MetaTrader 5 Python User Group - how to use Python in Metatrader - page 48

jaffer wilson:

That's why I want to know. There is always a solution to problems. I think to solve them in our forum. Please can any developer help me with this?

I have a completed project in Python 3.5.0

I can't switch to any other version as it had dependencies.

If you can't give a solution, can anyone convert my project to Python 3.7 for free? I don't think anyone can. So instead of bothering me, please share the code or at least release code that works on Python 3.5.0.

Unfortunately, there is no official version of Python 3.5.x for the Windows platform:

That's why we don't support it. This cannot be changed anymore.

This is what is called a Python zoo. The only way to develop in it is to migrate your projects to new versions in time.
Python Release Python 3.5.9
Python Release Python 3.5.9
  • www.python.org
Release Date: Nov. 2, 2019 Python 3.5.9 Python 3.5.9 was released on November 1st, 2019. There were no new changes in version 3.5.9; 3.5.9 was released only because of a CDN caching problem, which resulted in some users downloading a prerelease version of the 3.5.8 .xz source tarball. Apart from the version number, 3.5.9 is identical to the...

MetaQuotes :

Unfortunately, there is no official version of Python 3. 5.x for the Windows platform:

That's why we don't support it. This cannot be changed anymore.

This is what is called a Python zoo. The only way to develop in it is to migrate your projects to new versions in time.

Are you saying that I need to spend more money for someone to port my project to a different version of Python? Why can't you just take any version of Python 3.5. and just try the connector with it. It's not a big deal, I guess. If you think it's a big deal, share the source code with me and I'll do it for you, for free.

You can use this option for Windows here: https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-350/

Python Release Python 3.5.0
Python Release Python 3.5.0
  • www.python.org
Release Date: Sept. 13, 2015 Python 3.5.0 Python 3.5.0 was released on September 13th, 2015. Major new features of the 3.5 series, compared to 3.4 Among the new major new features and changes in the 3.5 release series are PEP 441, improved Python zip application support PEP 448, additional unpacking generalizations PEP 461, "%-formatting" for...

A data subscription has appeared in the navigator.
There is a question, who will be the provider of the data provided in the future?
MQ company, broker/dealer, stock exchange, third party data feed ?
Or maybe the user will be able to hand out a custom date?

jaffer wilson :

Are you saying that I need to spend more money for someone to port my project to a different version of Python? Why can't you just take any version of Python 3.5. and just try the connector with it. It's not a big deal, I guess. If you think it's a big deal, share the source code with me and I'll do it for you, for free.

You can use this option for Windows here: https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-350/

Please say something about the comment I just made. Will there be a distribution version for Python 3.5.0 or will you share the code so I can compile it to match my version?

When dropping Start.py script, which is located in MQL5/Script/Python folder, an error appears:

2020.02.27 20:41:18.934 Python 'Start': python process thread create error [The system cannot find the file specified. (2)]

In the logfile :

2 2020.02.27 20:42:01.565 MqlProject source file property "path" is empty

Which file and path are we talking about?

jaffer wilson:

Please say something about the comment I just made. Will there be a distribution version for Python 3.5.0 or will you share the code so I can compile it to match my version?

Check it out and try to build under 3.5.0

Vladimir Perervenko:

When dropping Start.py script, which is located in MQL5/Script/Python folder, an error appears:

2020.02.27 20:41:18.934 Python 'Start': python process thread create error [The system cannot find the file specified. (2)]

In the logfile :

2 2020.02.27 20:42:01.565 MqlProject source file property "path" is empty

What file and path are we talking about?

What do you mean by "resetting the script"?

Drag'n'drop from navigator to chart?

This error means that the exe file of the python handler could not be found. Specify the exact name of the python script and check that the path to the python interpreter is defined correctly in the editor settings.

Renat Fatkhullin:

What do you mean by "script drop"?

Drag'n'drop from the navigator to the chart?

This error means that the python handler's exe file could not be found. Specify the exact name of the python script and check that the path to the python interpreter is defined correctly in the editor settings.

Yes, Drag'n'drop from navigator to chart.

Seems to be correct. I will figure it out tomorrow. There must be a problem with the path to python.exe.

jaffer wilson:

Built 5.0.23 python libraries for 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9 versions.

Update via:

pip install metatrader5

или

pip install --upgrade metatrader5

Renat Fatkhullin:

Built 5.0.23 python libraries for 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9 versions.

Update through:

Add a couple of features?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

MetaTrader 5 Python User Group - How to use Python in Metatrader

Roman, 2020.02.25 23:13

The symbols_total and symbol_name functions are missing
To get a list of symbols, like this:

string name = "";
int total = SymbolsTotal(true);

for(int i = 0; i < total; i++)
{
   name = SymbolName(i, true);