In MT5 do I have to pay an extra spread relative to MT4? - page 5

Andrei01:
Yeah, the spread just exists by itself in outer space and no one has ever seen when or where it's subtracted. :)
May I ask who deducts the spread?

Reshetov:

As a result, I had to learn a different kind of maths, completely alien to me, so that I wouldn't have to beat my teachers' faces in for counting fractions incorrectly.

It's a long way from fractions, it's first grade arithmetic - either add two ones or three. :)

Andrei01, will you listen to what people tell you?

the five of them are already showing the failure of your idea, but you still don't believe it.

obscurantism. :)

Integer:
There are options. In MT4 we can simply close (we will pay one spread), we can open a sell, and then we have two options: to execute a counter-close (we will pay one spread in total), this action is similar to closing a counter-order in MT5. The second option is to close two orders one by one, each by itself.

If the spread is calculated by the lot size of an open position, then the closing does not play any role. The opposite order just saves one command instead of two - first close, then open.

There are no fools in DCs to be fooled by this and take an extra spread.

Mischek:
May I ask who deducts the spread?
Well, open a deal in the demo at least once and see how it is subtracted and from where. I have also deducted it, I have not invented anything new here. :)

Andrei01:
I've explained the times above.

Watch what you write:

MT4: Entry 1 lot buy (1 spread), t=00.00
+ second entry 1 lot Sell (1 spread), t=00.30 +from this moment we have two opposite entries, i.e. 0
close Sell, t=01.00 + close Buy, (one spread for Buy, one spread for Sell)
t=02.00.Here, almost open and close (but not in the best way) .One trade (or two, depending on how you look at it).

MT5: entry 1 lot buy (1 spread), t=00.00 +
entry in 2 lots sell (1 spread), t=00.30 +and here from the same moment we have a sell 1
buy 2 lots buy entry (1 spread), t=01.00 +now we have buy 1
close buy, t=02.00 now closed. Here we have three spreads because first we open buy, then we close it, then we open sell, then we close sell, then we open buy, then we close buy. There are three trades here.

Not identical cases are being compared. Instead of arguing, standing your ground, you would do better to think about it.

Andrei01:
Well, open a trade in the demo at least once and see how it is subtracted and from where. So it's deducted for me too, I haven't invented anything new here. :)
You're arguing for nothing, Mishek is absolutely right with this definition of the spread.

Integer:

Instead of arguing, standing your ground, you would do better to think about it.

Does he need to? He has his own opinion and his own personal arithmetic. And he has no intention of giving up. He doesn't give a damn about your arguments and evidence.

Integer:
You are arguing for nothing, Mishek is absolutely right with this definition of the spread.

Andrei01, don't listen to them. Act like Lobachevsky, i.e. keep insisting that your arithmetic is the correct one.

Really, why are you picking on the guy? The spread is deducted when opening a position. He saw it with his own eyes. Now you can't convince him that the earth is round and that it spins.

Integer:

Watch what you write:

MT4: Entry 1 lot buy (1 spread), t=00.00
+ second entry 1 lot Sell (1 spread), t=00.30 +from this point on, there are two opposite entries in the market, i.e. 0
close sell, t=01.00 + close buy, (one spread for buy, one spread for sell)
t=02.00.Here, almost opened and closed (but not in the best way). One trade.

MT5: entry 1 lot buy (1 spread), t=00.00 +
entry in 2 lots sell (1 spread), t=00.30 +and here we have 1 sell from the same moment
buy 2 lots buy entry (1 spread), t=01.00 +now we have buy 1
close buy, t=02.00 now closed. Here we have three spreads because first we open buy, then we close it, then we open sell, then we close sell, then we open buy, then we close buy. There are three trades here.

Not identical cases are being compared. Instead of arguing, standing your ground, you would do better to think about it.

Netting does not mean that at every point in time you must keep the same, but only at the final point in time when you close. Otherwise how will you make a profit (say) on a short-term sell trade like in MT4 if there is nothing in the market? This is only how it is suggested that you can make a profit on both long and short term trades.
Reason: