1200 subscribers!!! - page 11

Yuriy Zaytsev:
Subscriber funds 5.7M
И?

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

not convinced -- there are two situations:

1) TC says: "look at the signal service of MC, look how many successful ones, 2, 3 years have a history of successful trading, choose anyone, it's easy, trade"

2) TC said: "choose a signal of Taras, he is in a drawdown, it's time to subscribe, no mistakes" (just above this advertising was described in the post)

Question 1: Which variant is more suitable for a broker who is interested in his clients? 1 or 2?

question 2: which variant of advertising is more suitable for brokerage companies interested in Taras's signal? 1 or 2?

I do not understand why a brokerage company should advertise Taras signal

p.s. Taras signal is only 1.5 years old, the drawdown is 44% - it's not the best signal by all indicators - and it's hard to disagree with this

if Taras's signal was "head and shoulders" above all other signals -- then, yes, I don't argue, I understand everything, I agree -- but his signal is not the best, neither by trading, nor by reliability.

Question 3: if you close the "number of subscribers" display, will Taras' signal have 1000 subscribers?

I agree with it

i can only say that the investor likes this stability - i just look at the months, there is not a single red month in 3 years

fxsaber:
И?

Psychology!

The thing is that if it were a PAMM for example - of course his income would be higher

But it is more complicated with psychology.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

I can only say that the investor likes such stability - just looking at the months, there is not a single red month in 3 years

what 3 years? it's 1.5 years to the signal - the trading style is "Martin-grid" - do investors like Martin-grids?

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Psychology!

The thing is that if it were a PAMM for example - of course his income would be higher

But psychology is more complicated.

I think that the average subscriber in the minus, if developers do not lie with statistics.

fxsaber:
The point is that the average subscriber is in the negative, if the developers don't lie with the stats.
I don't quite understand your reasoning on this point -- can you justify at least some approximation of your point?

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
I don't quite understand your conclusions on this subject - can you at least somewhat justify your thought?

There are service slippage statistics, which are maintained by the developers and which are available to everyone. For example, slippage of 1 pip on EURUSD = 0.00010 - 10 five-digit pips.

If the Provider opens a position with such slippage and closes it with a profit of 20 points, the Subscriber will gain 0 points of profit (10 points will slip on opening and the same amount on closing).

In addition, the subscriber will pay the broker's commission.

Therefore, in order to make a profit, Subscriber should have the Provider's mathematical expectation more than twice as big as the average slippage. In this case it is > 150 pips on Pepper (there are a lot of subscribers there). There's a little less, if not more. But it's clear that if the average subscriber has ~$5000 ($5700K/1200), they don't keep it in the kitchen, which have shallow slips, but wherever ECN is somehow mentioned. That's why Pepper and company are so popular with subscribers - they don't cheat.

The Signal has the mathematical expectation < 150 pips. Therefore, the developers' statistics suggest that the average subscriber will lose by copying even if the Provider is profitable.

Why 1,200 subscribers? Why not 1,000 or 2,100 or 2,400? Or at least 500.

fxsaber:

There are service slippage statistics, which are maintained by the developers and which are available to everyone. For example, slippage of 1 point on EURUSD = 0.00010 - 10 five-digit pips.

If the Provider opens a position with such slippage and closes it with a profit of 20 points, the Subscriber will gain 0 points of profit (10 points will slip on opening and the same amount on closing).

Therefore, in order to make a profit, Subscriber should have the Provider's mathematical expectation more than twice as big as the average slippage. In this case it is > 150 pips on Pepper (there are a lot of subscribers there). There's a little less, if not more. But it's clear that if the average subscriber has ~$5000 ($5700K/1200), they don't keep it in the kitchen, which have shallow slips, but wherever ECN is somehow mentioned. That's why Pepper and company are so popular with subscribers - they don't cheat.

The Signal has the mathematical expectation < 150 pips. So purely mathematically, if we believe the developer's statistics, the average subscriber loses when copying, even if the provider is profitable.

Thanks, now it's clearer.

fxsaber:

There are service slippage statistics, which are maintained by the developers and which are available to everyone. For example, slippage of 1 point on EURUSD = 0.00010 - 10 five-digit pips.

The Signal has the mathematical expectation < 150 pips. Therefore, the developers' statistics suggest that the average subscriber loses while copying even if the Provider is profitable.

expectation in money may be higher than expectation in pips (it may even be negative value with positive total return) when using systems with rounds or martin-like variations.
Reason: