOT fixed! Each login to "Agents" tab, if more than 100 seconds passed after previous one, is accompanied by long wait (about 30 seconds) and no response from the terminal.

Build 463. XP SP3, 32. Single core processor. I've never noticed it on a dual core processor...

Ashes:

NOT fixed! Every login to the "Agents" tab, if more than 100 seconds have passed since the previous one, is accompanied by a long wait (about 30 seconds) and no response from the terminal.

Build 463. XP SP3, 32. Single core processor. I've never noticed it on a dual core processor...

It used to happen on dual core as well, seems to have disappeared now.

Some of my remote agents report "no history" error during single testing and optimization. This also applies to agents from MQL5 Cloud Network (during optimization). I am attaching a log file of agents.

During a single test, you can see that the CopyHigh() and CopyLow() functions are unable to obtain history data (Per=45, see the log file).

if(CopyHigh(Symbol(),0,0,Per,h)<Per || CopyLow(Symbol(),0,0,Per,l)<Per)
     {
      Print("OnInit: Can't copy history data!");
      return;
     }

This situation is not observed on all agents, some perform the test without an error (192.168.0.35 passes and 192.168.0.33 fails, see the log file). On local agents testing and optimizing always passes with no error. MT5 build 463 (all agents of this version).

Reason: