What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 48

and I would also like to hear your expert opinion, with confirmation or refutation of my words and evidence...

Make full support for all indicators and advisors from MT4, it is the only brake on the transition. Do as many plushies as you like - no one needs them, it is MT4 products support in MT5 that is needed.

xxz:

and I would also like to hear your expert opinion, with confirmation or denial of my words and evidence...

I support ;-) someone yesterday remembered saying that "words only, but when it comes to action...". Waiting for an answer gentlemen. The puck is now on your side...

Elsky1313 Эльский:
Make full support for all indicators and advisors from MT4, it's the only brake on the transition. Make as many plushies as you want, no one needs them, we just need the support of MT4 products in MT5.

Exactly. But they don't want to hear that. Apparently in their opinion this is the 'wrong answer'. But the customers here are Us. And there are enough proposals on the market ... Our competitors aren't sleeping, they will quickly come up with an alternative, if they suddenly drive us away from MT ...

Elsky1313 Эльский:
Make full support for all indicators and EAs from MT4, this is the only brake on the transition. Do as many plushies as you want, no one needs them, it is MT4 product support in MT5 that is needed.

In most cases, translating indicators from one language to another is not that difficult, really, if you wrote them yourself and know their execution logic...

xxz:

In most cases, it's not too difficult to translate indicators from one language to another, if you have written them yourself and know their execution logic...

But the user will find it much more practical, if everything works perfectly as it is (without translating, rewriting) :)

Makar Anoshin:

Exactly. But they don't want to hear that. Apparently in their opinion this is the 'wrong answer'. But the customers here are Us. And there are enough offers on the market ... The competitors do not doze off, they will quickly come up with an alternative if we are suddenly driven away by MT...

They have the same attitude, it wouldn't be hard for them to interpret one language into another, knowing the guts of both platforms, but they don't want to... the question is why...

xxz:

They have the same stance here, it wouldn't be too hard for them to interpret one language into the other knowing the guts of both platforms, but they don't want to... the whole question is why...

The whole question is why. The formal attitude is the opposite position: MT4 program support in MT5, the latter will be filled with tons of g...code. Maybe they want to make professionals out of people and help them understand that "under-codes" shouldn't pollute a clean terminal? Who here determines which code is G and which is not, is unknown, but if you do not accept the A for what it is, then probably your code is G.))

Somewhere that logic slips through, or am I wrong?))

I think the five needs all, but not all at once... )))

Реter Konow:

The formal attitude is the opposite: - supporting MT4 programs in MT5, will fill the latter with tons of g...code. Maybe they want to make professionals out of people and help them understand that "under-codes" should not pollute a clean terminal? Who here determines which code is G and which is not, is unknown, but if you do not accept the A for what it is, then probably your code is G.))

Somewhere that logic slips through, or am I wrong?))

I think the five needs all, but not all at once... )))

and I think it's a veiled nudge of people into the market, we have confused and complicated everything so that without a glass in the arms of a professional you can't figure it out, and if so there's no reason for you to go where you shouldn't go buy from the market...

xxz:

I think this is a veiled push to get people into the market, we've made it so complicated and confusing that you can't figure it out without a glass in the arms of a professional, and since you don't have to go where you shouldn't, go buy it from the market...

Surely the whole point of the transition to MT5 as conceived by the developers was this. So it's not about G-code. If you want to protect MQL5 language from the G.Code you call it, go ahead... And reading mql4 programs in MT5 will hardly affect the purity of programs written in mql5. Simply, if mtshnik 5 will read mql4, then no one will just write in mql5 and therefore no one will buy programs via Market... Why? If a program can read mql4, which is more convenient for everybody?

I think thats why developers are against introducing such a thing in MT5... But the years are ticking away and MT5 is the only way to get many people to buy it... There is no other way. They haven't switched to MT5 in so many years... they're unlikely to do so in a year or two... unless, of course, they make concessions.

Reason: