Errors, bugs, questions - page 765

Renat:

I'm afraid you haven't thought through the question of technical feasibility and design.

That is, you haven't reached a compromise between "functionality - usability - design - simplicity".

If 'design - simplicity' goes against the usability of the product, then usability is chosen. In addition, in my layout proposal, "simplicity" wins out, not to mention "functionality".

As for "usability", I can't do without it, but I'd have to make an extra effort to redesign the interface of course.

I have worked as a design engineer for a long enough time and have designed and calculated construction machines to be able to report with confidence that I understand the principle of Functionality - Convenience - Beauty quite well. Because quite often I have had to make changes in machine design for the sake of that "Convenience" according to feedback from direct product users based on their operating experience.

The option of piling up a bunch of independent windows is the death of the product. Usually programmers make such decisions without realizing the consequences.

It is clear that the start button should be independent (at least in several important places), but everything else is not suitable.

Renat:

The idea of piling up a bunch of independent windows is the death of the product. Programmers usually make such decisions without realizing the consequences.

It is clear that the start button must be independent (at least in several important places), but everything else is not suitable.

Renat, I understand everything. That a bunch of windows, like the one I have in the screenshot, will not be convenient for everyone to look at on the monitor. But it is possible to provide special buttons to hide unnecessary windows. In that case, you could enable only those windows that are required because there are different stages of robot development (debugging, optimization, testing).

By the way, window hiding buttons can be placed in "Settings" window - there is plenty of space there.

joo:
Renat, I understand everything. That a bunch of windows, like the one I have in the screenshot, will not be convenient for everyone to look at on the monitor. But it is possible to provide special buttons to hide unnecessary windows. In that case, you would only include those windows that are required because there are different stages of robot development (debugging, optimization, testing), so the windows should be appropriate for each stage.
Unfortunately, not a chance.

Renat:
Unfortunately, not a chance.

Yes, unfortunately. It may not be like my screenshot, but something has to be done about the tester's interface.

Perhaps I do not deny the possibility that I am cruelly mistaken and only I am uncomfortable using the tester. Therefore I'm going to take a poll.

joo:

Perhaps I am not denying the possibility that I am cruelly mistaken and I am the only one who is uncomfortable using the tester. So I'm going to take a poll.

Go ahead. I have something to say, too.

Thanks for the time, it's real now, for how long

But you didn't have time with the volumes - look for yourself - the values in the previously loaded candles are constantly changing, in all the timeframes.

Regards, Arkady

Wrote request #418282 to servicedesk. I think the MQ employee took about ten seconds to respond to my request.

Judging by the response, I wouldn't be surprised if the errors in the terminal keep popping up again and again. Best wishes for success.

MoneyJinn:

(Bummer.) Can't you figure it out?

Input box" graphic object

When I process a click event on it, I change some properties in the code, so, for example, the frame colour changes immediately, but the background colour only when the input is complete. There was also an idea to erase the initial text when entering, but changing this property doesn't work at that point.

And one more thing - if you scroll the chart and release the left mouse button on this object, it will get a click event, which is not good, because the input does not start, and in my code, for example, in response to this event are "preparatory robots" and there is no way to determine whether it was input or just a click after which the end of editing event will not come.

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Функции / Функции обработки событий
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Функции / Функции обработки событий
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Функции / Функции обработки событий - Документация по MQL5
Reason: