Errors, bugs, questions - page 2236

Hello, I bought an EA "turtle" for MT5 from you, but it shows only signals and does not trade itself, maybe I did something wrong, although I have not changed anything in the settings and the checkbox"allow automatic trading" is enabled. Why does automatic trading not work?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MetaTrader 5 trading platform made available to AMP Futures clients

fxsaber, 2018.07.23 21:03

Due to tick size it is not possible to open a position on some symbols.

The screenshot shows that the spread and prices are not multiples of TickSize

This results in a bummer on Terminal side (OrderCheck) (including manual mode). Adjust OrderCheck behaviour for such cases!

fxsaber:
The Expert log is 15 GB. Attempting to view it in Terminal causes it to hang for more than a minute.

Terminal uses WinAPI functions when working with files, which within its architecture read the whole file from disk.
If you need to work with part of file - use WinAPI for mapping file into memory.

Stanislav Korotky:
In general, it's not clear why I have to go through the file for writing, when only read separation is required?

Do you want a check or drive?

Alexey Viktorov:

Do you want to check or drive?

I need to be able to drive straight away - without parsing non-obvious nuances.

Now another question arises - if developers fix this bug in accordance with semantics of how flags of the same name work in WinApi, the current "crutch" will stop working.

Stanislav Korotky:

I need to be able to drive straight away - without parsing non-obvious nuances.

Now another question arises - if developers fix this bug according to the semantics of how flags of the same name work in WinApi, the current "crutch" will stop working.

If they do, your code will not work at all because of the flag 0 at bool writing = false;

FILE_READ|FILE_BIN|FILE_SHARE_READ|(writing?(FILE_WRITE|FILE_SHARE_WRITE):0)

Alexey Viktorov:

If corrected, your code won't work at all because of the 0 flag when bool writing = false;

why? )

Sergey Dzyublik:

When working with files, the terminal uses WinAPI functions, which within its architecture read the whole file from disk.
If you need to work with part of file - use WinAPI for mapping file into memory.

It is necessary that the terminal does not freeze while working.

Alexey Viktorov:

If corrected, your code won't work at all because of flag 0 with bool writing = false;

You are on fire. ;-)

fxsaber:

Wrote a test script for this case. Caught NoPrice 64 seconds after the last tick arrived. Perhaps a minute timeout is indeed worthwhile. I'm going to have to check...

Some characters have a timeout on them, some don't. How do I know the maximum age of the tick that OrderSend can still pick up (no [No price])?