Wishes for MT5 - page 44

Shurik740:
Yes, but separate windows instead of tabs (which is now), was really more convenient. And if during optimization there was a parallel testing in visualization mode, it would be a fairy tale...

This is the second question about usability.

Someone with three 25' monitors can, of course, have all the tabs separately.

But don't forget that most of the population has one monitor. And you have to be careful to save all the areas.

Erm955:

But I always wanted to run the tester as a function (or OOP class) inside the EA. Then we could manage the testing/optimization process much more effectively than now. After all, now even the sequential testing by history periods is done from a tab, not programmatically. It would be convenient to create some testing/optimization program, and then run tester on it autonomously (e.g. overnight) . It would not be a bad idea to do this inside a small DBMS.

I think they will do it with five as well. the only question is the time of MT5 release.

Erm955:

But I always wanted to run the tester as a function (or OOP class) inside the EA. Then we could manage the testing/optimization process much more effectively than now. After all, now even the sequential testing by history periods is done from a tab, not programmatically. It would be convenient to create some testing/optimization program, and then run tester on it autonomously (e.g. overnight) . It would not be a bad idea to do this inside a small DBMS.

I don't see any problem to do testing from an EA. Another question is how to implement it better?

You can do it using OOP, inside the Expert Advisor (it is convenient that everything is organized in MQL). For me, for example, this approach is of interest.

The processing can be run in external software and get the results from there (there are also many advantages).

You can also use DBMS, if necessary.

Interesting:

I don't see any problem for testing from an EA.

It's an interesting topic. Have there been any articles on this? I have no idea how to implement it yet.

Yedelkin:
It is an interesting topic. Were there any articles on this subject? So far I have no idea how it may be implemented.

I don't think there are any articles, at least in MQL5 (although I could be wrong). The virtual trading and auto-optimization have something in common (there seem to be a lot of articles on such topics).

I am interested in this question from the point of view of virtual trading on last week's data (the idea was that the automated optimization was executed on weekends).

I thought about running it in MQL5. However I faced some difficulties:

It is very difficult to implement multi symbol handling (I have decided to handle only one pair for now);

It is very difficult to correctly implement multi-threading;

3. it is very time consuming. It's worth doing during initialization or on weekends;

4. In my opinion it is very difficult to work with input parameters (including their optimization - enumeration). I'm still thinking of working with these parameters: TP, SL and Lot.

PS

I also have some difficulties when working with indicators.

Maybe it would be easier to work in external software (no matter what software and how), and retrieve the optimization result from it.

Ever since the advent of MT4, I've wanted it to have a bar-magnetisation mode when you switch the cursor to crosshair. It is very inconvenient to aim, especially when the scale is small.

If not magnetization, then at least the illumination of the bar on which the cursor is located.

Between bars there is no data, why these swings, you have one eye to look at the data window and the other to keep track of the cursor and the mouse does not move even a little bit.

Of course, I'm exaggerating), but magnetic cursor is a very handy thing, if you add a data window to it (switchable) it will be a real beauty.

I would like to see it in MT5.

I suggested it during the MT4 test, they refused, I do not remember the reason.

The MQL5 project could be compiled into a dll in MetaEditor environment. So that the written code would be portable to other platforms without rewriting.

-Alexey-:
The MQL5 project could be compiled into a dll in MetaEditor environment. The written code would be portable to other platforms without rewriting.

I don't think it will ever be implemented, and what for?

You can transfer it to another MT5 even now, and if you need a DLL, you won't get it completely.

Думал на счет выполнения на чистом MQL5, столкнулся с такими трудностями:

You see, it's not that easy. I'd rather have developers or strong programmers do it. I can't afford it.

Interesting:

It is unlikely that this will ever be implemented, and why?

You can transfer to another MT5 even now, and if you need a DLL, you can't do it completely anyway.

For example, I like the language - strong. The speed of calculations has not yet been tested. I.e. C++ capabilities are already redundant for some things. And a (once written) calculation I would like to connect to Ami, for example.
Reason: