Errors, bugs, questions - page 337

Poke your nose in - what period of history is available to test expert BEFORE test start date (let's assume that there is a history of the symbol since 1993, and the test starts on 01.01.2010)? I couldn't find it in the help

notused:
Show me, please, what period of history is available to the Expert Advisor prior to the start date of testing (assuming that the symbol has its history from 1993, and the test starts on 01.01.2010)? I couldn't find it in the help

See "MetaTrader 5 Help → Tester → Settings" in the Help section of the terminal

Interval

In this field, you can select the testing and optimization period. You can either select one of the predefined periods or specify your own. To do this you should enter the start and the end date in the corresponding fields located to the right.

The peculiarity is that the tester loads some additional data before the specified period (to form at least 100 bars). This is necessary for more accurate testing and optimization. For example, when testing on the weekly timeframe, two additional years are loaded.

If there is not enough history data to form additional 100 bars (it is especially relevant for monthly and weekly timeframes), for example, if you select the testing start date close to the start of existing history data, the testing start date will be automatically moved. A corresponding entry about this will be displayed in the strategy tester journal.

Rosh:

Thank you, Rosh!

The styler broke my lines of code!

Before him.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                      ProjectName |
//|                                      Copyright 2010, CompanyName |
//|                                       http://www.companyname.net |
"\\\""
           "СТИЛ # [ ]ИЗАТОР ПОЛ %ОМАЛ М *ОЮ ПРОГР %АМ ( ) У"
"\""

After.

//|                                                      ProjectName |
//|                                      Copyright 2010, CompanyName |
//|                                       http://www.companyname.net |
"\\\""
           "СТИЛ #[]ИЗАТОР ПОЛ%ОМАЛ М *ОЮ ПРОГР%АМ() У"
"\""

Why did it remove spaces in the lines? Bug or a bug?

It looks like the quotation mark isn't escaped by a slash for him.

input string IniFile=".\\MQL5\\Experts\\fdgdfdsg.ini";

#include <dsgdsg.mqh>
#include <Trade\trade.mqh> 
#include <IniFile.mqh>     //Для чего подсвечивать это?
Bug or bug?

Rosh:

... You can select either one of the predefined periods or specify your own. ...

7134956:
Bug or a bug?
As far as I remember, all input variables are highlighted in the colour specified. Check it yourself. Or is it a different question?

7134956:
Bug or a bug?
The compiler always highlights the input parameters. But why make the variable name and the file name the same?

7134956:

The styler broke the lines in my code!

Why did it remove spaces in the lines? Bug or a bug?

It looks like the quotation mark is not escaped by a slash.

There's a lot in Help and Reference. Will this answer work? -MetaEditor / Program Development / Working with source code / Styler:

Spaces and blank lines

Removing unnecessary whitespace characters allows to compact the code, thus improving its perception. The styler also replaces each tab character with three space characters, this is to avoid possible distortion of the code formatting when it is opened in a third-party program.

And so on.

Interesting:
The compiler always highlights the input parameters. But why should the variable name and the file name be the same?
Input variables should be highlighted, but after #include it is no longer a variable but the actual file name. The highlighting engine must be improved ;-)
Reason: