MetaTrader 5 trading strategy tester ideology: agents - page 3

Renat:
All traffic is of course encrypted, access by password + we'll add on agents so you can specify lists of IP addresses from where you're allowed to connect.

that's great!

waiting for launch...

The tester hasn't even arrived for testing yet and I'm already in an argosmic fit! Well done, guys. I'm even surprised it's all free!

Super system. I'd love to see it, it's almost February. I wonder if you'll release it without beta testing.

:) Everyone is just waiting for a tester. If only we'd let them play - and the articles and code would have flowed like a river :) And bugs :)

C-4:
The tester hasn't even arrived for testing yet and I'm already in an argosmic fit! Well done, guys. I'm even surprised it's all for free!
It's in the Open Source. And there are a lot of tools for it. But they are good for what they have done - you will not see any competitors any more. :)

The idea is good, but I have 2 questions:

1) Will nVidia CUDA technology support be implemented?

2) Will the agents (MetaTester.exe) depend on CPU instructions (sse2 etc.)?

In order not to load the CPU heavily, they should be run at a low priority, then their work will be practically unnoticeable.

SProgrammer:
It's all there in the Open Source. And there are a lot of tools for that. But they did a good job - there are no competitors to be seen far away now. :)

It's just a matter of doing the small stuff. All that's left to do is to make it work, not pretend it does.

For some reason I can't help feeling that the plans used to create the 'design' are Napoleonic.

How many iterations of rework and, consequently, the time it takes to make it work (in terms of practical applicability)?

Until you can feel it with your hands, it is pointless, in my opinion, to talk about the quality of the work done. We shall see.

Graff:

The idea is good, but I have 2 questions:

1) Will nVidia CUDA technology support be implemented?

2) Will the agents (MetaTester.exe) depend on CPU instructions (sse2 etc.)?

In order not to load the CPU heavily, they should be run at a low priority and then their work will be barely noticeable.

1) No. We have already studied this question. CUDA will not help in any way in our calculations. It can only help in very rare, specific and well-prepared mass algorithms. For example, in mass calculation of matrices with a pre-coded algorithm. CUDA is of no help in general-purpose algorithms, which is what any program in MQL5 is. I've previously explained in the MQL4.com forum the reasons for rejecting CUDA.

Instead of CUDA, we have decided to mandatorily use SSE2 (Pentium 4 and higher). This gives a guaranteed effect for any type of programs by actively using this command set in the code optimizer. We don't want to sit around forever, as 99% of programs do, on the ancient i386 processor instruction set.

2) The tester requires SSE2, like all the major components of the MetaTrader 5 client terminal. This set of commands gives a real performance gain throughout the project.

The Strategy Tester in MetaTrader 5 is much faster not only due to the execution of Expert Advisors in native x86/x64 codes, but also due to the complete detachment from the terminal. This removes the problem of synchronization of data access, which greatly speeds up the work.

However, one should also take into account that the size and functionality of the multicurrency environment being simulated can be so large that the EA will be fully resource-intensive.

The terminal will also be 64-bit, which will allow performing truly large computational operations - MQL5 will automatically compile into a native x64 code with access to all available RAM (now it is easy to build desktops and servers with tens of gigabytes of memory).

Renat:

There will also be a 64-bit version of the terminal, which will allow performing truly huge computational operations - MQL5 will automatically compile into native x64 code with access to all available RAM (now it's easy to build desktops and servers with tens of gigabytes of memory).

A VERY GOOD EVENT! Thanks from owners of 64 bit systems

( I understand that the tester will also be 32 and 64 bit)

i also understood that the tester is completely separate from the terminal!

I have a question about the interface between the terminal and the tester

will be

visual testing - which gives a great result when testing

Well, I am interested in an old problem. Would it be possible to run the tester multiple times from any environment to generate the analysis results in the tables. That is, in fact, to automate the procedure of forward analysis. It used to take 90% of my time in MT4 to work with Expert Advisors.

Reason: