Strategy tester (question for the future)

Strategy Tester in MetaTrader 5

Hello, can you tell me if in the strategy tester of MetaTrader 5 it will be possible to test/optimise Expert Advisor that trades on multiple currencies? It is impossible in MetaTrader 4, and it's a pity: a whole stratum of very promising strategies cannot be implemented...

Yes, the trading strategy tester in MetaTrader 5 is fully multi-currency.

Renat:
Yes, the trading strategy tester in MetaTrader 5 is fully multi-currency.

Good news, thank you!

Is there any prediction when this tester will appear?

Georg2 писал(а) :

Good news, thank you!

Is there any prediction as to when this tester will be available?

promised in February :)

Don't worry, it will be fine - every day we collect new builds of the tester for internal testing.

It seems convenient if the tester has a built-in option to transfer the Equity and Balance chart to the chart of the trading instrument. Something like that.
Простая идея мультивалютного тестера с примером реализации - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Простая идея мультивалютного тестера с примером реализации - MQL4 форум

By the way, question on a related topic: does anyone know of any brokerage companies that allow to trade on a Pair of currency rates as on ONE instrument?

I.e. to have a line like EURGBP/USDGBP in the MT currency list. And that SL/TP would be exhibited on this synthetic instrument.

It's practically my blue dream...

Georg2 писал(а) :
By the way, a related question: does anyone know of any brokerage companies that allow you to trade on a Pair of exchange rates as on ONE instrument?

I.e. to have a line like EURGBP/USDGBP in MT's currency list. And to put SL/TP on this synthetic instrument.

This is implemented through virtual trading instruments.

Dear developers, do I understand correctly, that in an EA for the Strategy Tester we will not need to implement a large number of checks of intra-platform nuances, like in the case of online trading?

I.e., writing an EA in the Strategy Tester is much easier (as compared to the EA in MQL4) than in real trading. The checking of ideas in the tester will not be hampered by "bureaucratization" .

P.S. The prospect that the tester will require further modification and improvement of the Expert Advisor is very frustrating. The number of pitfalls has increased (again, compared to MQL4+MT4). And they are not obvious at this stage.

getch:
This is implemented through virtual trading tools.

Er... what is it? If it's like that multi-currency EA, it's not: SL and TP cannot be set on the server.

This requires the trading server to be able to store the mini-scripts and execute them when certain price levels are reached. MT5 is not mature enough for that. I don't think the developers will go for that in MT5, although it's a great idea (ping stops being so important for Market orders) with great prospects for trader, since virtual limits on virtual trading instruments and many other things are possible.

Reason: