MetaTrader 5 and MetaTrader 4 - page 6

C-4:

Most likely it is about tick generation mode. Apparently, your Expert Advisor is using the ineffectiveness of MT5 in tick generation and this has caused such a result. If you make dozens of deals per day, then just run it on a demo for a couple of weeks and compare the results with the same period on the MT5 backtest. However, a demo is not a real, I'm afraid the lack of real delays on the demo may not justifiably inflate the results, besides, not every broker filters the demo quotes stream. In any case, a 1-2 tick change in the quote stream is fatal for your TS, so the TS is a priori dead in principle.

1. "Apparently your Expert Advisor takes advantage of the inefficiency of MT5 tick generation". I have been told by everyone (including moderators) in the thread that mt5 generates ticks most adequately and accurately.

I repeat: I cannot accept and understand the mirror-opposite results

of tests at mt5 and mt4 on a 10 year interval

(tested from 1 min to 60 min bars with takes and stops at times times the size of the spreads)

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте - Документация по MQL5

xds:

1. "Apparently your Expert Advisor is taking advantage of the inefficiency of MT5 tick generation". I have been told by everyone (including moderators) in the thread that mt5 generates ticks most adequately and accurately.

I repeat: I cannot accept and understand the mirror-opposite results

of tests on mt5 and mt4 at 10 year interval

(tested from 1 min to 60 min bars with takeovers and stops at times times the size of the spreads)

that's the speed... still in deep contemplation of the monitor? you could have already double-checked what and why.

sergeev:

that's the speed... still in deep contemplation of the monitor? you could have already double-checked what and why.

Don't bother the man - he wants to make a quick buck and you are forcing him to look into the details.

Renat:
Do not bother the man - he wants to make a quick buck and you are forcing him to look into the details.

Laugh, laugh, laugh.

What else can you do if you can't announce it yourself?

You probably know the answer, but it's inadmissible for official publication.

Company policy doesn't allow

sergeev:

Tried it.

Can't figure it out yet.

Tell me, is Renat always patronizing newcomers?

He probably forgot how he started or just woke up a genius methaquot?

Does he nervously ban those who disagree with him?

xds, one piece of advice. Sit down with a pencil and paper and take apart the stats of two EAs step by step on a random sample. If prices and profits/losses are identical, then it really is poltergeist. And to accuse others of not wanting to help, when the drowning man's salvation is at least strange.

And in general, in the tests presented by you the second deal is already very different between EAs:

MT4: 3 2000.01.03 00:29 sell 2 0.10 1.00870 1.01020 1.00770

10 2000.01.03 00:52 s/l 2 0.10 1.00948 1.00770 -7.80

MT5: 2000.01.03 00:30 4 EURUSD sell at 0.10 1.00880 4 0.00 0.00 0.00 99 985.00

2000.01.03 00:45 5 EURUSD buy out 0.10 1.00780 5 0.00 0.00 10.00 99 995.00tp 1.00780

This is obviously not a coincidence of experts' logic. Apparently, the TP level of mt4 was not reached. We need to see why it didn't work with MT4 and worked with MT5.

Yedelkin:
Don't test it with them!!! I told you clearly, Alpari's story is still full of holes.

I do not agree, I repeat: you need to test where you opened a real account, why do I need "nice" quotes, left brokerage companies? They do not have the right brokerage! They do not have the right brokerage!

I'm amazed, is the author of this thread a complete imbecile or what? The author could have done it a long time ago (at least the free test period for a couple of weeks) and forget about it for a couple of weeks, and then run in the tester and compare the accuracy of deals in the tester (mt4,mt5) and in the demo. I think the author cannot mentally accept that his EA is losing. I have a grail in MT5 too but I have installed it on demo and it is pouring out of buckets.

marker:

I'm amazed, is the author of this thread a complete imbecile or what? The author could have done it a long time ago (at least the free test period for a couple of weeks) and forget about it for a couple of weeks, and then run in the tester and compare the accuracy of deals in the tester (mt4,mt5) and in the demo. I think the author cannot mentally accept that his EA is losing. I have a grail in MT5 too, but I have installed it on demo and it pours like a bucket.

But do not call others "imbeciles".

We all have our own reasons for certain actions.

marker:

I do not agree, I repeat, I have to test it in a place where I opened a real account, why do I need "nice" quotes from brokerage companies? If we do not have a clear view on the market, we will try to find the right broker who will do the right thing.

I think that they have already opened a real MT5 account?

If we are talking about a new trading complex (in our case MT5) then it is better to test the strategy on developer's hardware and then look for a proper brokerage company.

Don't you think so?

marker:

I'm amazed, is the author of this thread a complete imbecile or what? The author could have done it a long time ago (at least the free test period for a couple of weeks) and forget about it for a couple of weeks, and then run in the tester and compare the veracity of the deals in the tester (mt4,mt5) and in the demo. I think the author cannot mentally accept that his EA is losing. I have a grail in MT5 too but I have installed it on demo and it pours like a pig out of a bucket.

I will answer to the imbecile

1. The market has completely broken down for this EA since 2008 and mt5 and mt4 tests for it in the tester are flying down with an axe. There is no difference. It may well be a temporary breakdown.

2. what is vpc? i don't know.

3. ....

Reason: