MetaTrader 5 Python User Group - how to use Python in Metatrader - page 3

It looks very much like Metacquotes has ushered in a new era of development for their brainchild.

And they are hammering the last nails into the coffin of MT4, and not only MT4))

Thanks Rinat for the new horizons.

Mikhail Dovbakh:

It looks very much like Metacquotes has ushered in a new era of development for their brainchild.

And they are hammering the last nails into the coffin of MT4, and not only MT4))

Thanks Rinat for the new horizons.

The new era will be with C-API and trading functionality from C-API. And in a couple of years MK will do it). Imho, that's where it's headed.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
The new era will be with C-API and trading functionality from C-API. And in a couple of years MK will do that). Imho, that's where it's headed.
complicating things...)

fxsaber:

Well here's a simple example showing that the tick history is much easier and more convenient to visualise in Python than in MT5. Thank you.

Better if all this was included by default in the MT5 terminal. Would "kill" all the competition.

jdjahfkahjf:
Better if all this was included by default in the MT5 terminal. Would "kill" all the competition.

The developers don't do any visualisation. The maximum they have is a visualisation of the glass. It was expected that by giving a fishing rod in the form of a canvas, people would pick up and create gimmicks, which would be successfully distributed through the Market. This scheme did not work at all.

The maximum I got was the ZoomPrice indicator. It is strong if you compare it with the MT5 alternatives, but a total primitive if you look beyond the MT5 framework.

Well, this panel showed me once again that even with visualization of my own tabular data in MT5 not everything is perfect.

I.e. it's difficult to make a decent visualization on canvas. But even by GUI terminal/tester, there are questions as to why it's not improving.

TradePanel_Csharp
TradePanel_Csharp
  • www.mql5.com
Торговая панель, которая работает и в Визуализаторе Тестера.Таблица текущих ордеров/позиций.Таблица истории торгов (корректно работает на Хедж-счетах). Использование Ручная торговля в Тестере или вмешивание в работу советника (например, с целью проверки устойчивости ко внешним факторам).Ручная торговля в Терминале на демо/реальных...

Mikhail Dovbakh:
(You're complicating things...)
Simplifying). This alone would be enough for any application, including, among others, R and Python.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Simplifying). That alone would be enough for any application, including, among others, R and Python.

For a narrow circle of C++ developers, yes. And for the vast number of members of the algotrading community, it's overcomplication, which by the way is available on many platforms.
"Simplicity is in off-the-shelf modules, not the ability to solve (supposedly) any problem..."

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I even foresee an influx of newcomers who think they're going to learn how to add 2+2 on Python and then will start profiting )), and then there are a lot of dissatisfied people

The same thing happened with ticks.

fxsaber:

The same thing happened with the ticks.

I don't understand the funny thing about ticks. I know you can do them on the intermarket, but I don't understand them purely on the 1st instrument... without a tumbler and nothing, it's brainwashing)

or what are we talking about?

A question from a beginner. If I take some code out of the EA and write it in Python, paralleling it to 3 threads, for example, will the EA in the tester use 3 threads? Will the tester be able to use 4 threads in such a way?
Reason: