Errors, bugs, questions - page 1571

The compiler allows uninitialised constants

void OnStart()
{
        const int i;        //нормально, а должно быть как минимум предупреждение
	const int array[5]; //нормально, а должно быть как минимум предупреждение
        Print( "i=", i, ", j=", array[ 0 ] );
}

A100:

Is there such a thing as a compiler tester? I'm curious, how do you generate all these examples?

I bump into a bug while writing code that I'm going to use in practice. So the bug is found by accident.

But you obviously don't have it. Finding a bug is a goal for you. Is it a hobby? I don't know how to estimate such behavior. I can't imagine myself getting a pleasure out of searching for a bug and reporting it. But there's no doubt that you get inner satisfaction from it. What kind of a cockroach do you have? It's a very interesting type!

Anton Zverev:

Is there such a thing as a compiler tester? I'm curious, how do you generate all these examples?

I bump into a bug while writing code that I'm going to use in practice. So the bug is found by accident.

But you obviously don't have it. Finding a bug is a goal for you. Is it a hobby? I don't know how to estimate such behavior. I can't imagine myself getting a pleasure out of searching for a bug and reporting it. But there's no doubt that you get inner satisfaction from it. What kind of a cockroach do you have? It's a very interesting type!

Taki bugs are found accidentally too, and then the code scheme is cleared and simplified at most for accurate determination of whether it is a bug or programmer's error. Also an experienced programmer can test other methods and means to detect a general bug at the same time.

By the way, it is very good that there are experienced programmers who can find the bug and inform you about it. Otherwise, when you stumble on a bug, you have to wait long time to fix it. (Long=next build)

Vladimir Pastushak:

The bugs are found by accident, and then the code scheme is cleaned up and simplified as much as possible to determine whether it is a bug or a programmer's error.

In A100, it is not accidental, but purposeful. The man really enjoys searching for, finding and publishing bugs. What an interesting person!

I noticed one more interesting person. A completely different one, though. Nikolai Godzilovich or Godzila Nikolaevich, but Monster for sure!

Every day to fecundate kodobase based onthe samealgorithms.mqh. It's hardly clinical. And it doesn't look like a geezer either, otherwise there would be at least something pretending to be original. Also a surprising type, but a strange type, if you know what I mean. I'm wary of them.

Could you watch out for them somewhere else in another thread? Because this thread is about bugs. Thanks.

PS. A100, kudos to you!

Sergei Vladimirov:

Could you watch out for them somewhere else in another thread? Because this thread is about bugs. Thank you.

I'm sorry, I've made a naughty point. A100 is amazing from a non-medical point of view, so its very useful work suggested to lump it together

Anton Zverev:

Make lots of different thin sources in one archive. So that the developers could use it, before they are going to roll out the next buggy build.

Call the archive "lice check". Surely, there are such test variants for different kinds of compilers.

Sergei Vladimirov:

Could you watch out for them somewhere else in another thread? Because this thread is about bugs. Thanks.

PS. A100, kudos to you!

+1. A100 has already found a bunch of bugs here. I personally don't care for what reason he does it - accidentally or purposefully. The main thing is to let him continue.

And Nikolay is good. Every now and then he needs to try something, and his programs come in very handy. They suit all tastes.

Anton Zverev:

With the A100, it's not random, but purposeful. The man really enjoys searching for, finding and publishing the bug. Interesting personality!

I also noticed another interesting personality. A completely different one, though. Nikolai Godzilovich or Godzila Nikolaevich, but Monster for sure!

Every day to fecundate kodobazza based onsmoothalgorithms.mqh. That's hardly a cliché. And it doesn't look like geekery either, otherwise there would be at least something pretending to be original. Also a surprising type, but a strange type, if you know what I mean. I'm wary of those.

I just found a very strange person namedAnton Zverev on the forum today, watching everybody, who's posting what bugs are looking for, who's posting what to the code base... ))))))))

We're all weird ....

"Nowadays a normal person is no longer normal because he is normal" ...

Vladimir Pastushak:

I just found a very strange person on the forum today under the nameAnton Zverev : keeps an eye on everyone, who posts what, what bugs are looking for, who posts what to the code base... ))))))))

And I wanted to mention him... )))

Vladimir Gomonov:

Optimization graph stops showing due to incorrect criterion value calculation. Please fix it, as it is very convenient to observe optimization process visually on the graph.

It appears only on Balance + max RF criterion. // At least in my (so far) small practice.

// Only the chart breaks, optimization successfully continues.

----------- UPD

Was wrong.

Show how tab with optimization results table looks like