Errors, bugs, questions - page 2779

Nikolai Semko:

Do I understand correctly that not only Set methods are asynchronous, but also Get?

You have already been answered this question, but from your words you don't need "academic narratives"...
Will you make up your mind there or what?

Sergey Dzyublik:

You have already been answered this question, but from your words, you don't need "academic narratives"...
Will you make up your mind there or what?

I didn't say that and I didn't mean it.
I'm learning and trying to figure it out. I'm trying to match practice with theory.
I understood from Renat's message that both Set and Get methods are in the transactional queue. So, in essence, they are asynchronous. Did I get it wrong?

Anyway, I have long noticed asynchronous behavior of Get functions and I've been reasoning about it for more than two years.

Nikolai Semko:

In this case, Slava was righthere, when he talked about asynchrony of ChartXYToTimePrice method? After all, ChartXYToTimePrice method most likely refers to Get methods.

If you do not understand the essence of what you are narrating, then there is no need to make up things you have not been told.

Sergey Dzyublik:

If you don't understand the essence of what you are narrating, then there is no need to make up things you haven't been told.

I'm asking everywhere. I have a question mark.
Once again, I want to get to the bottom of this. This thread is called ".... questions"
Eko I've got your ego hooked :))

Nikolai Semko:

I ask everywhere. I have a question mark.
Once again, I want to figure it out. This thread is called ".... questions".

As I understand it - Get are synchronous, as they return the requested result. But if you have asynchronous Set in the queue, you have to synchronise with them.

If there are only Get queue, there is no delay.

Nikolai Semko:

I ask everywhere. I have a question mark.
Once again, I want to figure it out. This thread is called ".... questions".

Your question is incorrect as it contains an assertion of something that was not narrated:

That said, Slava was right here when he talked about the asynchrony of the ChartXYToTimePrice method? After all, ChartXYToTimePrice method refers most likely to Get methods.

Reminded me of "Carlson":

- I said, answer yes or no! You can always answer yes or no to a simple question, I don't think it's hard! - wailed Freken Bock.
- Imagine, it is difficult," Carlson intervened.
- I'm going to ask you a simple question and you'll see for yourself. Listen, have you stopped drinking cognac in the morning, answer yes or no?
Freken Bock was out of breath, as if she were about to collapse. She wanted to say something, but could not get a word out.

- There you have it," said Carlson triumphantly.
- I repeat my question: have you stopped drinking cognac in the morning?

Nikolai Semko :

I understand correctly, that not only Set methods are asynchronous, but also Get?
Ilyas was wrong here ?
And Slava was right here when he said that ChartXYToTimePrice method is asynchronous? After all, the ChartXYToTimePrice method most likely refers to the Get methods.

The documentation speaks only about asynchronicity of Set methods.

No. Get methods are synchronous but they can be grouped and executed simultaneously, that's why method 1 Get or 100 calls are almost the same.

Set methods are asynchronous, but they can also be grouped for greater efficiency.

Thus it is always better to group 'Set calls together' and 'Get calls together' rather than 'Get / set / get / set / get / set'.

Asynchronous calls are more efficient if the calling thread is not blocked while the function is running, but you will lose these benefits if you mix Get and Set.

Hope this helps in spite of the translation.

Sergey Dzyublik :

If you don't understand the essence of what you're narrating, then there's no need to make up things you haven't been told.

You are very competent, no doubt, but why are you so arrogant and obnoxious? If you are as intelligent as you think you are, you will surely realise that it is in your best interest to improve your behaviour.

This is a very constructive post I am making, I hope you will hear it.

Sergey Dzyublik:

Your question is incorrect as it contains an assertion of something that was not narrated:

Reminds me of Carlson:

Sergei, please don't flatter yourself. If you can answer, answer, if you don't want to, there is no need to assert yourself.

Artyom Trishkin:
Sergei, please don't flood the site. If you can answer - answer, do not want - no need to assert yourself.

Don't roar, I answered it a long time ago:

Callingan asynchronous as ChartSetInteger function from the main thread is fast, since the actual execution takes place in another thread.
On the other hand, a call of a
ChartGetInteger synchronous function will require synchronization of threads and this may require additional time.
The delays are especially noticeable when the parallel thread is constantly updating the chart structure data (for example, when the user moves the chart window or scrolls through the history).

Unfortunately, the output turned out to be not just zero, but negative...

Reason: