Is it possible to implement a RELIABLE accounting of the aggregate position structure in MT5? - page 23

fwiq >> :

Well done! Now let them try to say that the two accounting systems cannot be combined - this is a good example. Well, now let's wait for more excuses from the developers, if they don't just ignore them.

This is a prime example of nothing at all. It's nothing. That's why developers will not respond to it.

It turns out that MT4 can calculate equity for each instrument separately, what a joy. And 2*2=4, raging fits of joy.

timbo писал(а) >>

This is a prime example of nothing at all. An empty space. Which is why the developers will not respond to it.

Turns out in MT4 you can calculate equity on each instrument separately, what a joy. And 2*2=4, raging fits of joy.

It is very informative. A lot of arguments, all of them well explain the point of view and substantiate it from different angles. Thank you very much, I will learn to articulate the same way.

Pictures will make it easier to understand!

If it's easy, you have to work out the examples! Don't we?

Here's a situation we all know and understand

(specific numbers don't matter.)

First of all we need to find out where

1) Open, SL and TP at Tx2

2) Open, SL and TP at Tx3 .

Let's plot them on the graph and then move on :)

I ask people who know these levels to calculate them (with the appropriate formulas)

avtomat >> :

I ask knowledgeable people to calculate these levels (with appropriate formulas)

All formulas are here.

I don't want to make a mistake :) That's why I'm asking you to calculate the proposed example.

Look at the GetSymbolOpenPrice function in this script.

avtomat >> :

The first thing to do is to work out where

1) Open, SL and TP at Tx2

It's more important to figure out where your equity will be.

Tx1 sold 5 figs at 610, i.e. you have a debt of 5 figs and 610*5=3050 money. If you buy everything back right now, you'll spend all the money to pay off the debt of 5 figs. Equity 0.

Tx2 sold 3 more figs and got 570 for it. Total your debt is 8 figs and you have 3050+3*570=4760 money available. If you cover your debt right now, you'll pay 8*570=4560, so you'll get 4760-4560=200 profit. If you feel like it, you can calculate an average opening price of 4760/8=595. They don't make any sense.

Tx3 sold 1 more fig at 490. Total your debt is 9 figs and you have 4760+1*490=5250 money available. If you cover your debt right now, you'll pay 9*490=4410, i.e. you get 5250-4410=840 profit. If you feel like it, you can calculate an average opening price of 5250/9=583,33333. They do not make any sense.

Stop and profit at each step will be where you put them, ie TP will be first 450, then 440, then 430. Stop in the same way. These levels are also meaningless, as they don't affect the market in any way. Closing at stop or profit - is a sign of an imperfect trading system, we should close by the market.

timbo >> :

It is more important to understand where your equity will be.

Check out the GetEquity function in this script.

Close on stop or profit is a sign of an imperfect trading system, you should close according to the market.

Justify.

getch >> :

Look at the GetEquity function in this script.

Why? I've already given my opinion on this script - it's a useless toy. It means nothing and proves nothing.

>> :

Justify.

You have to analyse the market and not your own greed level. TS should be based on market factors, your personal SL and TP are not. You have to buy and sell when the system thinks the conditions are ripe for that, not when you've earned enough money for beer, or when you're greedy enough to look at the drawdown.

Separately we can talk about possible problems with loss of connection to the DC server or an emergency stop, which will stop the maddening TS, but these are all force majeure measures, and they should not be part of the TS.

timbo писал(а) >>

It's more important to understand where your equity will be.

Tx1 sold 5 crap at 610, so you have a debt of 5 crap and 610*5=3050 money. If you buy everything back right now, you'll spend all the money to pay off the debt of 5 figs. Equity 0.

Tx2 sold 3 more figs and got 570 for it. Total your debt is 8 figs and you have 3050+3*570=4760 money available. If you cover your debt right now, you'll pay 8*570=4560, so you'll get 4760-4560=200 profit. If you feel like it, you can calculate an average opening price of 4760/8=595. They don't make any sense.

Tx3 sold 1 more fig at 490. Total your debt is 9 figs and you have 4760+1*490=5250 money available. If you cover your debt right now, you'll pay 9*490=4410, i.e. you get 5250-4410=840 profit. If you feel like it, you can calculate an average opening price of 5250/9=583,33333. They do not make any sense.

Stop and profit at each step will be where you put them, ie TP will be first 450, then 440, then 430. Stop in the same way. These levels are also meaningless, as they don't affect the market in any way. Closing at stop or profit - is a sign of an imperfect trading system, we should close according to the market.

A very interesting approach :) where everything makes no sense...

However, the bottom line is:

1) at time Tx2 Open=595.00, SL=630, TP=440

2) at time Tx3 Open=583.33, SL=540, TP=430

Right? I did not make a mistake anywhere? Can I mark on the graph?

Reason: