MetaTrader 5 trading strategy tester ideology: agents - page 2

kombat:

There's one thing I'm confused about on the LAN...

The LAN is yours.

You can only install software if you have admin rights, which means you can also control firewalls.

HideYourRichess:
I agree with that, being able to automatically distribute the load based on whether the client is "alive" or not is cool. But I was referring to a configuration that keeps it out of some temporarily disconnected parts of the network altogether. When there are several of them in one network, it is inevitable that there will be a conflict of resources. Sometimes we solve it in this administrative way. Like, today one counts on a cluster, the other one "rapes the accounting department", the third one rapes analysts, etc. Tomorrow everything changes. A serious problem, as it turns out, when one is not alone in the network.
Each agent can easily be temporarily disconnected via a tick box.

Renat:
Each agent can easily be temporarily disabled via a checkbox.
No software control via µl5, by any chance?

Renat:
Each agent is easy to turn off temporarily via a tick box.
When there are a lot of clients, it turns into a torment - tested. But, in principle, this is true for large networks, of course. If one has only one quad-core at hand, there is no problem at all.

getch:
It is probably a good idea to consider limiting the computational resources of the agents (CPU load, network load, etc.). So that office workers of large (and not so large) companies are not greatly affected by a huge MT5 computing network (based on their local networks, for example) organised (by the admin)...
Studied the load of cores, in one office. It turned out that the 3rd and 4th cores are idle about 99.9% of the time. The second core is idle for about 90% of the time, and the first core, busy for about 10-20% of the time. But yes, it would be nice if the agent could keep statistics on core utilization and send the data to the network owner.

kombat:
There is no software control via the mcl5, is there?
Of course not.

I'm sick of programmers and sysadmins. In the early 70's they made a computer, Illiak 4, it was called. It consisted of 256 quadrants, each of which consisted of 256 processors - it predicted the weather. Not much more, not much more. And what your tester optimises, I forget somehow.

A pleasant event awaits us thank you!

--

As you know, people often team up to solve certain problems.

For example, a group of traders may create a network for testing and optimization

Somebody may have more than one computer at home, and it's not a secret that most of the cores are idle. We can share the resources with the group

By the way, how are the agents' defences against outside attack?

;)

kombat:

By the way, how are the agents' defences against outside attack?

All traffic is of course encrypted, access by password + we will add on agents so that you can specify lists of IP addresses from where you are allowed to connect.
Reason: