Errors, bugs, questions - page 2241

Alexey Viktorov:

Do you think you can say anything based on that? Yeah, well...

Yes, if you're interested in the question, but the logic of my indicator is unclear, I've laid out the code, you can add an unwind...

But the problem is obvious, time[] in time series doesn't correspond to server time, information like: "To get server time on a price chart, don't forget to consider GMT offset..." I don't see it in help, so I'm asking

if somebody can explain why in MQL5 the time series time[] does not correspond to the server time?

Konstantin:

Why do connectors need to open the files themselves if all the logic is outside, call the required functionality from OnInit in an external program to initialise

How does it follow that all the logic is moved outside? You should first carefully read the previous answer. And I do not understand the meaning of your questions? What do they have to do with specific errors I've touched upon? I know how to get around this or that error without you. I am interested in proposals on confirmation/reproduction to ensure that the Developers accepted the request for work and in the future the error will not occur again in another place or in another form

Igor Makanu:
int OnInit()
  {
   SetIndexBuffer(0,DB,INDICATOR_DATA);
   ArraySetAsSeries( DB, true );
   lastdayclose=-1;
   F0=1;
   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
  }

You're welcome.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

You're welcome.

I must have forgotten that in MQL5 it is better to setArraySetAsSeries() in indicators by yourself than guess where and what the indicator has calculated

The most annoying thing is that I've read it and it seems to be clear, but it's written in the same way:

Returned value

Returns true if the specified array has the AS_SERIES flag, i.e. the array is accessed backwards like in timeseries. A timeseries differs from a regular array in that the elements of a timeseries are indexed from the end of the array to the beginning (the most recent data to the oldest).

Note

To check if an array belongs to a timeseries, use the ArrayIsSeries() function. Arrays of price data passed as input parameters to OnCalculate() do not necessarily have the same indexing direction as timeseries. The required indexing direction can be set with ArraySetAsSeries().

It looks very much like translation from "Hindu" into Russian, and it seems unclear, but you're reading it in a different language

Thank you!

Igor Makanu:

I must have forgotten that in MQL5 it's better to set ArraySetAsSeries() in indicators independently, than to guess where and what the indicator has calculated

The most annoying thing is that I've read the help, and everything seems clear, but its writing style:

It looks very much like the translation from "Hindu" into Russian, and it's not like it's in Russian

Thank you!

You don't have to set the timeseries flag, but if you want to write the indicators in the same way as in mql4, you have to set all buffers and arrays to timeseries.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

You don't need to set timeseries flag, but if you want to write indicators in the same way as in mql4, all buffers and arrays should be set to timeseries.

The developers have a dialectic approach: on the one hand, the help warns that

Arrays of price data passed to OnCalculate() as input parameters don't necessarily have indexing direction like in timeseries.

On the other hand, copying timeseries via CopyClose() etc. also requires check if the history is prepared... There is a lot of programmer work to access to OHLC history data, there are many pitfalls in the transition from MQL4 to MQL5.

All in all I've been watching MQL5 for many years, and I've forced myself to switch to MQL%.... several times I used to have an opinion that MQL5 was a logical continuation of MQL4. The developers always write that they made another work on the convergence (transition?) of the two languages, but all I see is a completely different programming language - all they have in common is C++ syntax

But as a result the kodobase in general looks like a hodgepodge of MQL4=MQL5 codes and vice versa ))))

A100:
Where does it follow that all the logic is out there? You should first read carefully the previous answer. And the point of your questions is not clear? What do they have to do with specific errors that I have touched upon? I know how to get around this or that error without you. I am interested in proposals on confirmation/reproduction to ensure that the Developers accepted the request for work and in the future the error will not occur again in another place or in another form

)))) I gave you advice as your requests have turned into a rigid requirement through every message, send a request to service-desk and wait, why start an unnecessary discussion here

Hello, I bought an EA from you, "turtle" and it's not working in standalone mode, ???

darkangel8733:

Hello, I bought an EA from you, "turtle" and it's not working in standalone mode, ???

Questions should be addressed to the seller from whom you bought the Expert Advisor on the page of discussion of this product, not on the forum.

Konstantin:

)))) I gave you a piece of advice as your requests have turned into a rigid requirement through every message, send a request to service-desk and wait, there is no need to start an unnecessary discussion here

The demand was only one thing - to help, not hinder. If you think the discussion is unnecessary then don't join it... It is not for you to decide (necessary/unnecessary) - that's what the Administration and moderators are for
Reason: