MetaTrader 5 and MetaTrader 4

My EA in MT5 is making a profit

When I transfer it to MT4 it's at a loss

What is the problem?

1. Incorrect code in mt4

2. Incorrect mt5 code

3. other

Programmer says mt5 is translated into mt4 completely and without errors...

xds:

My EA in MT5 is making a profit

When I transfer it to MT4 it's at a loss

What is the problem?

is this data from the tester?

There is only one way out - compare by order. where in, where out.

and set up the condition printouts when opening.

sergeev 2011.01.21 10:54 2011.01.21 10:54:40

this is the data from the tester?

there is only one way out - compare by order. where in, where out.

and set up the conditions printouts at the opening.

Yes, this data is from the tester

All ticks

Minutes

xds:

Yes, that's the data from the teeter-totter.

All ticks

Minutes

then it is logical to assume that a pipsetter is written...

check every trade,

when you see the difference between the generation of ticks in mt4 and mt5, then you will understand why there are such differences.

sergeev:

then it is logical to assume that a pipsator is written...

check every trade,

when you see the difference between the generation of ticks in mt4 and mt5, then you will understand why there are such differences

Yes it's a pips.

But the most important thing is what will happen in real trading on mt4 and mt5

Logically, ticks are ticks. They are alone on the broker's server.

Or does mt4 trade differently in reality than mt5?

Which one (mt5 or mt4) most correctly displays the situation in the tester check only the real account?

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете - Документация по MQL5

xds:

Who (mt5 or mt4) most correctly displayed the situation in the tester will only check the real account?

It would be truer to say that MT5 trades differently than MT4. It follows from the fact that MT5 and MT4 implement completely different logics of working with positions (trades).

Within the strategy, which was automated, most likely both EAs will "correctly" display the situation (of course, within the limits of the logic, which is laid down in the terminal).

Yes it's a pips.

But the most important thing is what will happen in real trading on mt4 and mt5

Logically, a tick is a tick. They are alone on the broker's server.

To be precise, MT5 started trading with SUPERPOSITION (so called netting).

In real trading you either have to create a universal strategy (that takes into account the logic of both terminals) or hope for a more or less acceptable result on a large series of trades.

To Interesting

That's not what you're saying, don't confuse people!

The question is not about netting logic. but about the difference in profits. The tester was written by a programmer, and he knows what he is talking about.

Therefore:
xds:

But the most important thing that will happen in real trading on mt4 and mt5
Logically, ticks are ticks. They are alone on the broker's server
Who (mt5 or mt4) is the most correct in the tester will only check the real account?

The Ticks that are generated by the Strategy Tester have NOTHING to do with reality, neither in MT4 nor in MT5.

The history on the server of brokerage company is stored ONLY in BARA. What mt4 that mt5. The most important thing is that you will have a real trading robot.

But you can use both MT4 and MT5 to test the real account. I'm not going to try it, I'm going to try it with a real account. I'm writing an approximate one, as your profit will also depend on the tick provider.

Interesting:

It would be better to say that MT5 trades differently than MT4. It follows from the fact that MT5 and MT4 implement completely different logics of working with positions (deals).

Within a strategy that was automated both EAs will most likely "correctly" reflect the situation (of course, within the limits of the logic that is laid down in the terminal).

To be precise, MT5 started trading with SUPERPOSITION (so-called netting).

In real trading you either have to create a universal strategy (that takes into account the logics of both terminals) or hope for a more or less acceptable result on a large series of trades.

I.e. conclusions are all the same:

1. maybe the code is not reliable

2. the strategy is not reliable and cannot be coded to get the results i need on mt4 and mt5 at the same time

3. probably pp. 1 и 2

sergeev:

to Interesting

That's not what you're writing about, don't confuse people!!!

The question is not about netting logic. but about the difference in profits. The expert was written by a programmer, and he understands what he is talking about.

Maybe, I won't argue (especially not knowing what TC is all about). But in my opinion the differences I have described are also quite significant.

Also we should consider a certain limitation of the MT4 tester (when trading on several TFs and several instruments).

I am completely agree that only the test at current quotes is able to show more or less acceptable results.

sergeev:

to Interesting

You're writing about the wrong article, do not confuse people!

The question is not about netting logic. but about the difference in profits. The tester was written by a programmer, and he knows what he is talking about.

Therefore:

The Ticks that are generated by the Strategy Tester have NOTHING to do with reality, neither in MT4 nor in MT5.

The history on the server of brokerage company is stored ONLY in BARA. What mt4 that mt5. So you need to test your expert Advisor ONLY in real quotes, because even demo quotes are far from real.

But you can use both MT4 and MT5 to test it on the real account. They show about the same result. I'm writing an approximate one, because your profit will also depend on the supplier of ticks.

If you have a REAL account, then why do you need testers at all?

2. "History is stored in bars". Then for minutes that would mean "All ticks" . There are no lower TFs

Interesting:

Maybe, I won't argue (especially not knowing what TC is all about). But in my opinion the differences I described are also quite significant.

Also, one should take into account a certain limitation of MT4 tester (when trading on several TFs and several instruments).

I agree that only the test at current quotes is able to show more or less acceptable results.

The test on real quotes is real trading with real money. To get reliable data about profitability of the selected TS we will have to trade like this for a year or two.

Or maybe I do not understand something?

Reason: