Who has the following package: Windows 7 x64 and MetaTrader 4 terminal? - page 7

Karputov Vladimir:

... - it makes one think hard about the need to abandon MT4 altogether. The number of glitches on MT4 has been rampant lately.

This is far from it. There's no need to make a big accusation about MT4. Especially if you have absolutely no experience with MT4. If you have to give up MT4, it's for a different reason.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
This is far from the case. There is no need to accuse MT4. Especially if you have no experience with MT4. If you have to give up MT4, it's for a different reason.

I know what I'm talking about. From recent examples:

• Windows 7 Home Premium (x64 based PC) and MT4. MT4 can't see files compiled on another computer and transferred over network
  • Windows 10 (x32) has problems with the group of custom indicators after the recent update of MT4 operating system.
Perhaps the root of the evil is in the 32 bit bit bitness of the terminal - this falls out of the modern world where 64 bit reigns supreme.

Karputov Vladimir:

I know what I'm talking about. From recent examples:

• Windows 7 Home Premium (x64 based PC) and MT4. MT4 can't see files compiled on another computer and transferred over network -- Unconfirmed
  • Windows 10 (x32) has problems with the group of custom indicators after the recent update of MT4 operating system.
Perhaps the root of the evil is in the 32 bit bit bitness of the terminal - this falls out of the modern world where 64 bit reigns supreme.

I have -- Windows 7 Ultimate (x64 based PC), .

It runs 24 hours a day. I have four MT4 terminals running at the same time. Two providers. Autotrading. This is the first I've heard about MT4 glitches.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

I have -- Windows 7 Ultimate (x64 based PC), ...

It's running 24 hours a day. I have four MT4 terminals running at the same time. Two providers. Autotrading. This is the first I've heard about MT4 glitches.

The problem is that Premium and Home Premium, as they say in Odessa, are two big differences.

Karputov Vladimir:

In general, no tricks have been used to make MT4 see the files compiled on another computer. And while other participants (thank you) have not confirmed such behavior on Win 7 and MT4 - it makes me think hard about the need to abandon MT4 altogether. Lately the number of glitches on MT4 has been just off the charts threateningly.

Added:

Purely out of academic interest, I'm going to get Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and install it in a virtual machine. Just to see what pops out...

Don't jump to conclusions. I think it's a hardware issue.

Most likely the hard drive.

Try to check it.

Koldun Zloy:

Don't jump to conclusions. I think it's the hardware.

Most likely the hard drive.

Try checking it.

Specifically? What could be wrong with the disk? NTFS file system.

By the way, on the user's computer we compared the file properties of the file received from me and the files on the user's computer - all the file properties are one-to-one.

Find some kind of disk checker. There are many of them.

There could be anything wrong with the disk.

For example: bad sectors in the area where system files are stored.

Koldun Zloy:

Find some kind of disk checker. There are many of them.

There could be anything wrong with the disk.

For example: bad sectors in the area where system files are stored.

Ah, in that sense...

Karputov Vladimir:
The problem is that Premium and Home Premium, as they say in Odessa, are two big differences.
2016.08.13 09:12:09.003 Data Folder: D:\MetaTrader 4\Programming
2016.08.13 09:12:09.003 Windows 7 Home Premium (x64 based PC), IE 11.00, UAC, 4 x AMD FX-4170 Quad-Core Processor , RAM: 10393 / 12255 Mb, HDD: 58105 / 244198 Mb, GMT+03:00
2016.08.13 09:12:09.003 MetaTrader 4 build 988 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)

And what would be the far-fetched reasons for such a package? There is nothing more glitchy than MT5 yet.

On the subject:

1. I observe that the terminal does not see a new folder if it is empty.

2. If a file compiled in ME with a newer version, it does not work (I read it somewhere on the mql4 or mql5 forum)

Suggestion:

1. Create a folder, put any of the files that are already in the terminal there and make sure that the folder is visible place the invisible file there.

2. upgrade the terminal to version 991.

Karputov Vladimir:
What's the difference? Premium and Home Premium, as they say in Odessa, are two big differences.

You'll never be satisfied.

It's strange that the service desk doesn't deal with this kind of issue. And if Service Desk is not interested in the issue, then there is no problem.

And about that:

Karputov Vladimir:

... It makes you think hard about the need to abandon MT4 altogether. The number of glitches on MT4 lately is just dangerously high.

It begs the question: at what level are you working with MT4? Have you used MT4 even for a day of real trading?

And an additional question: at what level do you work with MT5? Have you used MT5 even for one day?

Sounds to me like you don't really trade, either on MT4 or MT5.

Reason: